Hunger Wars - The Legend of KILL

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

"I don't want to die!"

“Know you can’t!” Less father cried as the tribute hunters started to drag Less out of the shop “not my little girl, you can’t take her for Hunger wars!”, “every person must do their part!” one of the masked tribute hunters said with an odd sounding voice “just think of letting her go as what you can do to help district Eleven!” with that Less’s father started to weep. “don’t worry” the Masked hunter continued “you will be compensated for this loss, you will get as much as she weighs in coins!” with that he looked at Less and she knew that he was smiling behind that terrifying breathing mask, an evil smile she knew it was. “I would say she weighs about sixty or seventy pounds, enough for you too by something to eat and than sum!” the Hunter said as he took a small pouch from his belt and dropped it in front of Less’s father, the sound of coins clinking together coming from the bag as it landed on the ground. “enjoy!” was all the Tribute hunters last words as he motioned to the other tribute hunters to continue dragging less out of the shop. before she was dragged out, Less made sure she remembered this moment, what everything looked like and her father’s face, for she knew that this would be the last time. the last time she would ever stand in that store, the last time she would ever see her father. Less tryed to stop tears from rolling down her face but could not, the fear in her heart was too great. “I don’t want to die!” Less sobbed “oh god, please, I don’t want to die!”, “quiet Girl!” One of the tribute Hunters said sharply “and you're not going to die, not if we have anything to say about it. no, your gonna be our savior, our hope in the darkness, our enemies Achilles heel!” Less continued sobbing after the Hunter was done speaking, his words bringing her no comfort.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

im_awesomeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 3:59 pm:
this is awesome. i love it!!!