Trail of Blood and Tears

Author's note: I was inspired to write this because of a project we had to do in history, a project of our...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this because of a project we had to do in history, a project of our choice. I decided to write this story and show my class that the Oregon Trail wasn't just a plain old trail, but a trail of hardship and sorrow. Also I thought I'd let people see how adding excitement to a historical fiction book can make it way more interesting.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8

Epilogue

The Oregon trail took place during the time period called Manifest Destiny. Many pioneers and gold seekers took this path to start a new life or claim their fortune. People would usually take ox instead of horses since oxen would eat just about anything. Covered wagons were also something people would commonly use to travel all the way across the West. Many died though from accidental gun shots, Cholera, starvation and bad sanitation. It may have been dangerous but many were willing to risk it. People would take these trails because the railway wasn’t finished yet. Most of the people that took this trail died tragic deaths, and were put through trials most people nowadays wouldn’t be able to do. It was an accomplishment for those who survived and were able to settle or head to California. The trail tested everyone that traveled along it, for the journey wasn’t easy. The Oregon Trail has many historic points people can go and visit, but no one will know what they went through back then unless they experienced it first hand.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

jennielikeduh said...
Omg this book is absolutely amazing. I was literally reading it with tears in my eyes. Great wording:) you so have the talent to become a famous author

FawnTLost replied...
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

FawnTLost said...
I would like to apologize for the misuse of some words such as your, and you're. I wanted to upload this and leave it as it was typed a while ago (such as a couple years). Again my apologies.