This Can't Be Happening

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

The Platform 9 3/4

When the cab got to the house. I packed all of my things inside the trunk and I got in the back seat and told the driver that I wanted to go to Kings Cross…
When I got to the train station I grabbed my bags and went to the barrier that divided 9 and ten. Looking around I couldn’t for the life of me see where platform 9 3/4 was. I looked around very, very confused. Then I saw a very peculiar family walk by, they all had silvery blonde hair. Two adults and one kid that looked around my age. The kid looked over at me and saw my confused look, smiled, said something to his parents and came over to me. “Hey, you look confused.” He said in an amused voice.
“Umm, yea I guess you can say that again, any ways do you know how to get to…” I trailed off wondering if I should risk talking of wizardly stuff to a muggle.

“Platform 9 3/4?..” He said flashing me a dazzling smile. I smiled back relived that I didn’t get embarrassed.
“Uh, yea I was kind of hoping that you were a wizard... So where is it? Do we have to like cast a spell or something?” I said excited by the idea of casting my first spell. The boy laughed.

“Ha! No, are you crazy?! You just have to walk through the wall.” He said smiling as if he knew something I didn’t.

“I’m crazy? You just told me I have to walk through a wall to get to the platform.” I said looking at him like he was an alien. He looked at me as if he was talking to the dumbest person on the earth.
“Wow, come on your going with me.” He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me and my stuff through the wall. I closed my eyes and gripped the boy’s hand tighter as we were passing through the wall. When we stopped he let go of my hand and said. “Hey you can open your eyes now.” By the sound of his voice he was somewhere to the side of me. When I finally got the courage to open my eyes I saw pointed witch hats and wizard robes everywhere. I looked around amazed that you really do have to walk through a wall to get to the platform…

“Wow don’t I feel stupid right now.” I said still looking around at everyone. But then something came to my mind… “Hey umm. I don’t know your name…” I said looking at his eyes noticing how grey they were, you could almost call them silver…
“Name’s Draco. Now how about you giving me your name and we will call it even.” He said sticking his hand out. “Sophia.” I said shaking his hand. “So when do we have to board the train?” I asked looking at the giant maroon train.
“Umm you can board now if you want but don’t you want to say good bye to your parents?” he said looking around for my parents.
“My parents didn’t come with me, they were… busy.” I lied.
“Oh, O.K then umm you want to sit with me on the train? Because if you do I just have to say good-bye to my parents real quick.” He said watching for my reaction. “Uh, sure why not? I said smiling at him and his parents behind him.

Draco turned around and said. “Good-bye father.” in a very formal way as if he was talking to a king or something. Then Draco turned to his mother. I was expecting to say good-bye to her like he did his father but I was wrong. “Bye mum. Be safe o.k?” he said as he gave his mother a hug. Then me and Draco picked up our belongings and headed to the Hogwarts express. He lead me to the door and down the hall to an empty compartment and helped me put our bags on the top shelf. When that was done we sat across from each other.
“How come you said good- bye to your father all formal like?” I asked him.
“Because he hans’t really raised me he just punishes me when I do something wrong. But my mum on the other hand, she has been there forever.”
“Oh, well then. You have……” I was cut off by a pig faced girl and two body guard looking guys they were all about me and Draco’s age.
“Draco! We’ve been looking all over for you! How have you been?” said the pig faced girl. Draco looked at me apologetically and said. “Hello Pansy, I’ve been good. Hey have you guys met Sophia before? She’s starting her first year of Hogwarts just like us.” He said gesturing to me.
“Umm, hi are you a pureblood?” Pansy asked me looking as if she smelt something bad. “Pansy!! How dare you be this rude!” Draco said.
“Uh, Draco its o.k. Ah, actually yes I am a pure blood not that its any of your business.” I smiled sweetly at her. “So your Pansy? And who are the guys in the back?” I said smiling slyly looking at Draco.
“Yes, I’m Pansy Parkinson, and these goons are Crabbe and Goyle.” she said gesturing the guys with her hand. Then she sat next to Draco, and scooted over to where their sides were touching and Pansy rested her head on Draco’s shoulder. All the while Draco looked really uncomfortable. He looked at me and mouthed ‘Help me!’, I smiled.
“Hey Pans, don’t you think you should let the guys sit together?” I asked her while patting the seat next to me.
“Did you just call me Pans?” she looked shocked. “Uh, yea? Is that a bad thing?” I asked confused. Her face lit up like a kid on christmas. “No! Not at all I actually have been trying to get a nickname, but never could find one that wasn’t stupid.”she said as she walked over to me and sat down next to me. She faced me and started to talked about how her family is soo rich and is real famous in the wizarding world. But I ended cutting her off to ask. “so do you guys know what house your gonna be sorted into?” I looked around at the people in the compartment.
“Yup, we all are going to be sorted into Slytherin. What about you?” Draco said.
“I truly have no idea, my birth mom was in Griffindor but my dad was in Slytherin. But my dad left my mom and me when I was still in her belly. And my adopted mom is an alcoholic but she is always saying I look and act just like my dad so maybe I’ll be in Slytherin.” I said truthfully. After I finished explaining the whole thing I looked up to see everyone staring at me. Thankfully there was a knock on the door and it snapped all of them out of their trance.
“Oh, that the signal for us to change into our school robes.” Pansy said. She and I went to the dressing rooms and switched into our school robes and went back to the compartment. When we got back to the compartment me and Pansy were the first ones back. So we sat down opposite of each other and waited for the others. When the train came to a stop we all grabbed our stuff an headed to the lake where all the first years were to gather before heading towards the main hall to Hogwarts. The boat ride up to Hogwarts was nice and quiet.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this idea. But one thing......If Sophia is in the same year as Harry, wouldn't that make them twins? They would have to be born within three months of each other....

Cow2399 said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:48 am
I thought it was very good , but i diddnt know olivander had to measure you to get your wand. ?

IMme2 said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 am
pretty please with a cherry on top! write some comments, i need some feedback on my book! thanks