Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood
Author's note: Sequel to Pure Half-Blood  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Starting Over

Starting over seemed nice: a happy, fresh start. I could move to a new town, a new school and make new friends. Anthony, the Plastics, and my transformation will be left at North Shore and I would never have to think about it again - ever. I could just be myself and be totally, one hundred percent normal. Everything would be absolutely perfect.
I wish.
I case you haven’t heard of me, my name is Peyton of Olympus. My father is Zeus, king of the Greek gods. My mother is a potions professor
Please read the first book before reading this!
at Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry. I spent fourteen tedious years juggling an impossibly insane double life. Once I entered my freshman year at age fifteen, I finally abandoned my childhood at Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood to attend a real, normal high school. I was euphoric at first, until I realized that North Shore High School was my personal hell on earth. Just last week at my very first school dance, my boyfriend Anthony, a vampire, bit me, permanently changing me into a beautiful, lethal, bloodthirsty creature. Typical teenage girl, right?
It sounds crazy, I know. I complain at no end, but it’s mostly not that bad; for someone with such a hectic life, I function relatively decently. Unlike most vampires, I am not wildly out of control with a lust for human flesh. Sure, it’s tempting beyond words, but I have the gift of restraint due to my other powers. Plus, I get a winged horse as a pet and a magic wand. There are worse situation out there, right?
Still, I never will get that normal high school experience everyone else takes for granted.
Nobody had any idea what I was going through. Every day presented a new form of torment: bullying, school transfer, mean girls. If there was any type of deity out there (higher than my father, I mean), he just sat up there, an eye in the sky, thinking ‘How can I make Peyton miserable today? Heck, let’s just make her a vampire against her will! Now what’s next?’
Well, let me tell you something: I don’t want to know what’s next! I was done. The vampire thing draws the line. I was so done with this world in which I was forced to live in every day of my life, even my after-life.
Everyone always just assumed life is perfect for me. I was a drop-dead gorgeous (literally) popular girl with a breathtakingly handsome boyfriend (although technically he didn’t breath and I’m not even sure if we’re still together). I was insecure about everything that made me different from the rest of the world. Nobody understood and absolutely nobody emphasized. I could never fit in anywhere. I was too alienated and unusual.
For a half a second, I wondered if there was a slither of hope in the midst of my life. Maybe turning sixteen really could turn my life around, and life would be okay.
I look back on that half second and laugh at my own stupidity.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

that_girl_with_the_pen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for the comments and advice everyone! I'm considering writing a similar story, but with a simpler approach. Would anyone be interested in reading about Peyton's days at Harry Potter and Camp Half-Blood? That's only two books combined, so it will be less complicated but the same epic feel.
MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
This is also, really good and amazing. :) I think your idea is a great one. I hope you continue it. :) You realy have such a talent and gretness in you. Thank you so, so much for sharing this. :)
dancemomspotter12 said...
its pretty good but i think that there r 22 many ideas....  
Yuri_Nakamura said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 12:51 am
I like this, a lot. keep writing :)
UniqueDaisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 11:30 am
Thank you so much!
AppleQueen said...
ts good and all, but it's just way too much. I can see where you're going by mixing all those books. Just too much.
HarryPotterLover30 replied...

Yeah same. Way too many books. I cant keep track of them all, gosh. I like it better than the first book though. Remember my Twilight comments? Hehe. continue with only one or two more books, and you will be golden.

Yuri_Nakamura replied...
that;s probably a good idea, but it's like the ultimate fanfic