Bleed | Teen Ink

Bleed

By CeeCee4120 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
CeeCee4120 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Things have a way of solving themselves. Just sit back and watch the show. :)

Author's note: Hope you like it! Make sure to comment. I want to improve my writing. This is my first novel.

The man ran after me through the woods and anger took over his actions. My feet pounded on the ground, crunching dried grass and wood chips. My lungs burned and fought to make use of the oxygen my nose and mouth provided. Thorns scratched my skin and branches swatted me as I made my way through the dense woods. I could feel him approaching and began to speed up, hoping to lose him. He only seemed to get closer by the minute. I desperately looked around for something to use as defense, but nothing seemed available. A whimper escaped my lips and regretted it instantly. I had to keep strong. Branches crunched nearby and made me start running once again. Feet moved swiftly behind me and I began to panic. Adrenaline pulsated through my body, boosting my strength. My legs moved faster and my lungs didn't burn as much. The man still ran after me, but soon enough I couldn't hear him behind me. My foot caught on a branch and I fell on my face. I squirmed around trying to free my leg, but it was no use. I turned around and a dark figure obscured my body. Suddenly, hot searing pain pierced my heart. I tried to scream but no sound would escape my mouth. Darkness began to fill my vision but I fought to catch a glimpse of my killer. He had dark short hair with a chiseled face. I looked into his eyes and registered their red glow. My eyelids dropped and I sunk into a pool of darkness...

I sat up and breathed air, trying to calm down. I looked around and sure enough, I was in my room with the morning glow peering through the windows. My wavy black hair was plastered to my skin and my body was covered with sweat. A shiver ran through me as I recalled the awful dream I just had.

Calm down, Selene. It was just a dream. It wasn't real. Nothing happened to you. You're fine. Everything is just perfect. Breathe... I soothed myself.

I took deep breaths and let them out, beginning to calm myself down. I tiny rustle startled me and I quickly looked around, trying to see what made the noise. My puppy Siberian Husky, Anubis, pounced on me and began to lick my hand. I let out a sigh of relief and began to scratch him behind the ears.

"You scared me, silly fur ball." I crooned.

He gave me a wolfy grin and began to wag his tail excitedly. I scratched him behind the ears once more and looked at the clock. 6:15. I jumped out of bed and Anubis went flying through the air. He fortunately landed on his feet and retreated off to his doggy bed, making sure to stay as far away from me as possible.

I didn't blame him. I was a grouch in the morning, especially when I was late.

I stripped down and quickly jumped in the shower. The warm water loosened my muscles and I rolled my neck, sighing contently. After I finished, I quickly wrapped a towel around me and walked into my closet. I picked out a pair of khaki pants and a blue Aeropostale long-sleeve shirt. I grabbed some panties and a bra and walked back to my bed. I dried my hair and body, and then threw on the outfit. I walked back to my bathroom and took out my blow drier and began to style my hair quickly. I ran a brush through my hair and let it fall into loose curls. I opened the drawer quickly and took out my mascara, applying some on my eyelashes. I checked the clock on the counter and was alarmed by the time. 6:56.

"Crap!" I cursed.

I ran back to my bedroom and quickly gathered my bag, keys, iPhone, iPod touch, and ran out the door. I bolted down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning, Swee--"

"Bye, Mom!" I interrupted.

I ran out of the kitchen and outside. My car, a black 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe, was parked on the drive and I quickly jumped in. Starting the engine, I pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street. Ten minutes later, I was in my school's parking lot. I jumped out of my car and quickly locked it. I ran into the campus and quickly dropped my stuff off at my locker. Speeding toward the classroom, I turned my phone on and stuck it in my pocket. I stopped in front of the door and took a breather, then steeped inside.

Everyone turned to look at me.

My cheeks flooded with color and I made my way towards my chair.

"You're late for the meeting, Dragomir." Coach Carlson warned.

"Sorry, Coach. I had a bad dream and woke up late. It won't happen again." I explained.

"Alright. Talk to your team."

I was captain of the Varsity Softball team at our high school and tomorrow was a big tournament. A pep talk was required.

"Listen up, team. I know tomorrow is the big day and you guys are scared. So am I." I confessed.

Some girls chuckled and others smiled. I smiled back and continued.

"But, we have to be big girls and not shake like Chihuahuas. They may be the best in the district, but we can still loose with dignity..." I started.

Some nodded their heads in agreement.

"I'm kidding with you people! We are going to win that freaking championship and rub it in their stupid faces that we are the best! We are going to go out there and work our butts off for that cup. I cannot see this school end up in second place this year once again when we have one of the best players I have seen. Hands down. But we have to put all this talent to work, and win. You get me?" I demanded.

They nodded their heads.

"Looks like you want to win... NO, you buttheads! I want to hear you say it!" I commanded.

"Yes, Ma’am!" They all cried.

"See. Was that so hard? Coach, you want to say anything?" I asked.

She snickered and waved her hands no.

"Any questions? No. Okay. You may go." I dismissed them.

The team all stood up and only one of the members stayed, Taylor, my best friend. Mason, my boyfriend, was waiting out in the threshold with her.

I gathered my bag and walked toward them. Taylor is blonde with long, straight hair, tall, with blue eyes, pretty figure, and she had some jeans, brown booties and a cream-colored cardigan. She hugged me tightly and then pulled back to smile at me.

"Nice speech." She commented.

"Thanks." I smiled.

Mason is tall, with short, dark hair, green eyes, very nice muscles and was wearing jeans and a dark button-down shirt. I tucked myself on his chest and breathed in his cologne. I pulled back and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a kiss.

"Hey." I greeted after pulling away.

"Hey. A little late today?" He smiled.

"Yeah. I overslept."

"You said it was a bad dream."

"It was."

"What was it about?"

"It's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

I pulled away and walked away into the hall. Why did he ask that? I mean, it was just a dream. Nothing too big, right?

Taylor and Mason flanked me from behind and I opened the doors with the Phoenix Winter breeze hitting my face. It had been an unbearable hot summer and I was glad winter was here.

I made my way to a table nearby and sat down. Taylor sat to my right and Mason to my left. My phone rang and I pulled it out to see who it was. I stood up and took the call.

"Hello, Mom." I greeted.

"Hi, Sweetie." She responded.

"What's going on?"

"Honey, I need you to come home right after lunch. Can you do that?"

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"No, no. It's just something very important."

"Can it wait until after school?"

"It's urgent."

"Is it matter of life or death?"

"Um... Kind of."

"Alright. See you later."

"Love you, Honey."

"Love you too, Mom."

I hanged up and walked back to the bench. Tyler was talking to Mason and quickly moved on to talk to me.

"Who was it?" She asked.

"My mother." I answered.

"What happened?"

"They need me to come home so they can talk to me about something."

"What did you do wrong?"

"I don't know. She just told me that it was urgent."

"Hm. That's weird. When do you need to leave?"

"At lunch. I'll be back in time for fourth hour."

"Okay. I'll text you like ten minutes before the bell rings."

"Thanks."

I smiled warmly at her and was startled when Mason spoke up.

"So I'm going to eat alone?"

I put my hand on his cheek and looked at him sweetly.

"Yes. But hey, there's always the team to seat with and Taylor will be with them."

"But, they’re all girls.”

“The guys in the football team will think you’re the man.”

“Fine.”

"And I'll be back in no time, okay?"

He nodded solemnly.

I kissed him softly and leaned against his shoulders.

Erik, a football player, approached us and stood in front of Taylor.

"Hi, Taylor." He greeted.

"Hey, Erik." She smiled.

"Uh. I... Um. I...I wanted to ask you if... um... uh..."

"Erik? To the point, please." I commanded.

"Taylor. IwantedtoaskyouifyouwouldgotothedancewithmeonSaturdaybecauseIreallylikeyou."

"Atta boy, Erik!" I cheered.

Taylor widened her eyes and then collected herself. She looked at Mason and turned towards the football player.

“I would love to go to the Winter Formal with you, Erik." She smiled.

He grinned at her and sat beside her. That startled Taylor but she smiled at him warmly.

"So, at what time do you want me to pick you up on Saturday?" Erik asked.

They continued making plans for the dance and I began to wonder what was so urgent that my mother needed me to go home early.

Suddenly, the bell for class rang and I stood up, kissing Mason goodbye. I made my way towards English and people greeted me as I walked through the halls. Entering the class, I made my way to the back, and sat down in one of the seats. I pulled out my iPod and stuck the headphones in my ears, tuning out the whole world...

Lunch hour came and I made my way to my Tahoe. I sped toward my home, trying to figure out what the emergency was. I pulled into the driveway and switched off the engine. I entered the house and made my way to my father's study, where my parents were waiting for me.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hi, honey." They responded.

"What's going on?"

They looked at each other and my father stood from his chair.

"Selene. A week ago, I came early from work. Remember?"

"Yeah. You said that you didn't feel good."

"Well. It wasn't because of that."

"Then, what was it?"

"I got fired."

"What?"

"The hospital doesn't have enough money to have that many employees and they decided it was time for me to retire. I have been there for many years and others needed the job more than I did."

"Can't you find another hospital to work in?"

"I already found one."

"What's the catch?"

"It's in Neah Beach, Washington."

"What?"

"They offered me a job there. Their best doctor just died and they heard that I was looking for a job. They would pay me a little bit more than the hospital did here and they are really in need of new doctors. I took the job."

"So you're going to be moving there and we stay here?"

"No. We are all moving."

I shanked the dummy with the silver stake and pulled back, leaving a big hole in its chest. Moving onto the other one, I pulled out my silver sword and cut its head off. I pulled out my wand and zapped the one that was left and it blew into pieces. I was moving onto another one when a message came in through telepathically.

Warrior Gibson. The Queen has called for your services. She will meet you in the throne room, as soon as possible.

I nodded to myself and retreated to the locker room to get changed into my clothes. I pulled the black pants on, and the rest of the clothes, which were a black dress shirt, a coat and black shoes. Making my way to the throne room, I looked around the ancient palace and noted all the memorabilia from the past centuries. The Royal Vampire Palace was a museum of sorts. It held little bits from the past kings and queens that ruled the Vampire Kingdom. Our royal rulers, King Yaakov and Queen Addison, hadn't added any personal touches to the palace. They had ruled for 152 years and hadn't changed anything in the past century and a half.

I approached the door to the throne room and the warriors opened the doors, allowing me in. The vast room was a wonderful sight. The Royal Bloodline ran along its walls, pictures and paintings of them adorning every inch of the huge walls, the ceiling was high in the sky, with a mosaic of tile plastered to it. In the back of the room, a set of 5 stairs led to the thrones, where the King and Queen sat. I walked up to the first step, dropped to one knee and lowered my head in respect. The Queen motioned me to rise, and I obliged, putting my hands behind my back.

"Hello, Alexander." Queen Addison greeted.

"Your Highness."

"It's such a pleasure to see you again."

"The pleasure is mine, Queen Addison."

"Well, do you know why you were called up?"

"No. I do not."

"Do you know about the Lost Princess, Alexander?"

"Yes."

The Lost Princess was the Queen's granddaughter and heir to the throne. She was taken away by Princess Aubrey and Prince Zachary, the Queen's daughter in-law and her son, because the Darks were trying to capture her, which would give them full control over the Vampire Kingdom. She was put under a spell which would erase all traces of her Vampire characteristics. The spell would wear off when she turns seventeen. No one but the Royal Family knows where she is. The point of hiding the Lost Princess was a prophecy. It said that one day, a princess favored by our goddess, Artemis, goddess of the moon, would bring peace to the Vampire Kingdom. She would lead an army of vampires and defeat the Darks, making them back away from all other vampires. The little Princess had shown exceptional powers and the subjects around the world loved her. This, of course, angered the Darks and when the Princess was two, they attacked the Royal Vampire Palace. The whole Vampire Kingdom panicked and all of the most powerful vampires arrived at the scene instantly. They subdued the Darks, but they promised revenge. The Royal Family decided that the Princess would be hidden until she could be trained and follow on with the Prophecy. A group of vampires performed a spell that would hide all the qualities that a vampire might possess. Princess Aubrey and Prince Zachary fled with the small princess and found a place to hide. To this day, no one knows where the Lost Princess is. Not even her name is known.

"Very well, then." The Queen smiled.

"What has happened to the Princess, your highness?" I wondered.

"Don't worry, Alexander. The Princess is not harmed. However, she is going to turn seventeen soon. My son is moving his family to Neah Beach, Washington in the United States, where a family estate is located. My granddaughter will begin school and begin a new life there. Her siblings, Prince Dimitri, Princess Aaliyah, and Prince Logan, along with her cousin Princess Viktoria, will begin school there as well, protecting her. You will go along as well, with another group of Warriors."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Yes. You are to go. Is that a problem?"

"No, no. It's that why would you pick me?"

"You are one of the best Warriors I have ever seen and I feel like my granddaughter would be safe with you around."

"I'm touched by your words, my Queen."

"Always so kind. You will leave immediately to Neah Bay and get settled. The estate is ready for the Princess to arrive and so is a small residence for all of the other warriors and my grandchildren to live in. But I have to tell you something first."

"What is it?"

"You must not tell her who you are or what you are. She is not aware that she is a vampire, much less a vampire princess. Be friends with her and gain her trust. Most of your classes will be hers as well. My son will take care of telling her who she is."

"Of course. Anything else?"

"Yes. Please take care of her. I love my granddaughter and don't wish her harm. I give you my most precious treasure."

"No worries, Ma'am. I will make sure nothing happens to her."

"Thank you, Alexander. You may go. Your flight leaves in two hours."

I bowed my head in respect and left the room. In seconds, I was in my room, packing all of my things. I whirled around the room, grabbing my possessions and throwing them in suitcases. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Alexander. It’s Mom." The caller on the other end responded.

"Mom! Hey, how are you?"

"I'm alright. I called to check up on you."

"Thanks. I'm getting ready to leave."

"Where?"

"To the United States."

"Why?"

"It's a special request from the Queen."

"Oh. Well, are you doing okay?"

"Yes, I have been busy lately, with training."

"Always working. I'm so proud of you, sweetheart."

"You're making me blush, Mom."

"What? It's true."

"Thanks. How is Dad doing?"

"Great. He misses you guys a lot."

My siblings, Brooke, Maddox, Kohl, and Nevaeh had all left before me to become Warriors. I had left a few years after them, leaving my little sister, Scarlett, behind.

"Have you heard about the others?"

"Brooke is in Brazil, Maddox and Kohl are in Australia, Nevaeh is in Monaco, and Scarlett is in Ukraine."

"Wow, Mom. Your kids are all over the globe."

"I know. I wish you guys were little again."

"I miss you."

"I miss you, too, honey."

I checked my watch and saw that it was time to go.

"Mom. I have to go. I'll call you when I get to the U.S."

She sighed. "Alright."

"I love you, Mom."

"I love you, too, Alexander."

I cut the call and ran to my car, a Red, 2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato, not believing who I was to take care of.

"What!?" I screeched.

"I’m sorry." Dad said.

"But why?"

"We are broke, honey. I need the money. It’s the only way."

"Can't you find a job here?"

"I've tried. My best bet is in Washington."

I shook my head and plunked down on a leather chair nearby.

My mom sighed and walked up to me, kneeling down in front of me.

"Sweetie. We have to do this. I wish we could stay here, too, but it was bound to happen."

"I have my whole life here. Friends, Mason, Taylor, and softball."

"We know, Selene. Look. If I get a job offered here again, then we will be back as soon as possible." Dad offered.

I thought it over and realized that it was the best for us.

I stood up, and looked at my parents.

"Okay. I'll go along. When do we have to leave?'

"In a month." Mom informed.

I raised my eyebrows and sighed, nodding my head.

"I have to go back to school. I'll see you later."

Driven by my disappointment, I sped towards my car and went to school. When I pulled into the parking lot, I killed the engine and put my head on the steering wheel, thinking about how I was going to break the news to Taylor and Mason. It was going to be hard. I got out of the car, running towards the cafeteria and looking for the softball team. I found them sitting in a table in the middle of the room and spotted Taylor and Mason laughing at something one of the girls said. I quickly got a salad and paid for it, then walked to the table. I sat beside Mason, with Taylor on the other side of him.

"Hey." Mason kissed me in the forehead.

"Hey." I looked down.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked.

"I'll tell you later at practice." I replied.

Taylor frowned but went back to talking with one of the girls.

I picked at my salad and ate a little bit. I kept turning the news inside my head, trying to understand how life was going to be in Neah Bay, Washington. All I knew about that place was that it was cold. That world would be totally different to the one I was used to, here in Phoenix. I loved the warmth and the sunny sky and now I would move to a world that was completely opposite to the one here. The people there probably already knew each other and would mark me as the "new girl" the instant I got there. Someone called my name, which broke me out of my trance.

"Selene. Seleeneee...."

I looked up. "Yeah?"

"The bell rang." Taylor informed.

"Oh. Um... Let's go then." I nodded.

She looked at me weird and then turned to leave. I followed behind and we both made our way to Chemistry. When we got to the class, we sat in our usual spot in the middle of the room. Taylor was my lab partner and we usually worked together all the time.

I didn't feel like talking but everybody kept on saying "Hi" to me as they entered the classroom. I nodded to each one of them in greeting, but didn't say one word. The teacher came in and I took out my notebook, preparing myself to take notes for the lab that we were to do tomorrow. The rest of the class period went by taking notes. Taylor would sneak glances at me and I would stare straight ahead, trying to figure out how I would tell them that I was moving. When we got out of the last class, I made my way to the locker room and put my things away. I changed into white baseball pants and a dark blue polo, with dark blue socks and my white cleats. I grabbed my baseball bag and walked out to the baseball field, which was a few hundred feet away from the school. When I got to the dugout, I took out my bat and walked to the batting cage beside the field. I turned on the machine and positioned myself at the home base. I began to angrily hit the balls and kept on going, even after the team got to the field and began to take out their things for practice.

"Selene. You said we would talk in practice. What's going on?" Taylor asked, standing outside of the cage. I looked at her and batted away a ball that was coming my way. I kept on hitting a few balls until Taylor turned off the machine. I turned to face her and she had a frown on her face, waiting for me to tell her.

"Selene! Taylor! Four laps around the track! Now!" Coach Carlson commanded.

I ran into the track, with Taylor flanking me from behind. The whole team was ahead of me but I quickly caught up and was at the front, leading the pack. After I finished my laps, I walked to the water fountain and drank water until my thirst was quenched. While I was walking back to the field, Taylor pulled me aside and stood in front of me.

"Tell me what is going on, now." She commanded.

I looked at her and just blurted it out.

"I'm moving."

"Sick joke, Selene."

"I'm serious."

"What?"

"I'm moving to Neah Bay, Washington."

"Why?"

"My dad was offered a job there and he took it."

"When are you leaving?"

"In a month. I think my parents already started packing."

"Is that why they called you?"

"Yeah."

"Have you told Mason?"

"No one, but you."

"Coach is going to be furious. You were supposed to bring the team all the way to state."

"I know..."

"Might as well tell her now."

"Yeah. Here I go."

I walked up to Coach Carlson, who was in the dugout, watching over the team.

"Coach."

"Selene."

"I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"Um... I'm moving."

"What?"

"I'm moving to Neah Bay, Washington."

"Why?'

"My dad got a job there."

"Selene. I need you for state. You're one of the best players I've had in years."

"I'm sorry, Coach."

"When are you leaving?"

"In a month."

"Well, at least you can get us to regionals. I'll handle state. You better tell your team."

I nodded and called the team together.

"Guys, I have something to say. I'm moving to Neah Bay, Washington."

"What!?" The whole team screeched.

"Yeah. I leave in a month."

"But that's before state." One of the girls pointed out.

I smiled. "I know."

"How are we going to win?" Another girl asked.

"You guys are ready. You'll make it. I know it. Just believe in yourselves."

The whole team looked glum.

"I'm going to miss you all."

They all crowded around me and we had a group hug moment. After breaking away and going back to their places. I walked back to the batting cage and began to bat my anger and despair away.

I drove through the streets and looked around the small town. I had arrived at Sekiu, Washington and drove all the way to Neah Bay. I was captivated by the way the waves splashed against the shore and how the moon lit up the sky. I was on my way to the residence that the Queen had provided and was anxious to see who I would be working with. Fifteen minutes later I found the house and parked in the driveway. The residence was beautiful. It was beige and it towered two stories high. Large windows pierced the walls and a grand wooden door sat in the middle of the front wall. A big green lawn spread out in front of the house and a circular driveway surrounded a large beautiful fountain. The woods surrounded the house and gave it a charming and mystical sense to it. Various sport cars were parked around the house and I heard noises inside. I stepped out and grabbed my entire luggage, knocking on the door. A small blonde with bright blue eyes opened the door.

"Cordelia?" I asked.

"Alexander!" She threw herself at me and I left my luggage at the door.

Cordelia was in my group when I began my training and we had become good friends.

"Where's the rest of the group?"

I was astonished to see Maddox, Kohl, Nevaeh, and Scarlett along with their mates, Solange (Maddox), Princess Viktoria (Kohl), Prince Dimitri (Nevaeh), and Prince Logan (Scarlett). Other vampires piled in and stood in the background. I greeted my siblings and the other introductions began.

"Alexander. This is Greyson Nixon, my mate, Keira Ross, her mate, Shane, and Princess Aaliyah and Kai Pokalski."

I shook everybody's hand and smiled, trying to get used to the group around me.

I began to look around everyone and remember their faces. Maddox was tall with chiseled features and piercing green eyes. His light brown hair was tousled and I noticed blonde highlights where the sun had bleached them. Standing beside him was Solange Ferguson, his girlfriend for twenty years. Solange was a thin, medium height girl with long red hair. Her blue eyes stood out from her features and a smile brightened her eyes.

Kohl was classy like always, with a black tuxedo and dress shoes. He looked a lot like Maddox but his face was a little more filled out. He was a little shorter than Maddox but his muscular shoulders made it seem as though he was older. Princess Viktoria, Kohl's mate, was graceful like you would expect all royals to be. Her brown hair was in a pixie cut that framed her faerie like face. Green eyes looked around at everything with intelligence, as she analyzed her surroundings.

Nevaeh looked a little like Kohl, but with a girly flare. Her strawberry blonde hair fell down her small shoulders and curled a little at the end. Her blue eyes matched mine and she smiled as I looked at her. Nevaeh's mate, Prince Dimitri, stood tall beside my sister and his blue eyes watched everything carefully. His dark hair was windblown, probably from running, and it fell into his face, which had a light stubble.

Scarlett’s petite frame buzzed with energy, her long strawberry blonde hair fell into her face and green eyes peeked at me from behind it, filled with curiosity. She hadn't seen me for fifteen years. When she was thirteen, I had left for training. She looked like seventeen now, but since her vampire genes stopped her aging at seventeen; she would never look like she were twenty-eight, her real age. Her boyfriend, Prince Logan, analyzed me carefully. His blue eyes locked with mine and I noticed gold flecks in them. His lean body stood a little in front of Scarlett's, as if guarding her. Black tousled hair surrounded his face and he whipped it off his face. Prince Logan was the Lost Princess's twin and I already began forming an image of her based off his looks.

The other vampires, Greyson, Keira, Shane, Princess Aaliyah, and Kai hadn't escaped my examination. Greyson, Cordelia's mate, stood about six feet with dirty blonde hair. His blue eyes stared at me, trying to figure me out. Keira was a thin girl with long black hair and bird-like features. She was still beautiful; all vampires were. Her mate, Shane was a buff guy with olive skin and dark eyes. He was the tallest around and probably the strongest. Princess Aaliyah was small and thin, with strong bone structure. She stood tall and graceful, like all royals and her blue eyes looked around the house with curiosity. Her mate, Kai was lean and tall, with dark hair and green eyes. His arms surrounded Princess Aaliyah body and he looked like he needed sleep.

"Your room is upstairs. Last door on the left." Maddox spoke, breaking me away from my examination.

"Thanks." I responded, already moving, and picking up my luggage on the way.

I opened the door and was amazed at how the room looked. It was vast, with large windows piercing the walls. Black curtains draped over the windows, blocking out the light completely. Sun weakened vampires slightly, but it didn't hurt them physically in the slightest. It just sucked a little energy like a sponge but it didn't leave you on the verge of dying. A big canopy bed with a red and black comforter stood at the right of the room, facing a window. A black leather couch and chair sat in the middle of the room, facing a large plasma television and a home entertainment system. Two large bookcases covered half of the back wall with a window between them. Books filled them and I noticed some of my favorite works among them. A desk was right beside them with three large monitors on top of it. A C.P.U. box was under it and a black leather office chair faced it. I smiled at the desk. Scarlett probably remembered how much I love computers. A bathroom and a walk in closet were joined with the room, but I didn't feel like looking at what Cordelia probably put in there. She probably went all out and bought out all the men's section from every designer boutique. I noticed a small teddy bear on the bed and went to go take a look. A small note was beside it. I picked it up and began to read:

Dear Alexander,

I know that we haven't talked in a while, but I want to get to know you better. I feel like I need to fill up that little sister role I could never accomplish because you were off to training. This teddy bear shows that I remember those times when we were kids and that we used to play with it all the time. I hope that you see this as a peace offering and we get to talk more.

Love,

Scarlett ♥

I smiled at the note and realized that I should have kept more contact with Scarlett. I didn't know anything about my little sister and I felt guilty for not being there for her. I picked up the old bear and snuggled it against my skin. It smelled like the old times and I grinned at the memories. I put it down and walked to my suitcases, unpacking everything and putting it in the closet. Sure enough, Cordelia went overboard and filled up the closet. Armani Exchange, Gucci, Calvin Clain, Burberry and other designers I didn't know about were plastered all over the labels. I decided to claim my independence and put normal clothes in between the new garments. I went down stairs and found the others engrossed in their hobbies. Maddox, Kohl, Prince Dimitri, and Prince Logan were playing poker in the family room. Shane, Greyson, and Kai were playing video games in the living room. Princess Viktoria and Cordelia were looking at catalogues in the kitchen, deciding what they were going to buy for us in the upcoming season. Solange and Nevaeh were sprawled on the living room floor, playing chess. I found Scarlett under the stairs in a small couch, reading a book. I sat beside her and she closed her book, putting it aside.

"I got the teddy bear and the note. Thanks for that." I smiled.

She smiled softly and responded. "You’re welcome."

"Scarlett. I know I wasn't there for you after I went off to training and I'm truly sorry for that. Being a Warrior was my dream and I totally forgot about my little sister because of it. But I want to make up for the time lost. We still have time until the Lost Princess arrives and I think we should get to know each other better." I suggested.

Her eyes lit up like a little girl on Christmas. "Really?"

"Really."

She threw her arms around me and I squeezed her lightly, feeling the brotherly love fill my heart.

"Thanks, Alexander. I really missed you after you left and when you didn't talk to me for so long, I felt like I didn't mean anything to you."

"I admit I forgot to call home most of the time, but I can never forget you, kid."

"Okay. This is getting to corny. Why don't you tell me what you did after you left training?"

"Well. I went to Morocco for a while and guarded the Queen's cousin for a few years. Then, I spent four years in Harvard, studying law. And after that, I have been in the Royal Guard for nine years."

"Wow. That sounds interesting."

"Yeah. I enjoyed it. So. What happened after I left?"

"Um. I continued to study in human school until I turned sixteen. That's when Mom and Dad took me out and began to homeschool me. I learned about the Vampire Realm and all that stuff. After that, I got admitted into Training and finished it in two years. Logan was training too and that's when I met him. We courted for a couple of years and got into the guard after he asked me to be his girlfriend. I did small tasks like guarding Logan and traveling with him. Six years back, we began to do missions and all that."

"You accomplished a lot, Scarlett. I'm impressed. But, how is it going with Prince Logan?"

"Don't push that big brother crap on me, Alex."

"What? I want to know what's going on."

"He's a great guy and I don't want you to scare him away."

"Not even a little scare?"

"No."

"You're no fun."

"I'll let you deal with him after you get a girlfriend and chase her away."

"You're evil, Scar."

"I know. It's one of my many talents."

I grinned and began to tickle her viciously. She giggled uncontrollably and rolled on the floor, trying to smack my hands away. She wrestled out of my reach and pinned me to the floor with her knee digging my back in one swift move. I threw her off of me and grabbed her legs, pulling her down. She laughed and stood up and pulled my hand behind my back and her foot on the back of my neck. I rolled over and she lost her balance, giving me the advantage. I grabbed her waist and threw her over my shoulder. She squirmed and I jostled her a little.

"Okay. I give up! Truce!" She screamed.

"Yeah! I win!" I boomed as I put her down.

She stuck her tongue out at me and zoomed upstairs.

I grinned widely and sat down on the couch.

It felt good to have fun again.

After softball practice, I walked to the parking lot and started my Tahoe, making my way home. I switched on the radio and sang along with the songs that were on. My phone started ringing and I switched on my earpiece.

"Hello?" I started.

"Selene. It's Mason." The person on the other end responded.

"Hey. What's going on?"

"That's what I was about to ask you."

"What?"

"Taylor told me you're moving."

I sighed and hardened my voice.

"I am."

"And you couldn't tell me?"

"I was going to call you the second I got home."

"You couldn't come over and say it to me in person?"

"I have to begin packing, Mason. We don't have much time. I leave in a month."

"Can't you find five seconds in your busy schedule and tell me the news."

"These are the five seconds."

"Why are you moving?"

"My dad got a job in Neah Bay, Washington and we all have to go."

"Can't you stay here?"

"What part of 'we all have to go' don't you understand?"

"You're going to be too far away."

"I'm going to come back in all the vacations I can."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"When can you come over?"

"I don't know. But I'll try soon, okay?"

"Alright."

I pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine.

"I already got home, so I have to leave you. I talk to you in the night."

"Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Bye."

I ended the call and grabbed my stuff from the back of the car. When I got home, most of the things in the living room and the family room where packed. I left my things at the entrance and made my way to the kitchen.

"I'm home!" I called out.

I heard steps making their way down the stairs and Mom's face appeared in the kitchen's threshold. She kissed me lightly in the forehead and opened the fridge.

"Hi, honey. What do you want for dinner?" She asked.

"Um. I don't know. Surprise me." I suggested.

She smiled and started to pull out ingredients. I strode over to Dad's study and knocked lightly on a wall. He turned and smiled at me.

"Hey, Dad." I greeted.

He hugged me softly and kissed me in the cheek. "How was the rest of your day?"

"Difficult."

"Why so?"

"I told Taylor, Mason, Coach Carlson, and the team that I was moving."

"How did that go?"

"Too many why's and when's."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"It's alright. I can deal with it. That's the easy part."

"Then what's the hard part?"

"When I see their faces outside of the car window and not come back for a long time."

"Oh, Selene."

He put his arms around me and I cried silently. After a few seconds, I wiped away my tears and pulled away.

"It's okay. I'm going to go pack my things."

"There are boxes in the garage."

"Thanks."

I walked out of the room and walked outside into the garage. I saw several cardboard boxes stacked in a corner and picked a few up. I made my way upstairs and walked into my room, setting the boxes down. My bedroom was bigger than most, with bright colors lighting up the room. It was Bohemian style. The walls were painted light green and the carpet was vanilla white. Big windows let the light in and pink silk curtains framed them. A king-size canopy bed sat in the back of the room with a colorful striped comforter adorning it. A Plasma T.V. was mounted on the wall beside it and a home entertainment and stereo sat on a beige console under it. A light wood bookcase stood beside the television, filled with books I had collected over the years. In front of it were two light wood chairs and a light wood coffee table where books were stacked, waiting to be read. Throw pillows sat on the chairs. A lamp whose arms branched out lit the small section. Lamps around the room lit up the space in which they were located. Colorful rugs decorated the floor and added happiness to the space.

I began to pack up my books from the books case and started to stack them inside the boxes.

After I finished packing up most of my books, ornaments, and other small things, I went downstairs and found my mom and dad watching a crime show in the living room. I looked for a clock and found out it was 6:49 PM. I walked to the kitchen and found a plate with a steak covered in steak sauce, a baked potato and green beans. I popped it in the microwave and let it heat for a few minutes. After it was done, I began to eat my food absentmindedly, looking around the room. Most of the kitchen was packed away already and only essential objects were left out. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hey, Taylor." I greeted.

"What are you doing this instant?" She asked.

"Eating."

"What about after that?"

"English homework."

"And after that?"

"Probably watch T.V."

"Can you come over after you finish your homework?"

"I don't know."

"Can you ask, at least?"

"Okay. Hold on."

I touched the "mute" button and walked to the living room.

"Mom. Dad. Can I go to Taylor's house after I finish my homework?" I asked.

They looked at each other and nodded.

I smiled and returned to the kitchen. I touched the “mute” button once more and pressed the phone to my ear.

“They said yes.” I announced.

“Great. Come over the instant you’re done.” She commanded.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

I hanged up and bolted upstairs, already beginning to do my homework.

After finish everything, I jumped in the car and drove to Taylor’s house. She lived ten minutes away and in a few minutes, I was already knocking on her door.

Her mom, Mrs. Jacobs, opened the door.

“Selene! How are you, sweetie?” She greeted.

“Hi, Mrs. Jacobs. Great. Is Taylor here?”

“Yeah. Come on in.”

Mr. Jacobs was sitting on a sofa, reading the Arizona Republic, the city’s paper. He looked up and smiled.

“Hiya, Selene! How are ya, hon?” He asked.

“Great, Mr. Jacobs. It’s nice to see you.”

In that instant, Taylor came barreling down the stairs.

“Selene!” She screamed.

She stood beside me and smiled at her dad.

“Um. You can talk to Selene later, Daddy. We just need to talk right now.” She explained.

Mr. Jacobs looked at her and scrunched his eyebrows together.

“About what?” He asked.

“I’ll tell you later, ‘Kay?”

He frowned and nodded.

Taylor tugged me upstairs and into her room. She plunked me down on a chair beside her desk and she sat on her bed. I looked at her expectantly.

“I’m sorry.” She blurted out.

“For what?” I asked.

“Um… I… Uh… Mason…”

“Oh. That you told Mason I was moving? That’s alright! I explained everything to him already.”

“Oh. Um… That’s… Uh… Great! Glad that’s cleared out of the way.”

“Yeah. So what’s going on?”

“It’s nothing. I just wanted to spend time with you alone before you left. You know… Girl time.”

“That’s great. I feel like I’m going to be busy all the time now.”

“True that.”

We talked until 11:00 P.M. and I left with a bit of peach cobbler Mrs. Jacobs sent me home with. I bid goodnight to my parents and fell asleep a few minutes later.

In the morning, I retreated to my room and walked to my closet, already thinking of what I was going to wear. Apparently, I was to begin school today at Neah Bay Junior/Senior High School. The others had already been there for a few months and only Scarlett and I were left. I looked through the shirts but all of them seemed too fancy to wear. I found a black cotton long sleeve and threw that on. I sorted through the pants and fortunately found a pair of dark wash jeans. I put on a pair of black combat boots and a leather jacket. Cordelia passed by my room and looked at me disapprovingly.

“What.” I said.

“Can’t you wear the things I bought you?” She asked.

“I’m sorry. They’re too dressy for me. Anyways, people are going to be weirded out if I wear dress pants and shirt to school.”

“Come on, Alexander. Please?”

“No can do. I want to blend in the background.”

“You know we can’t. People are attracted to us by nature.”

“I still try.”

“Fine.”

She stomped out of the room and left me alone.

I walked out of the bathroom and found a simple black backpack sitting on my bed. I shifted through it and found several notebooks, pencils, and a bottle of blood. I picked up my iPhone, iPod, and car keys, and then zoomed downstairs. Scarlett was sitting in front of the T.V., watching the news. She was wearing a white tank top, a beige cardigan, a pair of jeans and white Converse. Her book bag was brown and was thrown on the floor. She stood up when she saw me and smiled.

“Which car are we gonna take?” She asked.

“Mine.” I answered.

“Alright, but good luck when we get there.”

“Why?”

“Your car is very nice.”

“What are you driving?”

“A black Chrysler 300.”

“That’s flashy too.”

“But your car is even more so.”

“Whatever. Let’s go.”

She followed me outside and jumped in the car. I started the engine and we took off.

I turned to her. “So what’s our story?”

“We are brother and sister. Twins to be exact.”

“But I’m blond and you are a brunette.”

“Fraternal Twins.”

“Ah.”

“What grade are we in?”

“Junior. We’re seventeen.”

“Parents?”

“None. They died but we were allowed to live by ourselves.”

“What about the others?”

“They’re the King and Queen’s children.”

“Great. How about our names?”

“The same. Maddox, Nevaeh, and Kohl are Smith.”

“Thank Artemis we don’t look like them too much.”

She smiled. We had already arrived at school and everyone’s eyes were on us. Even our housemates, but they were smirking. I pulled up a few spaces beside them and we got out. When everyone saw us, they were even more impressed. I took out my things and we made our way to the office. It was a small building and filled with lots of greenery. A middle aged lady sat in front of an old computer. When she saw us, she perked right up.

“Hi! You must be the Gibson twins.” She pointed out.

Scarlett and I nodded.

“Great. Here are your schedules and list of text books.”

I shifted through the papers and found the schedule.

Name: Alexander Gibson

I.D. Number: 4514852482

Age: 17

DOB: 6/23/1993

Place of Birth: Red Rock, Oklahoma

Parents: Charles and BrieAnna Gibson (Passed Away)

Schedule

Course Name

Teacher

Room Number

English IV Honors

Stephson

562

Adv. Software Development

Nichols

251

Human Physiology

Duncan

320

Criminal Justice

Leroux

654

AP Calculus II Honors

McMillan

546

Law in American Society

Sawyer

641

French V Honors

Morey

155

The Lost Princess was very smart, according to the schedule. I looked up and found Scarlett looking through her own schedule. I looked up to the receptionist. She was positioning a small camera in front of a sky blue background behind a small stool. She motioned me over.

“Please sit there, Alexander.” She commanded.

I obliged.

She snapped the picture and motioned Scarlett forward. The receptionist performed the same process and in a few minutes our I.D.’s were out. I picked up a map out of a stack of papers and we left the office.

“What’s your first hour?” I asked Scarlett.

“English IV Honors with Stephson.” She responded.

“Good so do I. Here,” I handed her a copy of the map. “So you can make your way around when I’m not around.”

“Thanks. Here comes Cordelia.” She pointed out.

We were standing on the sidewalk, outside of the office. Cordelia walked up to us and smiled.

“Hey, guys.” She greeted.

I raised my eyebrows.

“What happened to not blowing our cover?” I teased.

“Oh hush, Alexander. No one can hear us. Now. Do you want to sit with us at lunch?”

“Yeah. Have we’ve been assigned a feeder yet?”

Since the subjects that were loyal to the Vampire Kingdom didn’t want to go sucking around blood from a random person, a law was made that each vampire household was to have a feeder in which they would take small amounts of blood once a week. The “donors” were paid generously and like the “high” they got off of the blood loss.

“She’s due tomorrow.” Cordelia announced.

“Great. I’m getting weaker by the minute.” Scarlett said.

I smiled and Cordelia led us back to the group. As we passed by, everyone stared at us and I heard some whispers.

“Damn.” One girl commented.

“He’s gorgeous.” Another said.

“Check out his sister. She’s hot.” A guy commented.

“No s***. Look at that ass.”

“Dibs.”

“Man. No fair.”

I smirked and looked at Scarlett. She was furious and about to go punch those guys in the face. I touched her shoulder softly and shook my head. We joined the others and Logan hovered over Scarlett protectively.

“Well. That was… awkward.” I told Cordelia.

“It happens. At least most of it is over.” She pointed out.

Scarlett shook her head furiously. “It just annoys me. Is that all that these kids think about?”

“Apparently, so.” I responded.

The bell rang for school and we all scattered to our different classes. Scarlett, Cordelia, and I made our way to English IV Honors. While walking through the halls, we heard more comments about Scarlett and I.

This was going to be a great year.

All of my belongings were loaded into my Tahoe or the moving truck. I walked through the empty halls one more time, trying to let go. I had said my goodbyes and asked for no one to be with me when I left. My parents had left ahead of me and let me have a few moments for myself. Anubis was in the car, excitedly waiting to arrive at his new home. He didn’t understand how painful it would be to his owner, who had been in Phoenix all her life, to leave her home roots. Mason had promised to call me every night and try to keep the relationship strong. So did Taylor, but she cried her eyes out in the process. My team was going on to state without me and Taylor took over the Captain position, trying to fill my shoes to the best of her ability.

I retreated from my home and closed the door behind me, with a statement of finality. Walking to the car, I shed a few tears but scolded myself for doing so. I had to be strong and keep my cool. I started the engine and turned on the GPS and looked for the address I was to go to. My parents had programed the route which they would take and took off. I made my way through the streets and looked at everything, trying to remember everything I would miss. In a few minutes I was on the highway, making my way to the strange place awaiting me.

After a long drive, I had finally arrived at Neah Bay, Washington. The ocean stretched out on three sides of the town and the moonlight reflected on the water, giving the place a magical essence. The GPS guided me to the outside of the town, close to the wilderness. I saw a small road that branched out from the highway and made my way through it. At the end of the road, stood a breathtaking mansion. A circular driveway, paved by stones, surrounded a fountain in which the water changed colors every few seconds. Manicured pine trees stood in front of the house, like immobile guardians. Two small gardens with a variety of flowers sat on either side of the entryway towards the house. The mansion itself was magnificent. Large windows faced out towards the road and lights around the house lit it up, making it glow. The style was set in the 1940’s but it had been restored and modernized to fit the needs of those inhabiting it. Balconies were set outside of every window, but the largest one was right smack in the middle. The woods stood in the background and even added to its beauty.

I parked in front of the estate and killed the engine. I looked to the passenger’s seat and found Anubis, sleeping soundly. I grabbed my bag and phone, and then opened the door. The chilly air greeted me in an instant and I found out quickly that it was several degrees colder than I was used to. I threw on my jacket and stepped into the snow. Anubis barked behind me and I let him out. He smelled around him, licked the snow and then made his way to the front of the house. I knocked and a small brunette middle-aged woman with green eyes opened the door.

“Miss Dragonire, welcome.” She greeted.

“Um. Thank you.” I responded.

“Come in, Miss. It’s chilly outside.”

I nodded and went inside. If the outside of the house was magnificent, the inside was even more so. Two large staircases ran along the sides of the walls and meted at the middle. Windows reached up to the top of the high ceiling and the moon peeked inside from behind the dark curtains. A black table sat in the middle of the space, with a vase of red roses on top of it. The marble floor shined under a huge chandelier that lit up the room.

“Miss Dragonire?” The woman called.

“Just Selene.” I said.

“Oh. Yes. Selene. Do you need help bringing your things in?”

“I’d love it. What’s your name?”

“I’m Lorelei, your personal maid.”

“Oh. Lorelei. I love that name.”

“Thank you, Miss Dragonire.”

“Uh-Uh. None of that ‘Miss’ talk. Just Selene. ‘Miss Dragonire’ seems too important.”

“Of course. Shall we?”

We made our way towards my Tahoe and retrieved my things from the back. Lorelei guided me up the stairs, and then to a door in the back of the top floor. She opened the door and I gasped. The room was beautiful and huge. A king-size canopy bed stood in the back of the room. It was adorned with a colorful and very comfortable-looking silk comforter. Throw pillows in every color of the rainbow sat in order at the head of the bed. Paintings hang in the dark walls and crystal chandeliers lit up the room. A small set of vanilla white sofas sat in front of the blazing fireplace, on which a large plasma T.V. and an expensive home entertainment system sat. On the glass coffee table between the couches, several of my favorite magazines were laid out in neat piles. Pink throw pillows gave color to the small living room. A large blue bookshelf stretched out on the left side of the room. Multiple books filled it up and I saw some of my favorite titles. Windows pierced the wall in the front and a balcony stretched out into the night behind it. Curtains in different colors adorned the windows and fluttered in the breeze. A bathroom branched out from the room and walk-in closet stood beside it. The bathroom was vast and a big mirror sat on the vanity unit. Colorful towels were neatly folded and sat on the counter, waiting to be used. The shower was big and green tile was plastered to the walls. I walked into the closet and was astonished by its size. Some clothes were already there and were hanged in different sections, according to their type. Shoes lined the shelves on one side and I swooned a little on how much was inside the closet.

“Wow.” I breathed.

“You like it?” Lorelei asked.

“No. I absolutely LOVE it!” I answered.

“Really?”

“Yes. Did you do all this?”

“I wanted you to be happy here, Selene.”

I wrapped my arms around her small body and kissed her on the cheek. She looked flustered and turned away.

“You’re amazing, Lorelei.” I commented.

“Thank you.”

In that moment, a small boy stumbled inside of the room, with Anubis tagging along. He was blond and his hair fell in small locks around his angelic face. His ivory cheeks were altered by a smile that lit up his beautiful green eyes. He looked about two and a sort of strength was seen in his features.

He walked up to Lorelei and she picked him up, with a loving smile forming on her face.

“Who is he?” I asked her.

“Kyle, my son.” She responded.

“He’s precious! How old is he?”

“One and a half. He lives with me.”

“Can I grab him?”

“Sure.”

I stretched out my arms toward Kyle and he happily threw himself at me and wrapped his small arms around my neck. I grinned at him and he smiled back at me. I poked his nose and he giggled.

“He likes you.” An unfamiliar voice said.

I turned around and found a girl a little bit older than me, standing in the doorway. She was petite and had her platinum blond hair in a pixie cut. Her blue eyes stared coldly at me and I flinched.

“This is Charlotte, your mother’s maid.” Lorelei pointed out.

“Hi. I’m Selene.” I greeted, putting my hand out.

She stared at it like a rare bug and I retreated it. Lorelei stared between us both and sensed the friction.

“Selene. Would you like anything to eat?” She asked.

I turned around and smiled at her. “Sure. I’ll help you.”

Charlotte left the room and Lorelei and I, along with a Kyle, followed suit. Lorelei guided me through the house, and I marveled at the hallways. Many works of art lined the walls and plush carpets sat under my feet. We finally arrived at the kitchen. It was gorgeous. Light wood cabinets hanged from the walls, and the carvings on them gave the place an ancient essence. A black chandelier hovered over the island, on which a pot with a plant sat, and its leaves fell on the counter. High arm chairs stood around the island. The “dining room” was separated from the kitchen by a white counter. The glass table was large and round, with eight brown arm chairs surrounding it. A vase of white orchards stood in the middle.
Lorelei got some ingredients out of the large fridge and began to prepare me a sandwich. She handed it over to me, along with a glass of milk, and I finally realized I was ravenous. I ate it quickly and by the time I looked up, another sandwich was waiting for me to eat it. So, I followed my gut and ate the second one. By the time I finished, I was full and happy. Anubis had been served a can of doggy food and he ate sloppily. He strode over to me and I scratched him softly behind the ears.

“Is that all, Selene?” Lorelei asked.

“Yeah. Thanks for the food. It was delicious.” I responded.

She smiled and began to clean the kitchen.

“Where do you stay at? You know, to sleep.” I wondered.

Lorelei turned around and began to talk.
“In this very house. I don’t live with Kyle’s father. He left me after finding out that I was pregnant. Your father was kind enough to let me stay here.”

“Where did you live before you came here?”
“At my mother’s house. It was very hard for me to get a job after I had Kyle. I was a stock broker before and I couldn’t have Kyle while I was working. Stock breaking takes a lot of your time and I needed that time to be with Kyle.”
“But the change was really drastic. I mean, you’re a maid now when before this you could have been the boss.”

“It’s alright. You aren’t bad at all, Selene. I’ve had the meanest bosses and you are the best.”

“Aw. Don’t make me blush.”

Lorelei smiled. “Let’s get you to bed. Your parents are still out. Tomorrow, you start school.”

“Wait. What? That soon?” I asked.

“They don’t want you to be behind in your classes.”

I nodded and we retreated to my bed. I changed into my pajamas and crept under the covers. Lorelei turned off the light and closed the door. I thought about school and shuddered. Then sleep took over.

I looked around my room and felt absolutely bored. I sat on a leather couch and waited for the feeder to be done with Scarlett. I was famished and about to pounce on the next human I saw. My head was filled with the lost princess. She would come to school tomorrow and yet, they hadn’t shown me one damn picture of her. I was the one in charge of her and the leader of the group. Since I was able to read minds, I would have the advantage to tap inside her thoughts and see how she feels or what she thinks. I heard the feeder approach my room and I zoomed to the door. A middle aged woman stood on the threshold. She had straight brown hair and bony features. She was thin and tall and smiled when I looked into her eyes.

“Hey, Vanessa.” I greeted.

“How are ya, Alexander?” She responded, while stepping inside the room.

“Hungry as hell. You?”

She took a seat on the couch and took her sweater off. Several bite marks were plastered on the skin around her neck. I sat next to her and rummaged through her bag for a bandage.

“I’m doing great! Tomorrow, I get paid so I’m going out to buy some furniture for the house.” She explained.

“That’s great.” I smiled.

She grinned back and angled her neck towards me. I brought my lips to her neck and smelled her skin. My canines popped out instantly and I dug them into her skin. The tart liquid filled my mouth and the thirst was subdued instantly. I pulled blood a few more times, then stopped drinking and put the bandage on the wound. Vanessa swooned and I zoomed downstairs for a glass of water and back.

“You okay there?” I asked, handing her the glass.

“Yeah. Just a little woozy.” She said dismissively.

I eyed her and she smiled back. After Vanessa drank her water, she stood up and faced me.

“Good luck with the Princess, kid.” She said.

“Thanks. I’ll need it.” I smiled.

She nodded and left the room. I followed behind her and closed the door. Scarlett approached me and liked her arm through mine.

“Hey.” I greeted.

“You nervous?” She asked.

“A little. She could be anyone and yet, they can’t tell me who she is.”

“It’s alright. They said you would know who she is.”

“Let’s hope I do because if I don’t, we’re all screwed.”

“No pressure.”

I laughed and she grinned at me. We arrived at the living room where everyone was lounging on the couches and looking expectantly at me. Maddox spoke up first.

“So. What’s the plan, boss?”

“We wait.” I responded.

“That’s it?” Prince Logan asked.

“Well, what do you expect me to do when I don’t even know what your sister looks like?” I asked.

“Try to find out what she looks like.” He responded.

“Do you want to dress up like a girl so we can get a better picture?” I suggested.

Everyone laughed and Logan smiled.

“Okay. Maybe we should just look for a girl who’s new to the school. Everyone will point her out and it will be easier for us to find her. Logan, you should have a small bond to your sister since you’re twins. If you feel anything, tell us. We can keep an eye on her and protect her.” I commanded.

The others nodded and Cordelia took notes. I plopped myself beside Shane and sighed. Everyone stared at me and waited.

“You guys better get some sleep. It’s gonna be a very long day tomorrow.” I ordered.

My housemates stood up and retreated to their bedrooms, except for Cordelia, who scooted over to my side.

“You’re worrying too much.” She pointed out.

“Thanks for pointing it out.” I muttered.

“I’m serious. We’re going to find out who she is. You just got to use your gift and look for Prince Zachary and Princess Aubrey.”

“What if the Princess and Prince changed their appearance for safety?”

“It can’t be a drastic change, Alexander.”

“True.”

“Go get some sleep. The day is gonna be the longest for you.”

I nodded and stood up, zooming upstairs and into my room. I changed into my pajamas and fell asleep a few minutes after.