rosa parks and the bus boycott

Author's note: my insparation was my ela teacheer ms.aschliman
Author's note: my insparation was my ela teacheer ms.aschliman  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

rally starts

dear diary,
it is December 3, 1955. I can’t believe that martin had done that and all because of me that was kind and generous of him to do. No one rode the buses every white person seemed more happy which had meant they are getting more peaceful. All of our hard work is really starting to pay off I can't believe that it is all working I thought it would turn out to be a fail but it was not.

( 381 days later)
Finally I am free, Free to be who I want to be IT all worked we got what we wanted we all got our rights. I felt good for everything it was a small problem and turned out as a happy ending. When I went home my mother run up to me and was so happy to see me she was also proud of what I had done it was a big risk but I did it I took that risk I could have been in jail for a longer time but The “fight” was over we had won. The next day i went to the Dexter ave. church to talk to Martin Luther King JR. how much I appreciate what he had done to help me and how brave he was to take a risk that was similar to the risk I had taken. Martin Luther King JR. had told me “ if I were you I would have done the same. that seat did not belong to the whites it belonged to our kind.” I was so happy to hear him say that he really was an inspiration to me and I was an inspiration to him. We both had tried to solve another problem that had been happening like we should be able to go to the same schools as whites and live the way the whites live then we will all be treated as royalty We all wonder how that feels it looks as if they love the way they live. they can do anything they want and they will get in less trouble that we all do because of our skin color. After a while people had started to call me “ the mother of the civil rights movement.” Martin Luther king JR. was known as “ the father of the civil rights movement.” when this all happened he was only 26 years old I am 16 years older than Martin. Ever since the boycott happened I think that my life and everyone other than the white race had a little bit of a better life but even a little bit is a good change.