Unique

Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood
Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Sneaking Out

You could say I was stupid, I suppose, or simply just desperate. Maybe a little bit of both. Either way, there was no way I was backing out of this. The Hunger Games seemed like my last shot at making a life for myself.
Being immortal did give me a slightly unfair advantage. After all, I had no life to lose. It all evens out in the end, though; at least they had a life worth fighting for in the first place.
I began strategizing right away. The first thought to enter my mind was District
Happy Hunger Games!
12. That’s where I needed to go. I would be guaranteed a spot, considering how few volunteers there are. Actually, I might be the very first. Competition would be scarce, if any, and I would have my place without having to fight for it.
Blending in wouldn’t be an issue. I could whip up a suitable disguise in minutes. The only issue was my parents. If normal teens think they have trouble sneaking out to go to a party or whatever, try sneaking away from Zeus to enter in a fight to the death on national television!
Whatever happens, I pray that the odds will be ever in my favor.

“Mom, I’m just going out on a walk.” I informed her casually, hoping not to attract her attention.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” she looked more worried than I expected her to be. “I hope yesterday didn’t upset you too much.”
Crap. She’s unknowingly making me feel guilty about this! I hugged her, knowing I would have to do way more to make up for it, in the event that I should ever return home. “Don’t worry. I won’t be gone long. There are some friends I’ll actually miss a little bit here...you know, Karen and Gretchen. Maybe even Regina. Plus, I have some things to settle with Anthony. I can’t just leave and not say goodbye.”
She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. “We don’t have a plan yet. Do you have an alibi?”
I gulped. If lies were the only way...I had to say it. “Lima. That’s what I want: a new beginning for me, a place where I can start over.”
Nothing I said in a million years could have made her happier. “It’s a new beginning for all of us. Peyton, I’m so proud of you. This was a though choice for you, and I love you so much.”
“I love you too,” I ran out before I had the chance to change my mind.

that_girl_with_the_penThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for the comments and advice everyone! I'm considering writing a similar story, but with a simpler approach. Would anyone be interested in reading about Peyton's days at Harry Potter and Camp Half-Blood? That's only two books combined, so it will be less complicated but the same epic feel.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 2 at 3:28 pm :
This is also, really good and amazing. :) I think your idea is a great one. I hope you continue it. :) You realy have such a talent and gretness in you. Thank you so, so much for sharing this. :)

dancemomspotter12 said...
its pretty good but i think that there r 22 many ideas....  

Yuri_Nakamura said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 12:51 am:
I like this, a lot. keep writing :)

UniqueDaisyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 11:30 am :
Thank you so much!

AppleQueen said...
Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:18 pm:
ts good and all, but it's just way too much. I can see where you're going by mixing all those books. Just too much.

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm :

Yeah same. Way too many books. I cant keep track of them all, gosh. I like it better than the first book though. Remember my Twilight comments? Hehe. continue with only one or two more books, and you will be golden.

Yuri_Nakamura replied...
Sept. 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm :
that;s probably a good idea, but it's like the ultimate fanfic