Camp Life (Civil War)

Author's note:

This piece shows that he takes many risks

Author's note:

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Camp Life From the Civil War

I just got to the Camp. Everyone is super quiet. We’ve been searching for a place for a while. We just found one, we are clearing the area. The coast seemed clear. We got off the bus and starting setting up our tents. It was pretty cold out but not winter. Winter would be coming soon. There had to be at least 6 people in one tent. It was hard to move around since our tents were pretty small. It could barely fit 4 people but we found out a way to get everyone in.
It was about night time and I was the first watch. So I and like 3 more people walked around each tent making sure everyone was ok. It seemed like everyone was good. I was so exhausted and I wanted to sleep. Everyone with me didn’t seem that tired. I looked around every minute. Everyone was quiet and I felt a little bit scared. They looked at me and I looked at them. I started to speak, “So how are you guys liking it so far?” They looked at me and one finally said, “It’s a bit scary, but atleast i'm helping them, what’s your name?” I said “Emanuel, how about you?” He said “John.” Another said “My name is David.” and the only other person that looked very shy said “Nick.” very quietly. Then all of us went silent. The next thing I know it's someone else’s shift to watch, so all of us walk to the same tent and we go to sleep.
Early the next morning we were woken up tent by tent. We all went straight to the fire and had some breakfast. Todays breakfast was some sort of grain. It didn’t taste very good but atleast it was food. We all ate and everyone was scattered around to keep an eye out. We were clear and so everyone ate peacefully. No disruptions. Once everyone finished we all had to go and work out. Push-ups, curl-ups and many more things. Then came lunch where we ate the same thing, this time I remembered what it was called. Rice. It tasted worse than last time. I wanted to spit it out but we had only a little before we had to go hunting so I decided to choke it down.
After more and more push-ups and curl-ups we had dinner and guess what we had. RICE. The same thing over and over again. No one talked ever. We all stared at each other. I wanted to talk so bad but what if there were intruders that could hear us. So I kept quiet waiting for the right time to talk again. I didn’t have duty tonight so I got to sleep all the way through the night which was pretty good. But it was rough.

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »