The Lost Generation

Author's note: I've always loved history and thought of it as just one amazing (albeit long) story. WW1 has...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I've always loved history and thought of it as just one amazing (albeit long) story. WW1 has always been an era that interested me so I hope this just shows you how much I really enjoyed learning about it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Next »

20th September 1914:

If I was expecting anger and shouting. I didn’t get it. No, all I got was this irritating silence. Ever since Johnny broke down and told mother all about us going to war, stupid Momma’s boy. Johnny’s started crying himself to sleep again; he hasn’t done that in years. Mother blames me for everything, of course. But as far as I recall, it was Johnny who dragged me out of bed and to the recruitment office that day, not I. (Not that I objected, but that’s beside the point.) Mother can’t even look me in the eye, even when I try to explain, to talk to her; she just stares at me like I’m a stranger. Even Rosie finds it hard to talk to me. You would think they could at least try. We are leaving tomorrow after all.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Vagabond said...
Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:20 am:
Good Job! Keep writing!! :)