Unique

Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood
Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Sneaking Out

You could say I was stupid, I suppose, or simply just desperate. Maybe a little bit of both. Either way, there was no way I was backing out of this. The Hunger Games seemed like my last shot at making a life for myself.
Being immortal did give me a slightly unfair advantage. After all, I had no life to lose. It all evens out in the end, though; at least they had a life worth fighting for in the first place.
I began strategizing right away. The first thought to enter my mind was District
Happy Hunger Games!
12. That’s where I needed to go. I would be guaranteed a spot, considering how few volunteers there are. Actually, I might be the very first. Competition would be scarce, if any, and I would have my place without having to fight for it.
Blending in wouldn’t be an issue. I could whip up a suitable disguise in minutes. The only issue was my parents. If normal teens think they have trouble sneaking out to go to a party or whatever, try sneaking away from Zeus to enter in a fight to the death on national television!
Whatever happens, I pray that the odds will be ever in my favor.

“Mom, I’m just going out on a walk.” I informed her casually, hoping not to attract her attention.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” she looked more worried than I expected her to be. “I hope yesterday didn’t upset you too much.”
Crap. She’s unknowingly making me feel guilty about this! I hugged her, knowing I would have to do way more to make up for it, in the event that I should ever return home. “Don’t worry. I won’t be gone long. There are some friends I’ll actually miss a little bit here...you know, Karen and Gretchen. Maybe even Regina. Plus, I have some things to settle with Anthony. I can’t just leave and not say goodbye.”
She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. “We don’t have a plan yet. Do you have an alibi?”
I gulped. If lies were the only way...I had to say it. “Lima. That’s what I want: a new beginning for me, a place where I can start over.”
Nothing I said in a million years could have made her happier. “It’s a new beginning for all of us. Peyton, I’m so proud of you. This was a though choice for you, and I love you so much.”
“I love you too,” I ran out before I had the chance to change my mind.

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

that_girl_with_the_pen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for the comments and advice everyone! I'm considering writing a similar story, but with a simpler approach. Would anyone be interested in reading about Peyton's days at Harry Potter and Camp Half-Blood? That's only two books combined, so it will be less complicated but the same epic feel.

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
This is also, really good and amazing. :) I think your idea is a great one. I hope you continue it. :) You realy have such a talent and gretness in you. Thank you so, so much for sharing this. :)

dancemomspotter12 said...
its pretty good but i think that there r 22 many ideas....  

Yuri_Nakamura said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 12:51 am
I like this, a lot. keep writing :)

UniqueDaisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 11:30 am
Thank you so much!

AppleQueen said...
ts good and all, but it's just way too much. I can see where you're going by mixing all those books. Just too much.

HarryPotterLover30 replied...

Yeah same. Way too many books. I cant keep track of them all, gosh. I like it better than the first book though. Remember my Twilight comments? Hehe. continue with only one or two more books, and you will be golden.

Yuri_Nakamura replied...
that;s probably a good idea, but it's like the ultimate fanfic