Behind the Barbed Wire~ The thoughts and feelings of a WW1 soldier

Author's note:

My inspirations are listed in the long summary.  I prefered to consolidate my three answers.

Author's note:

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Change The World III

12-27-1917
Dear Journal,

Well, Uh, this journal has transferred ownership I suppose, but before you jump to any conclusions, (not sure if a journal can do that but…) Victor is alright.  At least, for right now.  Victor directed me to the journal in the his coat pocket, he whispered in a frail voice to,”keep him alive.”  Unfortunately, he was shot in the gut, 5 days ago, and went unconscious during the attack.  I’m so glad to see the

Thank you for reading, I would love any feedback.

old sport awake again, but the guy is incredibly pessimistic, and doesn’t think he’ll live much longer.  We were taken away to to medical tent, a couple yards back, when the Germans had to restock on ammo, the nurses and doctors who carried us were unbelievably brave. I was very fortunate, I was pierced in the elbow by a single bullet, but my buddy Victor, was hit twice in the gut.  I don’t want him to die away and fade into the group of those forgotten soldiers.  He is a bright guy, and smarter than I will ever be, so why am I alive?  The roles should’a been reversed, from the moment I met ‘em, I knew, “this guy,” I thought,”Is gonna change the world.”  He had that look of intelligence, ya’ know?  Sorry my handwriting is quite rough, my right arm’’s in a cast, and that’s my writing hand/arm.  I don’t think too much, but the war has changed me.  When those bullets are flyin’ above your cranium, it gets you thinking about what’s really important in life.  So, I guess, I gotta say goodbye, Victor wants to see you right now, haha.  G’bye journal!

Sincerely, Simon

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

Halloimjane said...
Feb. 25, 2016 at 9:32 am
hmm. gloomy, but cool gloominess

Mayday paradefanatic said...
Feb. 25, 2016 at 9:30 am
Interesting

Bookdiva said...
Feb. 7, 2016 at 10:14 am
This is an incredible book. Reading this, I feel as if I have time-traveled to this place & time. Keep writing!!!