This Can't Be Happening

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Snape's View Of Life

Snape

‘Great! Just perfect! Another lousy year teaching sniveling little brats at the god forsaken excuse for a castle!’ I thought as I got out of bed to go to the kitchen. I went to the counter and grabbed the hot cup of freshly made coffee that the house elves so kindly made. I took the hot cup of Joe, as muggle’s like to call it. I walked back to the living room and sat down at the giant winged back siting chair, in front of the fireplace. Once I sat down I took a sip of my coffee, it tasted differently than my regular. Almost sweeter in a way, thats when it hit me Lily used to make my coffee like this. Sweet for the sweet she used to say.
Not that I was a real sweet heart but she used to see the best in people especially in me. But then again when I was with her I was always at my happiest. Then I had to leave her pregnant with my little baby girl, my little Sophia… I thought about how big she would be considering she would be old enough to be in her first year at Hogwarts. Thinking about how she would right now… would she look like me at all or would she look like her mother Lilly? I sighed praying to merlin about how I would kill just to get to see my daughter just once before I die, and let her know I had to leave to protect her and her mother. Dobby the Hogwarts main house-elf tugged on my robe, and pulled me out of my reverie. He reminded me of my duties as a head of house. I sighed remembering all the times I had with Lilly. I waved my wand and muttered the cleaning spell and went to grab a clean robe.
As I stepped into my class room that seemed a bit more drafty this year. He would have fixed it but he knew how most first years would react to the instant cold. I smiled at the thought, I am a teacher, not a student. I’m not here to befriend anyone but myself. Sure my Slytherins will be happy at my mercy on them but if any of them cross me they will regret it. Again I smiled at the thought. No one will be able to cross me and not be able to get away with it. As I walked to my desk and opened the drawer and pulled out the required parchment and ink wells and quills. But I stopped when I saw the familiar pure white corner of photo paper and thought about my little Sophia… I reached into the drawer and pulled out the photo and looked at the little girl. She was a new born baby, with a full head black hair. But her eyes were closed and the photo was taken with a muggle camera. That was so like Lilly, always keeping some things muggle… she had creamy white skin and was wrapped in a blue blanket. Snuggled deep in Lilly’s arms….
I sighed wishing to know where in the world my beautiful daughter was, and what color her eyes would be. Would they be a grassy green like her mothers? Or would they be obsidian black like mine? I sighed now was not the time for this… I had to get the classroom ready for the twenty or thirty students that were to come in less than three hours. So I had to concentrate. I grabbed the supplies that I needed and put the picture back in its place at the bottom of my drawer. I started to walk around the room placing the needed supplies on the tables. When that was finally finished I thought about what I was going to challenge my first years with on their first day of school…. Which now that I’m thinking about it is….. Tomorrow. Merlin how I hate this!!!!!! I finished setting up the tables and wrote the lesson on the board. Then once that was done I went up to Great Hall and took my seat knowing that we had just a few minutes before the kids got here to Great Hall. I had a few moments to my self to ponder a little bit more about my long lost daughter, then a hand gently touched my shoulder and brought me back to the real world. I looked up and saw Minerva looking down at me with a soft smile on her lips.
“You alright Severus?” she asked purely concerned.
“Yes Minerva I am fine. Thank for your concern, but it is not needed here.” I said with a scowl. That witch really needs to mind her own filthy business. She frowned and turned swiftly around to get the Sorting hat and the first years. All the other years started to wander to their own tables and started to talk and chatter amongst themselves. Once the first years started to file in I made sure my familiar scowl was on and made a mask out of my face. Some first years tried to sneak some glances at me and the other teachers. Though when their eyes got to me I sneered at them. It always made me feel better knowing that they would dread coming to my class. Minerva had finally found that dreadful hat and that century old stool.
And the stupid ceremony began, and Minerva started to call out names… Abbot, Hannah!….Griffindor!.. Ugh! Stupid griffindors! Oh how I hate sorting ceremonies! They are so boring! Oh well at least this gives me time to think about my baby Sophia…. Evans, Sophia!…. Well thats interesting Evans was Lily’s last name… Slytherin!!!….. Hmm… thats interesting… I will defiantly have to an eye on her. Very interesting indeed… and then finally the ceremony ended…. Minerva had all the first years line up in front of the head of houses. So I had to lead them all to the Slytherin common room. Once we got to the common room I announced the password to all the first and any stragglers that were in any higher years… “The pass word this year is ‘the house cup is ours.’” and with that said and done I left with out another word. I went straight to my room but not before turning to look back once at the last of the Slytherins. There was only a few, but among them was Draco, Pansy, and the Evans girl…
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this idea. But one thing......If Sophia is in the same year as Harry, wouldn't that make them twins? They would have to be born within three months of each other....

Cow2399 said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:48 am:
I thought it was very good , but i diddnt know olivander had to measure you to get your wand. ?

IMme2 said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 am:
pretty please with a cherry on top! write some comments, i need some feedback on my book! thanks