Pirate's Kiss

Author's note: This piece was inspired really weirdly. I was drinking red bull then watching the duchess and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This piece was inspired really weirdly. I was drinking red bull then watching the duchess and then Pirates of The Caribbean. Then I fell asleep.
That has to be the freakiest dream in the world. God that was odd.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Play Sweet and Smile

Chapter One
Tedium. The state of being/feeling tedious. It was a nagging feeling. A consuming feeling, it swallows you. It swallowed me and I wallowed in my boredom and sorrow. I lazed against the railing of the balcony, my head sloppily resting on my hand.
The streets below me littered with screams and shouts of anguish, canons exploded through the night sky. I held a twinge of sympathy for the damaged, the broken. Those whose pleads filled the cold breeze fluttering through the dark
I will dedicate this one to ... Me!! No only joking this is for Maverick my little brother for inspiring characters.
skies. But that was it. Nothing more, just a tiny bit sorry. It happened too many times. It happened too many times and I didn’t know enough about it to care.
I straightened up, my arched back levelled and my gaze lifted. I pressed my hands to the cold banister and swung my legs over so they dangled freely over the side. It was so freeing, to have the wind whip by me. To not be surrounded by a railing, but to reach over it.
“Little miss attention seeker.” Nathaniel called from below me. His blond hair lashing across his pale green eyes due to the wind. His prominent cheek bones were masked by the night and he was dressed in military uniform.
I jumped.
The wind billowed and grazed my pale skin. My diamond eyes watered and my lips curved into a small, relieved smile. I closed my eyes, and the ground rushed up to meet me. I fell to the paved courtyard below, surrounded by the barracks of rushing soldiers and the grand mansion belonging to my father, a general.
It’s great to live on the first floor.
“Naddy!” I squealed unusually high, my bare feet tip toeing across the courtyard. I swung my arms around his shoulders and wrapped myself around him, being lifted off the ground.
I heard a few sniggers from the soldiers behind him, but ignored them. It was Williamson, Percy and Jenison.
He muttered into my ear, his deep voice was barely audible underneath the constant clashing of the city raging war. “Don’t call me that, it’s bad for my image.” Gradually his grip on me loosened and I slid back onto the floor.
“What image?” I punched him on the arm playfully, a large grin spread across my face.
“My bad boy image.” He whispered hoarsely.
“What image exactly!” I laughed and he punched me back. Nathaniel smiled and he fully let me go his arms retreating back to his sides.
“Nathaniel Roberts back to your post now!” Corporal Parkinson boomed from the other side of the courtyard.
“I was just checking on Milady Mercy, sir.” He turned round and saluted.
“You’re lying.” Jenison called behind his shoulder, somewhat dryly.
Parkinson turned round to face the – interruption. “Why would you say that Jenison?”
“His lips are moving.”
They responded with fits of laughter, the courtyards eerie silence had at last acquired some noise, and some entertainment.
I netted my hand in Nathaniel’s and put on my best show. “I was wondering if you could let Nathaniel stay with me tonight, all this fighting is awfully terrifying.”
He thought about it. For a split second. “Sorry, Mercy but we need him tonight.”
I was not going to let Naddy miss my birthday. No way in hell. I turned round. “Father! Fa…”
“You know what? Keep him. We don’t want him.” The corporal took the other three soldiers and marched off, well ran off.
“Thanks Mercy.” He smiled.
“You will celebrate my birthday!” I announced and pulled him with me. We clambered over my ‘balcony’.

****
Dear Evangeline Cobalt,
I have found her. At last, it took two long years but I have found her. She is different, much more so than I imagined.
But that is another matter, one that is of no importance in the present moment. You will know when you see her.
She does incredibly resemble you. I have sent Obsidian to find her, she will be ours within minutes.
Cain Mordecai,
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

This book has 47 comments. Post your own now!

Gr8man said...
Apr. 14 at 6:47 am
Personally, I like the unsigned letter footnotes. They make a great little suspense piece. Don't stop writing! :)

Candice J. said...
I just started reading, but I love this so far! You're a great writer :)

MadMinion said...
You're both very important people! (according to this site) How fancy!

FULLSTOP replied...
Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:56 am
we just chatted to each other with comments. it works, try it!

Renegade9891 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:47 am
Dude, all of a sudden it's gone up to 725 ratings. OMG!!!!!!!!!

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 4:32 am
I'VE GOT THE ANSWER!!! OKAY, WHEN ANYONE RATES IT, IT LIKE ADDS TEN VOTES OR SOMETHING INSTEAD OF JUST ONE!!!!

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:42 am
Oy, I'm sure I'm just doing really well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahahahahhahah. *cough* *cough* *sniffle* *burst into uncontrollable tears*

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:44 am
mwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:47 am
930 ratings... Yay, that means I've recieved 60 five star ratings in two minutes. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! get in. I love you voters. No really, cheers people. Very happy writer here. 

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:51 am
990 ratings!!!!!!!!!!! All five stars...

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:30 am
GLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

FULLSTOP said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:40 am
doo doo da doo doo (manamana)

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:42 am
Not this again Charlotte!! :)

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:43 am
Wearing thin on tunes Charlotte. Hmmm?

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:58 am
nope i'm just annoying you

Renegade9891 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:39 am
Heya Charlotte. It's a little over a day and I've recieved over 500 votes!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much!!!!

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:41 am
lou lou, it might just be a glitch.......

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:44 am

Oyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Meany!!!!
I was happy, you are sending me spiralling into the depth of deppression.

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:46 am
I have six hundred five star ratings!!!!  And it is not a glitch Charlotte Lancaster. So Humph. :p

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:39 am

and hardly any wiews........

G.L.I.T.C.H