Superpowers: Malum

Author's note: This story takes a different route into the world of superheroes and super villains, by telling...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This story takes a different route into the world of superheroes and super villains, by telling it from the villain's point of view.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

Malum

Six months have passed since Love died. Nothing has been the same. I'm no longer The Brain. No one has heard from Josh, since that day. They figured that he somehow was killed when Red attacked, but I know better. He is off hiding somewhere, getting his courage back up to help Imperial City.
There is no help. There was none for Love. The only way I can help her, is reclaiming my place as king. At first I tried to fight the plague on this world by attacking the symptom, but now I know that is not the way. I must attack the entire disease, and then cure Earth. There is no such thing as freedom, no such thing as rights.
If you give people the tools to be free, they will only use them to harm others. Under my rule, everyone will be safe. No more violence, theft,murder, or war. Everyone will be happy. All people with powers of any kind will be eradicated. Its unfair for anyone to have such a powerful advantage over others.
People will have no more hard decisions to make, for I will make them for them. No more ethnic groups will exist, for in a few centuries, we will all be one people. Poverty will no longer exist, Everyone will have a job, and be paid with a single currency. Only one system will exist, none other will be known.
Since I've published my philosophy, hundreds of followers have joined, and I have provided refuge for them in my island fortress. It is here that they will train, learn, and find purity. They will earn their right to call themselves Green. My people will be reborn here, and will revolutionize the world.
More and more join each day, and with them, we become stronger. Green raid the city daily, taking money, and supplies from those to have to0 much, and we will invest it in good.
Unfortunately, the police do not see eye to eye with this revolution. They are working to bring us down from the inside, but I quickly weed out their spies, and dispose of them in a way that entertains my people.
The media does not call me by my proper name of "Green King". They chose a more playful name, that is a little more gruesome. It means 'evil' in Latin, or the language of the Givers. So what do they call me? Only one word, that sends shivers down Imperial City's spine. Malum.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

AnInkling said...
I think that your plot seems very interesting (as I have just finished the first chapter), but it would be nice to have more description take place between actions. Instead of telling us that Love "did know why she was at the party" or "she went to the roof", it would be nice to see some description of her walking and the setting around the place. Other than that, I would say that the story seems a little bit jumpy and rushed in the writing. But I think that plot could be ver... (more »)

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:22 am
Hey, EJ! It was a good story. Um, to give constructive criticism, I thought the beginning was a little unrealistic. Why would Love be so quick to act? I mean, if you saw a seventeen year old from another planet land on your roof, what would you do? I also thought it wasn't realistic because Josh let him in so easily. I didn't get the impression that he was the kind of guy who let his girlfriend take home an alien boy. And why did Josh have super powers but Love didn't? How did he get... (more »)

None0 said...
Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:00 am
I will give this novel the same suggestion I gave your other novel. However, there's another angle this novel needs work on, and that would be scene description. After reading through some of the chapters, I only found that the characters' thoughts were well conveyed. The scenes themselves were a bit sketchy, with only vague descriptions, and not much interaction.   I'd also comment on the content, but I'm getting a bit tired now. So I'll just say, good luck on your ... (more »)

applesauceHater said...
Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:35 am
this story was so cute and quirky with awesome fight scenes! then the ending was sad:(great story though!!!

Labtopnerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:59 am
Thanks! I was thinking about continuing the story from Typhoon's point of view. Sorry about the ending, but villains only rise from tragedy, so there had to be one.

applesauceHater replied...
You should:3I would read it!!!