Am I Home?

Author's note: What inspired me for writing this piece by placing my inner thoughts, a place that I would be...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me for writing this piece by placing my inner thoughts, a place that I would be mostly afraid of to express and place  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Should I?

As I stood up from the mattress, I walked out towards the loom I am assigned to and sat at the stool. I forgot to wash out the stains; I hope Mr. Stevenson would not notice. I placed my hand onto the pole and pulled. I worked for an hour until it was time for breakfast, I released the pole from the loom and grabbed the blanket, fold it, and brought it with me to the farm where each and every child were, running around happily, and eating. I looked around for Janessa. No sight to be seen, I limped towards the house quarter, and there Janessa was, packing my clothes into a bag.
“What are you doing?” I asked while limping towards Janessa.
“Aren’t you leaving with us?” Janessa asked.
“Yes, but its morning. Why are you packing now?”
“So we don’t need to pack later on tonight. We’re leaving as soon as lights out.”
“Don’t you think that’s a bit too early?”
“If you don’t want to leave then that’s fine, you can stay here. I’m leaving this hell hole, with or without you.”
“Can we at least talk about this?”
“I already made up my decision, you’re either going or not, your choice. I know for a fact that I’m leaving.” Janessa said as she slid her bag of clothes near the dresser and limped out towards the barn. I don’t know what to do, should I go? I don’t want her to go alone. I don’t know!! I grabbed my bag and placed it next to Janessa’s with the blanket I made over the bags and limped out.
After breakfast, we had a 15 minute break to either, shower, play, work, or eat- like recess. I on the other hand was back at the loom working on another blanket a smaller version for Janessa.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »