Pure Half-Blood

Author's note: Critique welcome!
Author's note: Critique welcome!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Epilogue - Mirror Mirror

I woke up to a dark room in an unfamiliar house. Where was I?
Oh. Last night. Now I remember everything that happened. I expected a tear to stream down my cheek, but my face was dry as a desert and hard as stone. I dragged myself out of bed and lingered toward the mirror. I didn’t want to look. Okay, Peyton, deep breath, I reassured myself. I exhaled anxiously. You can do this.
Before I knew it, I was facing a stranger in the mirror.
My reflection grimaced back at me. The dress
Thanks for reading! To (possibly) be continued!
was the same as before. Other than that, I failed to recognize any similarity at all, no matter how long I searched through the unfamiliar, perfectly sculpted face. Locks of jet black keratin draped to past her feet the floor, a face paler than the moon hiding behind a curtain of shadowy hair, and eyes of blood seeping through the former emerald irises.
She was a vampire.
She was not me. She was beautiful, perfect, and all of my dreams come true, but she was not me. She was a stranger, and I never wanted her!
I just wanted to be me.
I’m sorry it took me so long, I apologized to myself sorrowfully. I’m sorry, Peyton. I’m sorry that you never, in fifteen years of life, ever got a chance to figure out who you really are.
It may have taken me a while, but I finally knew. Never take yourself for granted. Be who you are while you still have the time to be them, before you turn into someone else.
Darkness and blood.
I was not startled by this reoccurrence. Except this time, it was my bloodshot eyes that seemed to holler, forever trapped in the depths of the wicked mirror.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

StellaDPloom said...
Possibly? You mean, absolutely to be continued, right? I love this. I need more.

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Or I guess... you could have her wake up froma coma or something, and anthony and the vampires and her high school never happened or have it be a dream that was put on by her mother with a potion and to show her she sperfect just the way she is. That way, I think it would be better, and less....slightly creepyno offense. Like i said before, it is a very well written story, but the twilight element just put me off........ :)

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm:
It is really good, although, I've never been a fan of  Twilight. I really just don't like it. It started out really good, but once you got to the vampire part it all kind of went downhill. Take out the vampires, continue, and it'll be perfect. :)