Temptation | Teen Ink

Temptation

By audreynikoletto GOLD, henderson, Nevada
audreynikoletto GOLD, Henderson, Nevada

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." -Anonymous

Summary:

The plot covers part of the childhood trauma Caroline experienced. It switches from her young, childhood memories to her recent teen years. As events unfold, the readers will understand how these memories connect with today's happenings. They discover who Caroline is as an individual, an individual that recognizes her weaknesses. As Caroline's vehemence builds, she finally snaps, no longer able to control her emotions. Instead of thinking clearly, the strength of her repressed feelings overwhelms her, initiating chaos.

audreynikoletto

Temptation

WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Wow that was depressing

I thought it would have like a good message and end happily to encourage people but nope

SheressofPower, Arverne, New York

Progress, not perfection

I think that your story was great. I recently read stories about the harm a media centered around a specific type of beauty decreases the self confidence of others. I've also started to read about body shaming and I feel as if this story is really relevant to that. You did a great job! I sympathized with Caroline every step of the way, her highs and her lows. She's a very realistic and flawed character.