Am I Home?

Author's note: What inspired me for writing this piece by placing my inner thoughts, a place that I would be...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me for writing this piece by placing my inner thoughts, a place that I would be mostly afraid of to express and place  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

You run, Then I run.

It was night time and everyone was getting dismissed for bed, bathroom, shower, etc. I saw Emma from the corner of my eye lock her arms in Janessa’s’ as they walked back into the head quarter, I followed.
“Are we all set for the escape?” Emma asked
“Not quite yet, still waiting for my sister.” Janessa said
“Are we really going to make it out of here?
“I hope so; I have you and my sister. I just want to get out of here. Even if I only make it out myself, I’ll make sure I’ll think about you two everyday”
“Just make sure you get out of here safely, okay!”
“Okay!”

I looked at the clock placed on the wall, 11:15pm. I sat up from my mattress and tapped on Janessa.
“Let’s go.”
We quietly got up grabbed Janessa’s and my stuff, and limped towards Emma’s mattress. She wasn’t there.
“Do you think she left without us” Janessa asked.
“I don’t know, but let’s get going before we get caught.”
We limped towards the barn, and quietly opened the door towards the farm, and limped through the farm towards the Well of DiCaprio, gasping for air, we continued. Straight ahead were the road, and a sign that read “Hidden Forest” we walked and walked until we saw a lake, a beautiful blue lake, with the white moons reflection on it. I saw the boat near the lake.
As we reached the boat, we heard footsteps behind us crunching on leafs, we walked faster and faster till we heard the footstep run. We ran towards the river and saw a man and a young child next to him standing at the dock, the man had his head down, legs spread apart, and arms behind his back, and the child were standing beside the man with its arms crossed. Janessa and I were trapped. Two grown men wrapped their arms around us and laughed. The man slowly walked towards Janessa and me raising his right hand and taking off his hat, and stared at Janessa, and I. It was Mr. Stevenson and Emma.
“Thank you Princess, you saved me a lot of money.” Mr. Stevenson said.
“You’re welcome daddy.” Emma replied.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »