New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Devil May Cry Backstory

Author's note: This was an assignment for my creative writing class. We were to take a popular video game series...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This was an assignment for my creative writing class. We were to take a popular video game series and add a new character with a new back story.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Kiss

(Vergil)
I was inches away from Sintheia when we got out of the strip joint. Dante rushed forward for some reason. I glanced Sintheia over to make sure she wasn’t hurt. Relief flooded through me when I was sure she was fine. The only thing that had changed was her eyes. They were black now. I didn’t know why. She seemed closer to me than before, maybe I pulled her closer, but I just had to close the gap.
When our lips met, I heard Dante snarl from in front of us. That’s when I heard a gunshot. I expected to feel pain in my back, but there was nothing, no one made a noise. The only heard I heard was Sintheia’s panting. Then I figured out why no one was talking, they saw Sintheia’s wings.
She protected me.
Anger filled me as I turned to glare at Dante, but all I was a bloody white. “Sintheia, please move the wings, I need to teach Dante a lesson.”
“No.” Her voice was firm. “He’s still shooting at us.”
“I must have really pissed him off this time.” I tried to laugh but I couldn’t from within the wing’s protection I saw one of the zombies we had foolishly left alive in the strip joint open the door and walk out. It snarled at us as it limbered forward. “Don’t look now, but here comes Mr. Rot Stink.”
Sintheia nodded and turned to look at the demon. She pulled her wings away from us and began to walk toward the demon. Since I was behind her, I could see her pull out a knife from behind her back.
“She’s going to slit its throat, huh?” Dante was still pissed at me but had turned civil after he saw Sintheia pull out her knife. “How long have you wanted to do that?” He glanced at me before drawing one of his handguns, “You’re lucky she’s a demon or you’d be a bloody mess on the cement.”
I shrugged at him. “We need to get these people out of here.” When Dante nodded, I turned to the throng of people standing watch, “She’s going to kill this one for you, no one is going near that joint, it’s infested. If you do, good-bye. If you don’t want to help us get rid of these buggers, I suggest you leave, now.”
Dante nodded and the people began to walk or run away. That’s when we heard some huge crash within the building. Sintheia turned away from the zombie to look at us in surprise. The zombie lunged at her trying to knock her over. She slashed the zombie. Before the creature had hit the ground, she had decapitated it.
“Ouch, that’s gotta hurt.” I grumbled under my breath drawing the twin blade Sintheia had given me.
As soon as I spoke more of those damned zombies walked out. I teleported myself forward with a growl. The zombies had no chance.
Sintheia lost hold of her knife when three zombies tackled her. Thank God, that she had another one strapped onto her thigh.
She growled and all I could see was blood. I didn’t know whose blood it was but it scared me.
When did you start caring?
One of the zombies that had tackled Sintheia was backing away from its companions. The other two zombies continued to attack her. Pure, hot hatred caused my vision to go red and I could feel myself change.
In a blink of my eye, Dante had thrown one of the zombies away from Sintheia. Or what was left of it.
Sintheia had eaten parts off the zombie’s face away when she had been fighting it. The third zombie’s now lifeless undead body rolled away from Sinetheia’s still form.
I walked over to her feeling my human body taking form again. Her eyes were closed and I couldn’t tell if she was breathing. My fingers touched her ice-cold skin. Before I could register what I had just done, her eyes slowly opened.
I gasped at what I saw.