New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

My New Friend

Author's note: I wrote this piece that first started off as just another school assignment but turned out to be...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote this piece that first started off as just another school assignment but turned out to be more. I hope for readers to find their own meanings behind the text while also trying to understand what I am trying to say.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

Facing the Light

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” –
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four, 1890

“Is that all?” the man from across the table asked.
“Yes,” replied the patient.
“Thank you for your time,” the man replied.
The man from across the table took the collection of notes and put them in a pile and turned off his tape recorder. He grabbed his suitcase, opened it up and put both things inside. He closed it up and got up to walk out of the room. The room was dark and had one light dangling from the ceiling. The room had concrete walls and floors with a single table in the middle and two chairs on both side on it. The man had on a nice business suit with a beige blazer and red tie. His facial hair was white and his hair was all messy like something out of a mad doctor movie. He also had growing wrinkles all over his face. The patient was in a strait jacket with a clean cut hair cut.
The man had reached the door and the guard opened the oversized institutionalized door. The man stopped just before he walked out and turned back and looked at the patient with a warm smile and said, “Excuse me if I asked this before but I can’t remember if you told me or not, did you ever see your friend again? You know Luc?”
The Patient looked at him with sad eyes and said nothing except for the word, “No.”
The man shook his head and said, “Thank you again.”
He turned and walked out the door into a long narrow hallway. The man kept walking through the hallway which was filled with cells for the mental patients. The lighting was just as bad as in the room and the walls were wet with dripping water. When someone came running up behind him shouting, “Hold up.”
The man stopped and looked back. “Ah, Dr. Crow.”
Dr. Crow finally caught up with him. Dr. Crow had short hair and small glasses and a grayish blazer on with a black tie. “Did you get everything you needed for your story?”
They started walking together again. “Yes I did Dr. Crow. Thank you for giving me access to your patient sir. I have always found schizophrenia interesting”
“Well actually, it developed into paranoid schizophrenia from the war. He had schizophrenia since he was a kid, but the horrors of war caused it to develop into paranoid schizophrenia. Luc was the solution to his problems,” Dr. Crow stopped, “Oh, do you have a title for your story?”
“Yes,” The man turned to him and said, “Yes I think I will call it, “My New Friend.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6