The Wall

By , Perkasie, PA
Author's note: This was based off of my social studies class i got the idea in english to write a fictional...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This was based off of my social studies class i got the idea in english to write a fictional story about the berlin wall.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Prologue

I’m sitting in a booth at the Diamond Diner drinking my morning coffee. When the bell sounds for someone entering or exiting, I look up it’s my wife, Cassie, she usually sleeps later than me. She sits next to me and then the waitress walks up with her breakfast. The bell sounds again, I look up this time it is a couple kids waking in with note pads.
“I wonder what they’re doing at 6 am in the morning. They only look like high scholars’.” I ask myself. The first kid walks up and asks
“Good morning sir, I would like to ask you a question.”
“Shoot kid” I reply.
“Would your name happen to be Kevin German?” The kid asks curiously.
“Why yes it is what is it you’re looking for?” I ask.
“My friends and I are doing a project for Germany and we are focusing on berlin wall. Our teacher found a list of people from Germany in that time period and your story sounded most interesting.” The kid responded. I gave a look over at my wife, her eyes told everything. I think the kid noticed it in her eyes as well.
“We can come back if you would like?” he hesitated to ask.
“No no it’s ok my wife just has flash backs and I think she will leave before we continue the story.” I said. Cassie stood up and walked out the door putting money over at the cash register.
“It all started when I was only seventeen years old in high school in East Germany.” I said.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »