Temptation

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Absolutely Out of Control

Oh. My. Gosh. What’ve I done?! Caroline gaped in horror at the bloody, tangled mat of hair. At the petite girl slumped against the cabinet, her head lolling unconsciously to one side.
It all happened so fast. Before she knew what was happening, Caroline was pulling harshly onto a fistful of hair and shoving it towards the mirror with all the strength and force she conjured from her uncontrollable vehemence. The glass cracked, splitting into an array of cobwebs that permeated outward. Adrenaline rushed through her as Caroline continued banging the girl’s head into the shattered glass. Smash. Smash. Smash. Over and over and over again. She gained momentum, thrusting her hand forward more rapidly and forcefully, blemishing the girl’s head with blood and minute glass bits. Gasping for breath, Caroline finally cried out, releasing the hair from her desperate grip. She covered her face with her blood-stained hands, sobbing relentlessly, her shoulders shaking violently. Caroline slid to the floor, gathering her knees up to her chest. She rocked back and forth silently, numbness overwhelming her mind and body. Dried-up tears clung to her cheeks.
After several minutes, reality sunk in. I’m in a deep pile of sh*t. What am I going to do? She glanced at the insentient girl lying next to her. Guiltily, Caroline dug into her leather purse, grabbed her cell phone, and dialed 9-1-1.