In The Company of Death

Author's note: An experiment into writing war horror, I first came up with the idea shortly after watching "Good...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: An experiment into writing war horror, I first came up with the idea shortly after watching "Good Morning Vietnam" on HBO. It was initially a Creative Writing assignment, but grew into a story I'm proud of.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

Finality

March 4th, 1980 Lower East Side, New York City 1:29 A.M. I can’t take it anymore. The constant flashbacks, I’ve been recording them for the past 3 days. My time in Dachau, the horrors on Highway 19, and the last place for me to feel useful, all gone. All forgotten, but the pain lingers in memories. I hated them, the Waffen SS, the Viet Cong…I hated how they tortured me, all the time, even when the past is gone. I heard Darkin’s voice in my head, Rindells too (HIS F*ING BRAIN.) I heard the screams of my mother as she burned in a fire pit. The glare of Rindell’s dead eyes, staring into mine. I have shared my story, and sent it to one of my old squadmates. He’ll know what to do with it, won’t you? I hope so. But now, its time for a rest. I will be set free, Hell no longer has a grip on me. I float freely.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Tyler c said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:54 am:
Great book it seems so good best book ever. I thought it was good because how the charachter was so brave in the book.