Superpowers: Malum

Author's note: This story takes a different route into the world of superheroes and super villains, by telling...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This story takes a different route into the world of superheroes and super villains, by telling it from the villain's point of view.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Love

Love didn't know why she was at the party. Maybe it was because her friends told her that it was fun, or maybe because her boyfriend, Josh, was there. Either way, none of them could be found. Love just wanted to get away from it all, so she went to the roof. There, she looked up at the stars. Just then, a single star appeared, and of course, she had to make a wish. At the time, she was thinking about Josh. He had been acting weird lately, and the party was the first social outing he had gone to in months.
She wished that there was someone out there that understood her, and wouldn't treat her like a piece of meat. She closed her eyes, and made her wish. Suddenly, something amazing happened. There was a flash of light, and in front of her, there stood a boy dressed in tattered green robes. Love looked into his deep green eyes, and he fell to the ground, out cold. Josh then appeared behind her, staring at the the strange boy.
"What just happened?" he asked Love.
"I don't know," she replied back. They both looked up, and it was starting to rain. ", but we better get him inside, fast."
So the couple each grabbed an end, and took their mysterious visitor into the violent ruckus of a party. It was surprising that the deafening music didn't wake him up. As they pushed, shoved, and yelled through the crowds, the Boy didn't turn many heads. Eventually, Love and Josh had to set him down, so they kicked the snogging couple off the couch. They both knew that the event of randomly teleported teenagers was pretty serious. The party was over.
As the captain of the football team, and the host of the party, Josh made an announcement, which quickly cleared the large apartment. Attention soon turned back to the Boy. This was the first time they both got a chance to observe him. Everything he was wearing was green, and completely beat up or shredded.
He had a ring of twigs on his head, which seemed to be the remnants of a crown that Mother Nature would wear. The rags on his back looked like they used to be a long cape. Small metal leaves adorned the armor around his torso, all the way down to the bottom of his boots. A gleaming sword hung by his side, which was the only thing the Boy had that was untouched. "Viridi" was engraved into the handle, which of course was also green. Even though the Boy looked to be no older than either of them, a permanent scowl was etched into his face, even when he slept.
After many unsuccessful attempts to wake him up, Love asked a very good question. "So, what should we do next?"
"Well I can't look after him." Josh shrugged. "I have to clean up this place, and my parents are going to be home tomorrow morning. I also don't want to explain why there would be a strange boy in my room. Can he stay with you, since your mom's gone?"
Love nodded. "I guess I could make something up when she gets back. He could even take Drake's old room."
Josh looked down at the Boy and sighed. "I better get him a change of clothes. I probably have some old ones that should fit him." After they got him into his normal clothes, Love drove him back to her place, and hauled him into Drake's bed. Then all there was to do was wait.

AnInklingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think that your plot seems very interesting (as I have just finished the first chapter), but it would be nice to have more description take place between actions. Instead of telling us that Love "did know why she was at the party" or "she went to the roof", it would be nice to see some description of her walking and the setting around the place. Other than that, I would say that the story seems a little bit jumpy and rushed in the writing. But I think that plot could be ver... (more »)

Superhero_Fan said...
Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:22 am:
Hey, EJ! It was a good story. Um, to give constructive criticism, I thought the beginning was a little unrealistic. Why would Love be so quick to act? I mean, if you saw a seventeen year old from another planet land on your roof, what would you do? I also thought it wasn't realistic because Josh let him in so easily. I didn't get the impression that he was the kind of guy who let his girlfriend take home an alien boy. And why did Josh have super powers but Love didn't? How did he get... (more »)

None0 said...
Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:00 am:
I will give this novel the same suggestion I gave your other novel. However, there's another angle this novel needs work on, and that would be scene description. After reading through some of the chapters, I only found that the characters' thoughts were well conveyed. The scenes themselves were a bit sketchy, with only vague descriptions, and not much interaction.   I'd also comment on the content, but I'm getting a bit tired now. So I'll just say, good luck on your ... (more »)

applesauceHater said...
Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:35 am:
this story was so cute and quirky with awesome fight scenes! then the ending was sad:(great story though!!!

Labtopnerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:59 am :
Thanks! I was thinking about continuing the story from Typhoon's point of view. Sorry about the ending, but villains only rise from tragedy, so there had to be one.

applesauceHater replied...
Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:51 pm :
You should:3I would read it!!!