Truly Madly Deeply

Author's note: My ex-fiance and I fell in love almost instantly. We had so many memories and I don't want to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My ex-fiance and I fell in love almost instantly. We had so many memories and I don't want to forget them. We will always have that eternal flame no matter who we are with.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

First Meeting

“Your boyfriend is looking for you” said my best friend Halley as she entered into my “job”, working the school Book Fair. I was overly nervous because we had been dating 6 days and I hadn’t officially met him yet.
My heart pounded, it was an hour before we were supposed to meet up at the park. I was not expecting this, but I was plenty excited. I grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulder and walked towards the park. I walked anxiously looking for him. Everywhere I looked I thought I spotted him. I went to our meeting spot, the tree closest to the swings. I sat down and re-applied my make-up hurriedly. I glanced over trying to look casual instead of the anxiousness clearly planted on my face.
I sat on the table cross legged with a book in my hand, pretending to read. I looked up and saw him coming my way. He looked like a total dork, totally opposite of what I like.
There stood my boyfriend, the one and only Derek. He was tall, thin and oh so cute. He had this charm about him, he wasn’t smooth or suave. He seemed to be disorganized and messy and it came out as a charisma. He was relatively tall; 5’8 maybe, just about my height. He had shaggy blonde hair covered up by a cowboy hat. His eyes were covered by dark black sunglasses, and his lips were pursed together. He wore a black mortician’s jacket with a skateboard by his side. He wore faded blue jeans with the holes in the knees and an old ratty black tee-shirt with Jeff Dunham’s puppets famous line “I keel you.” He was the total opposite of what I’d excepted.
“Hey babe,” Derek smiled and forced a kiss upon my lips. My head was spinning and I kept from touching my lips.
“Hi.” I muttered still in shock by how much that one kiss sent fireflies through me.
I reached for him as a pining child reaching for her favorite toy. I latched onto his jacket and smiled. I kept leaning closer; I just couldn’t believe how much I was in love with him already. And I certainly wasn’t ready to part from.
He took off his jacket and I jumped at the first chance to grab it. I took off mine and replaced it with his. “You are never getting this back!” I giggled and kissed his lips with passion.
“And you’re never getting yours back”
We talked like a couple, walked like a couple, laughed like a couple and did things like a couple but I felt an unending yearn to show him off, flaunt him. We held hand and sat in the grass on the hill over looking the entire park. And out of nowhere, he attacked me.
He was lying on top of me and he smiled and laughed wide as he said “I told you I’d glomp you, when I saw you”
I chuckled and I leaned into him, happy to be in his arms. We cuddled and we laughed. Content with how we were. He reached around me, his cell phone in his hand and the camera shutter when off. I smiled as I looked at the moment instilled forever. I’ll remember this moment forever.
Out of nowhere, my younger brother Joshua showed up. He scared us as he cleared his throat rather loudly. I smiled and introduced the two. Josh leaned over and shook Derek’s hand firmly, still looking over the embrace between Derek and I. “Nice to meet you” he spoke rather cordially for meeting a guy for the first time.
As the time danced through the wind, I smiled as Derek embraced his true side. He was comfortable in his own skin where as I was tense and unsure of how to act. Derek laughed loud and acted as a small child would. He climbed up a nearby tree and complained as he scraped his hand. I laughed and begged him to come down as I attempted to reach where he was, then hesitated as I realized, I am afraid of heights. I stood four feet below him smiling as he stood on a sturdy branch. He stood tall and bent his knees to jump. My much too fearful mind caused me to turn my head and cringe as I heard his feet hit the ground. He smiled and laughed as he dusted himself off.
“It’s about time to get home” Josh spoke suddenly, ending my time with Derek.
Derek offered, like a gentleman, to drive us home. I accepted and we piled into his car. The inside was unorganized and a disaster, as expected. Although, I am a clean freak, I didn’t seem to mind the disaster area. He pulled up in front of my house and he kissed me quickly.
I stepped out and my knees almost fell weak. I stood and watched him drive away as I expected my knee’s to give way if I tried to walk. Josh opened the garage door as I walked in and smiled. “You know, he could stay over if you want him to, I won’t tell dad.”
This clicked as an opportunity in my head.
I grabbed the phone and clicked his contact and opened a brand new text message “Boyfriend, come back, my dad isn’t home”
He sent to corresponding texts, “Ok.” And “I’m here
Just as he said, he stood waiting patiently in the threshold of the front door. I smiled and let him in.
I grabbed his arm and gave him the “grand tour” of my house. He stopped at every corner to ooh and ahh every picture my mother had of my younger brother and I. I laughed and dragged him away. We finally reached my bedroom which was a disaster- well, what was a disaster to me- last nights pajamas strewn around the floor backpack lay emptied out on my unmade bed with my cat, Callie, hiding under the covers.
He glomped me again But This time, I was prepared and got him back. He lay flat on his back on my bed as I pinned him down and straddled him. I kissed him and smiled. My hair falling into my face and he reached his hand over to push it behind my ears. I got off him and lay flat beside him. My brother watched intently as he took forever making a PB&J sandwich in the kitchen just in view of my bedroom.
I reached over to grab my remote, pushing Callie out the way and throwing my bag on the floor. It was on my morning music video channel, CMT. I quickly changed it before he could hear my “country girl” side of me coming out as Taylor Swift’s “Mean” played. I changed it to Nickelodeon which wasn’t any better considering that the SpongeBob Squarepant’s theme song was blaring, but Derek pushed my hand away and stared intently as SpongeBob began one of his childish jelly fishing adventures.
I lay down on my side and Derek leaned over to cuddle me. He laid his head on my chest and stared at the TV. I dragged my fingers through his shaggy blonde hair and smiled. Content to be with the one that I love, I stared off into space. I dozed out but I came back to reality as Josh cleared his throat over-exaggeratedly, startling both Derek and I. “Oh jeez, Josh, we aren’t doing anything but cuddling”
“Well, I don’t know that.” He spoke quite defensively.
It didn’t bother me too much that Josh was being over-dramatic, he was just being “big brother” when in all actuality, he was just “little brother.” Derek didn’t seem to mind very much either. It made me smile that Josh approved of Josh and that Derek didn’t mind the “being watched like a hawk” attitude from Josh.
It was 8:00 and sadly, Derek had to go home. I prolonged his leaving with extended kisses and embraces, exuberant “I love you’s” and “please stay.” Although I knew my father would be home soon and my ass would be dead if he saw a boy over, without his permission. So, unwillingly, I watched him leave.
I collapsed on my bed, where we just lay, staring up at the ceiling, wishing he was back again. The time I had with him was nowhere near enough, but I was content. His drive home was a long one, so I text him a quick goodnight and told him I’d text him the moment I woke up. I changed into my PJ’s and lay on my bed until the blackness engulfed me and I fell asleep.
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »