To War Through Time (Chapters 1-3)

Author's note: No thank you.
Author's note: No thank you.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Cam's P.O.V.

“It doesn’t look bad, come on already we’re going to be late!” I told my friend Samantha for the 20th time. We had been getting ready for the costume contest for the last hour; well Samantha has been getting ready for the last hour-it took me 5 minutes to get my costume ready. I was going as a person from the military during WW1 (With the addition of my navy blue messenger bag that contains my spare change of clothes for afterwards if I need to change.); Samantha was going as a VERY sparkly genie- Seriously?!How much glitter make-up does she own?!?!?!?!
By the time Sammy- that’s Samantha’s nickname- got all prepped and ready to FINALLY walk out the door we were 30 minutes late.
“Are you happy now? We’re late!” I agitatedly asked Sammy.
“We’re not late, we’re fashionably late.” She said with a smile, heading towards the door.
“What’s the difference?” I asked, rolling my eyes.
She ignored my question and opened the door…. Outside the sky was thunderous and torrential. The rain came down so hard it seemed as if it was just a screen of water. There was NO WAY we were getting to that party on our bikes without our costumes getting destroyed.
“Nooooooooooooooooooo-” Sammy screamed, but I cut her off. I just had an idea!
“I HAVE AN IDEA.” I said with a gloating smile.
“Really, What is it?!?” Sammy screamed excitedly, grabbing me by the front of the shirt, shaking me rapidly, like she could shake it out of me somehow.
“Okay. One, let go of the front of my dress and stop shaking me before you snap my neck. And two and you probably won’t like it.” I said, heading to my room.
“What is it?” Sammy asked looking hesitant.
I quickly pulled Sammy be the hand to my room, and pulled open my closet door.
“What could we POSSIBLY use that’s in your closet?” Sammy whined.
I reached deep into my closet to the back of it where I keep all the clothes I NEVER wear. I found what I had been looking for and pulled them off their hangers.
“What are those?” Sammy said, with a look of EXTREME distain.
“What, never seen a cloak before?” I asked with a laugh, putting on mine. It was a tightly woven material that was the darkest shade of black, with a hood; the material was tightly woven for it could be used in heavy rain. The other one was exactly the same but it was a deep shade of red.
“How are we going to ride our bikes in these?” she asked me, looking at her in the floor-length mirror on the opposite side of my room.
“Just like any one wearing a skirt rides a bike” I said.
“Standing up?” she guessed. I shook my head, confirming her guess. She groaned.
“You want to go to this party don’t you?” I said, refusing to let her just give up now. I mean seriously, if you make your friend wait for an hour, you don’t just stay at home because of a little rain! - Well, it was more than a little rain, but you don’t do that! Reluctantly she got up off my bed, not without a snide comment, “If I get pneumonia because of this MONSOON it’s your fault.”
I looked at her shaking my head, “If you get pneumonia, I probably will to, since you’re not the only one going out in this rain.”
She stopped and thought about for a second then said, “True.”, before walking out of the room.
“Noooo!” I screamed, barely heard over the roaring of the rain, kicking my bike in frustration, “Oww! Ow! Ow! Ow!” Jumping up and down on one foot, clutching the other one in pain, “That was a really stupid thing to do, really stupid thing to do!”
“Yah think?” Sammy said, with a look that was practically screaming, WELL NO DUR, “What’s wrong?”
“My stupid chain broke!!!” I shouted in frustration.
“Be quiet” I said, examining the damage I did to my bike (which was none, luckily.), “At least I didn’t do any more damage.” I muttered, thinking it couldn’t get worse.
“What are we going to do now?” Sammy asked, with a depressed look already taking over her glitter covered face.
“Hey! Get that depressed look off your face! We aren’t going to give up now!” I said, starting to get annoyed by the fact she kept on giving up so easily, when going gets tough. And it wasn’t even that tough!
“Well how in the world are we going to get to the contest now?” she said, throwing her hands in the air I despair.
I shot up to my feet unsteadily and said determined now, “We are going to walk.” And started to walk, trying not to let her see me limp.
“WALK?!?” Sammy exclaimed, her eyebrows looking as if they were trying to escape off her head because they were up there so high.
“Our legs aren’t broken, might as well use them.” I said, already walking down the driveway. Then I mumbled under my breath, “Well, at least your legs aren’t broken, not so sure about mine on the other hand.”
“What?” I heard Sammy call as she started after me.
“Nothing, let’s go already before your glitter washes off in the rain.” I said, changing the subject.
“Okay, come on let’s go!” Sammy said, with a new excitement in her voice, and raced off. With a sigh I quickly hobbled after my insane friend.
Later on my foot stopped hurting, but the rain began to fall down even harder. As we dashed down the sidewalk I looked over at Sammy, she didn’t look as if she was faring well; her face had turn to a pale complexion, which made the glitter shine even brighter before. But she still ran alongside me, with a 100wat smile on her face.
“Are you okay? You aren’t looking to good.” I asked her, she just nodded her head. But I decided to keep a close eye on her, just in case. After another 15 minutes of just running, the wind suddenly began to pick up. It blew in the opposite direction of that we were running, it blew so hard that it made it nearly impossible to make any progress on our journey.
“THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!” I heard Sammy shout from beside me. Man, can she be negative or what?!?
“Hey, remember, positive things happen to those who think positive thoughts. So stop being negative already!!!” I shouted as I pushed forward, bracing myself against the icy wind that tried to tear at our faces.
“Whatever! Let’s just get there already!” Sammy screamed, trying to be heard over the screeching of the wind.
30 minutes later, only maybe 10 yards ahead of us, a light appeared.
We stopped to try and figure out what in the world it was.
“What is that?!?” Sammy shouted over the roaring of the wind.
At first I couldn’t tell what it was, but as it drew closer I could make out the outline of a car. What was it doing on the sidewalk?!?!?!
“I think it’s a truck.” I said, shielding my eyes from the wind and rain as I tried to see what it was.
“If it’s a truck, then WHY is it on the sidewalk!?!”She screamed as it barreled down the sidewalk toward us.
“Don’t ask me! I’m not the one driving it!” I shouted. I realized the driver showed no intentions of stopping; they were going to plow right over us!
“Look out!” I shouted to Sammy as pushed out of the way of the car, on to the grassy area beside the sidewalk, out of the truck’s path as it hurtled toward us.

I was engulfed in the blinding light of the truck’s head light, and then everything went black.
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

River_Song said...
Good Job!!

Boota replied...
Thanks! So do u think i should keep writing it?

Tardis Blue said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:36 am
It looks good. READ!!!!!!

Boota replied...
Thanks... i think ( i can't see all of what you said, it got cut in half.)