One Dark December

Author's note: This book for me was a joy to write as I got to know a special little girl named Stephanie and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This book for me was a joy to write as I got to know a special little girl named Stephanie and saw the world through her eyes. This book will help remind tween and teen readers alike about the sorrows and losses of life and how to deal with grief yet still be able to move on and never give up.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 Next »

Fighting With Friends

Tuesday, November 13th, 1917
Oh dear friend, I must tell you that I am quivering with anger. Today, just as school let out, Abby came running up to me. I thought she was going to walk me home, since Alexis, who usually walks with me, was sick. Well, Abby marched right up to me and said the coldest meanest words ANYONE has EVER said to me. She said, ‘Stephanie, I do not want to be your friend anymore.’ Then she ran away and joined a group of girls from our class. Well, I just stood there until Susannah shook me out of my trance. She, Charlie and Aaron were all staring at me. I shook my head and ran home. Now I am writing this to you, dear friend, because I am too angry to do anything else. You know what? I do not need Abby – I have Alexis! So there Abby, who needs you anyway! She didn’t even seem excited for me when I told her about the baby!
Wednesday, November 14th, 1917
I was reading over what I wrote yesterday, and dear friend, I am really sorry I just dumped all my troubles on you. It is a wonder you listen! But now that I think about it, it is my fault that Abby does not want to be my friend anymore. I have realized that since Abby has been busy with the baby, I have been hanging out with Alexis far more often and I have not been paying the least of my mind to Abby. Well, I have to say sorry! Mother asked if something was wrong, but I just told her I had a slight headache and excused myself upstairs.

Thursday, November 15th, 1917
Sorry I did not write much yesterday. It is just that I do not feel like anything really matters anymore. I hurt all over and I yearn for Abby. With Alexis still sick and Abby ignoring me, nothing feels right.

Friday, November 16th, 1917
I feel like I could just fly into the clouds! I did dear friend – I talked to Abby. I told her I was sorry for the way I acted and that it was my entire fault. I also told her I really do like Alexis but nobody could replace her; she is my best friend after all! I also asked her if she was willing could we be friends again. She just broke into a huge smile and hugged me tight! I asked her how the baby was doing and she said quite swell. I also reminded her about Mother being pregnant and I can tell you that girl was almost as excited as I was this time around! I guess she forgot that I had even told her! We walked down to the creek together after school and had a picnic. Also, we went over to Alexis’s house together and asked her mom how she was coming along. Her mom told us she would be back to school on Monday. It feels so good to have my best friend back!

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Born2BAWriter said...
Amazing piece of work! Good job! :D