Hunger Wars - The Legend of KILL

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

The wrong kind of Customers

Less stopped as a couple horses passed in front of her, there riders cloaked men. the main city of district eleven was very big, but very old and filled with poor people. you could not go one block before seeing five homeless people, or people on that brink. Less’s family was on that brink, they owned a small one bedroom house but that would soon need to go, if District eleven did not when this next hunger wars battle. every time a district losses, a tax is taken out on the people. district eleven has lost so many battles, that no one has anything to give anymore, this next tax will wipe everyone out. Less gave a sigh at having to think about how bad of times these were a turned a corner, towards where her destination lies. on that very corner, was Less’s families shop. her parents were bakers, very good ones in truth, but lately they have had almost nothing to sell, because there is no one with the money to buy things. Less stepped into the shop, the smell of stale bread filling up her nose. “daddy!” Less called out, and was answered by a loud thump against the back wall. “uh, my freaking toe.” a very deep man voice said, a moment later Less’s father stepped out of the back room. “Less!” Her father said as he rubbed his foot “you scared me half to death, you made me stub my toe.”, “it’s funny how business is so bad now that a customer coming in is so rare to us, that it would surprise or scare you.” Less’s father shrugged to that. Less's father was a tall man, with blond hair, blue eyes, a long nose and a skinny body. Less remembered her mother telling her stories of when father had a mustache, she found that strange with the clean shaven face he now had.“did you get anything while you were scavenging?” Less’s father asked, “some blueberries!” Less replied. “blueberries!” Less’s father said in surprise “what a good pie those would make, or even a filling. but sadly, we probably won't be making anything with them, no money to buy ingredients.” Less let a frown show with that. her father really loved baking, it was sad that he did not get to do it. “so where is mother?” Less asked as she put the bag of blueberries on the counter, “she is out begging for food and money“ Less’s father said “I would have joined her but i just could not bring myself to do it today, to......” before he could finish his sentence, the door to the shop opened. Less turned around to see if it was a customer, but sadly it was the wrong kind of customers, it was a squad of Tribute hunters.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

im_awesomeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 3:59 pm
this is awesome. i love it!!!