Unique

Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood
Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

In the blink of an eye, the Hunger Games had officially begun. I sprinted toward the cornucopia. Big mistake. The blonde - Isobel - turned out to be both prettier and tougher than Regina - not to mention a heck of a lot faster. She reached the weapons before I could manage, and darted at me with an expertly sharpened dagger. I ducked underneath her arm, swift enough to evade her. She laughed and sliced my arm with no compassion. Fury raged through my merciless heart. Without a second thought, I bit
So I couldn't decide to send Rumbleroar or the Cowardly Lion to rescue her. I think I made the right choice.
her.
Hearing her dreadful shouting, I grabbed a bow and arrow before dashing into the Narnian horizon.
Running off, I considered the significance of my mistake. Despite my lack of blood, I was still technically a vampire. Isobel's screams echoed. My ears throbbed with pain. Certainly, I came here with the expectation to kill, to murder. But never in a million years would I ever wish to take a mortal life in this way. Who would do something this cruel? Turn someone into something they despised, to take their life, their identity, away from them?
That is exactly what Anthony did to me. That is exactly what I did to myself. That is exactly what I regret.
Except this time, I did it on national television.
How long would it be before they realized that I did much more than simply nip her?
"Peyton." A voice roared in the distance. My eyes widened with fear. Who knew my real name? If anyone knew my name, then my true identity would be revealed.
"Wh-who are you?" I stuttered. "Reveal yourself!"
"Very well." At that moment, a scruffy lion appeared before me.
I gasped in astonishment. "Aslan?"
"No," he rumbled. "I've been sent to take you to him."
"Why does Aslan want to see me?"
He roared, "Only he can tell you that. Now, you must ride on my back and I shall deliver you to your designated meeting place."
I obeyed, gripping on tightly to his desheveled mane.
"If you aren't Aslan, who are you?"
"Rumbleroar."

Rumbleroar left me in the middle of a meadow. For a brief moment, I stopped and brushed my palm against the soft grass. It was the most gorgeous place I had ever seen in my life, like a beautifully quilted green pillow, an avacado-hued cloud fit for a king.
Remembering my situation, I glanced up. Sure enough, Aslan was waiting for me under a willow tree.
He was even more majestic than I could ever imagine. His golden fur shined like diamonds in the sparkling sunlight. My eyes hurt when I attempted to look at him. He seemed almost too beautiful to look at. My eyes hurt at the very sight.
"Peyton," he bellowed gently. "Come."
"Aslan. I can't believe it's you."
"You made a mistake."
I grimaced. "Which one."
He chuckled. I believe you know what I am referring to."
It took only a slight hesitation for me to nod in comprehension. "Letting Anthony turn me into...into what he is."
"A vampire," he replied cooly.
I flinched at the word.
"You became someone you're not. Why did Regina's opinion mean so much to you?"
Tears streamed down my eyes. "I already was someone I wasn't. At least, I didn't feel like I could be myself."
"Then maybe," he suggested, "You could try harder to figure out who you are instead of letting others tell you."
His advice soothed me like sunshine on a cold day.
"You're right. I wish I could just take it all back."
"Maybe you can."
"What? Really?"
"It's very simple. All the damage will be erased; Regina and the North Shore students won't remember you, 'Proserpina Oak' will be removed from the reaping, and Isobel will be human once more."
It sounded too wonderful to be true. "What do I do?"
"Clack your heels together three times and repeat these words: I love who I am."
I clacked my heels and echoed his words. "I love who I am. I love who I am." The third time I really meant it.
"I love who I am."
With that, I disappeared into the beyond and watched Aslan as I drifted further and further into the past.

that_girl_with_the_pen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for the comments and advice everyone! I'm considering writing a similar story, but with a simpler approach. Would anyone be interested in reading about Peyton's days at Harry Potter and Camp Half-Blood? That's only two books combined, so it will be less complicated but the same epic feel.

dancemomspotter12 said...
its pretty good but i think that there r 22 many ideas....  

Yuri_Nakamura said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 12:51 am:
I like this, a lot. keep writing :)

UniqueDaisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 11:30 am :
Thank you so much!

AppleQueen said...
Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:18 pm:
ts good and all, but it's just way too much. I can see where you're going by mixing all those books. Just too much.

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm :

Yeah same. Way too many books. I cant keep track of them all, gosh. I like it better than the first book though. Remember my Twilight comments? Hehe. continue with only one or two more books, and you will be golden.

Yuri_Nakamura replied...
Sept. 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm :
that;s probably a good idea, but it's like the ultimate fanfic