You Look Familiar

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

My Wild Flying Rose

Artemis was composing an essay on an LEP website when a crash and a thud came from the front room. Thinking Holly might have dropped in, he ran to the front room. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw what was there. There was a boy and a girl with mechanical wings attached to their backs. The girl, her eyes blazing, turned to her companion. “Jack, didn’t I tell you racing would be a bad idea? Now Dad is going to have to pay for the damages.And anyways, you should have listened to me! I’m older.”

“You’re older by 2 minutes. And Dad can afford to pay for it, Rose! Don’t freak out.”

“I AM NOT FREAKING OUT! I AM PERFECTLY CALM! ”

“Excuse me,” Artemis interrupted. The twins turned to him. It seemed strange that they were twins, but looked nothing alike. Rose had raven hair that was long and wavy and flashing hazel eyes. Jack had red hair that stuck up in every direction and brilliant blue eyes. They were both slender and very short. “You look familiar.” Artemis continued. “Do I know your father?” Rose, who apparently was the more impulsive one, answered. “I should hope you do! Dad, this imbecile almost broke my wings!” Artemis blinked. Did she just call him….Dad?