What's so wrong about being equal?

Author's note: The thing that inspired me to write this was actually being discrimanted myself but I knew I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

The thing that inspired me to write this was actually being discrimanted myself but I knew I had to just go foward because I knew that basically there acts couldnt stop me from being me and I am proud about my background I wouldn't change a thing about because it makes me who I am today. 

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

What has our world came too?

Samantha and I just stared at each other like wow this is our world now and there is no escape. I then told Samantha “ What’s so wrong about being equal for once like being different is something beautiful speaking more than one language is beautiful I just don’t understand why people hate us we have done nothing wrong like yea some muslims aren’t treating the world right but we are disgusted by it they are turning people against us when all we want is to fit in!” “I agree with you and because of that I think it is time to tell our parents, we can’t keep being treated like this!”
I was ready to go home but I still had three hours left of being at school. Time was passing by so slow and during class I couldn’t focus because I kept thinking of how I was going to tell my mom, how do you tell you tell your parent that you are being discriminated especially when this has never happened to you.
The time came when the clock hit three- thirty all the students got up and left right away a spaced out for a moment the noise of students walking down the hallway and talking slowly faded away as I thought about the phrase “Speak English this is America!” and I also kept playing the scenario in my head of how I was going to tell my mom.  “Amal! Amal! Hello!!” said my friend Samantha as she waited for me by the door. “Is everything ok?” she asked “Yes i'm good don't worry.” I replied. But in reality I was freaking out but I couldn’t show Samantha how I felt or she would feel bad and she wouldn’t wants us telling our parents but right now that would be the best choice to pick.
As I got home my heart started beating faster each second it like if my heart was right next to ears of how fast it was beating.  As I was walking down the street arriving to my house I could smell the food my mom was making about three houses away.  As I walked into my house my dog Alya came up to me and I played with her while my mom added the finishing touches to the food, I was ready to dive into the food. “Amal food is ready.” said my mother.  As I walked to the table my heart started beating because I knew that right now was the right moment to tell my mom about what was going on, “Amal is everything ok?” asked my mom. “Mom I have to tell you something that is going on around school.” I replied. “What is it hun i’m listening?”