New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Midnight

Author's note: This is unfinished story. I want to know if people would exactly read this if I should ever...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is unfinished story. I want to know if people would exactly read this if I should ever finish the book and get it published. Please leave a comment Thank you.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

Chapter 1: Ghost Boy

I run, but have nowhere to go. I run and run, then one day, one sunny day I stop and asked myself
“Why am I running? Where am I going?" I stop at the corner of James Street and Night Road.
I saw an old, torn up, and creepy house that was a banded almost 100 years. I looked up at one of the windows and swore I saw a 15 year-old boy in the window.
"Lucy, hey!" a girl said walking towards me. "Hey Lucy, where were you? Why didn't you go to the party?" she said.
"I got grounded, Jessica. My mom said I should stop yelling at her, but that will never change.'' I said to Jessica.
"Well, you miss a heck of a party, in till the cops came and told everyone to go home," she said looking down, "Hey! Are you listening? Hello, Earth to Lucy," waving her hand in my face, but I was staring at the boy in the window.
He looked like one of those farmer boys back when the Civil War had just starting. The boy had brown eyes and jet black hair that was up to his shoulders.
"Lucy, what are you looking at?" she said looking at the window I was looking at," Nothing is there. Are you drunk? Hello?"
“I’m... I'm fine. Don't worry."I said as I looked at her, then back at the window, but the boy wasn't there anymore.
"Hey, you should ask if you can come over to my house.'' she said looking at me.
"Sure. Hey, what's the story of that house?" I asked pointing at the old house.
“The story, why do want to know that?" she asked me.
“Just wondering" I said to her.
"Oh well, my grandma Lisa says that there was a family that lived there and the youngest son, he was 15, had supposedly been murdered by his father, Devon Lee Turner. After, he killed his son the family moved out and none saw them ever again. My grandma says it's haunted and I believe her. If it wasn't someone would have lived there, right?" she said as I looked back at the house
“I guess your grandmother is right." I said.
Jessica's phone began to ring and she pulled it and said “Hello? Oh hi Miss. Robinson. Yes, Lucy's here. Sure you can talk to her," she handed me the phone “It’s your mom."
I grabbed the phone “Thanks,” I said “Hi mom.''
'' Lucy where are you? I was worried sick.'' she yelled into the phone.
“I’m at the corner of James Street and Night road. Hey, can I spend the night at Jessica's house today. "
“Fine, but be home at 3 and no later than that.''
“Thanks, mom, bye “I said while almost jumping and hanging up.
“What she say?" Jessica said looking curiously at me.
“She said yes." I said proudly.
'' O.K, let's go. We have a long walk." Jessica and I walked almost a mile to her house. "Mom, I 'm home." she called through the house. "Hi, Jessica. Hi, Lucy.''
"Lucy's mom said she can spend the night." Jessica said to her mother.
“Oh. O.K." her mother said.
"Hi, Mrs. James, how are you today?" I said to Jessica's mother.
"Fine and thank you, Lucy." she said with a smile.
Jessica grabbed my hand and said “Come on, Lucy.”
I followed her to her room.
“Hey, Jessica, I was wondering can we go to that old house and go inside tonight." I said with an evil smile.
“Sneaking out?" she said almost as if she was saying "Are you nuts?!?"
"Please." I begged.
“Fine, let me get a few things and we can go." she said, while grabbing her backpack, some flashlights, glow sticks, pepper spray and her cell phone.
“O.k. let’s go." she said.
We climbed out the window and started walking to the old house. We reached the house at 9:00.
“Oh my, why did I let you talk me into this?" Jessica said a little scared.
“Because you’re my best friend and you won't let me go alone." I said as I climbed over the gate and then helped Jessica climb over the gate.
“I want to say here." she said shaking.
“Fine, stay here, I am going inside," I said as a walk in the house. “Hello, anyone here?" I asked walking around with my blond hair getting in my blue eyes. I walked upstairs to a room.
“This must be the youngest son's room.” I thought to myself.
I knocked three times and said “Hello, anyone in there? Can I come in? I'm not going to hurt you."
Then the door open and I walked in. I saw the teenage son on the window sill.
“Hi, my name is Lucy Robinson. What's your name? "
He was silent for awhile, then he finally said " Nice to me you, Lucy Robinson. My name is Lance Turner," He looked at me for a moment then turned back to the window," Your pretty, Lucy."
I blushed and said "Thank you, Lance."
He signaled me to sit beside him.
"So, what beings you here, Lucy? " he said with a lonesome smile.
I just stared into his eyes. “What’s going on with me?” I said to myself.
“You O.K, Lucy?" he asked a little confused. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just got lost in.... the town, “I shouted.
I can't believe I was going to say "I got lost in your eyes."
''Oh, you need help getting home?" he said with his eyes glittering from the moonlight. "No. I know where to go, but thanks."
''Ok. Is that your friend by the gate? ''
"Yes. That's Jessica. She was too scared to come in the house. ''
Lance chuckled “Why is she scared?”
“I really don't know why." I answered.
“Hey, Lucy Robinson...."
I interrupted “Please just call me Lucy."
"Ok. Lucy would you like to come over tomorrow night? '' I blushed redder than a rose.
“Sure. I'd love to, Lance."
He smiled at me and said "Cool. I can’t wait to see you again."
I looked at him and said "Really? You can't wait to see me again?"
“Yes. Is something wrong with that? “He laughed.
"No. It's just... none has ever said that to me. “He looked at me confused “Really? Well those boys are dumb to not to talk to you and I think your coolest person I ever met. "
I blushed again and said “Thanks.”
Lance scathed the back of his head and said "You’re welcome.”
''Lucy, come on. Hurry up. It's cold out here and scary.'' Jessica shouted from the door.
'' Coming,'' I shouted,'' I have to go, sorry.''
'' It's ok, Lucy. See you tomorrow at midnight. “He said as I ran for the door.
“Midnight?" I looked at him with a confused look,'' Why midnight?"
“Because then I can show you something. Why? Don't you trust me? "
I was so confused and was thinking what was he planning and what his intentions were.
“Yes, I trust you, but I don't think it's safe for a 15 year-old girl to be running around the street at night by herself is all.”
“Yeah, I guess you right. “He said with a disappointment tone," I could get you, Lucy? “He said pointing it out like writing in a book.
”He likes me." I thought," He really likes me!''
“Ok, but do you know where I live? '' I asked him.
“Yes, I do." He said with a smile.
"How do you know?" I said.
''I just saw you come here from your house." he said with a smile.
"Lucy, come on let's go now." Jessica said shaking in fear.
"I'm coming! Just wait!" I yelled back, “I live at 1020 West Wills street. The house you saw me at is Jessica's house. Well I got to go. Good-night, Lance. I will see you tomorrow at mid-night."
"Good-night, Lucy. I will be at your house around mid-night." he said blowing me a kiss, as I walked out the door
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

FLAME said...
Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:55 am:
I like it but i want to read more

Midnight1028This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 1 at 7:57 pm :
I will write more when I have the time. Thank you! :)

Elizabeth C. said...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:25 am:
Nice work! I liked this very much.

Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:43 pm :
Thank you! :)