Pure Half-Blood

Author's note: Critique welcome!
Author's note: Critique welcome!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Darkness and Blood

Darkness and blood.
Those were my first thoughts as I saw my crimson homecoming dress the day of the dance. A dark satin sash tied around my waist tied the whole outfit together perfectly, literally and figuratively.
‘Darkness and blood,’ they seemed to scream into the mirror. If only clothes could speak!
I fastened my midnight hued pearls around my neck. In my ensemble of red and black, it was official: I looked like a vampire.
My mom just barely managed to snap a few
I could have spent the entire chapter describing Peyton's dress! Should I add more or less imagery? I love writing it but I can see how it might be annoying to read...
decent pictures of me with Anthony before the two of us headed off to Regina's pre-party. Regina, Karen, Gretchen, and their boyfriends would all meet at Regina's house before driving to homecoming in her boyfriend’s car. Aaron was a junior, so he had his permit, not his license. We would have to be cautious nobody caught us driving without a licensed driver. Hey, for the Plastics, anything is worth it!
The Plastics looked breathtaking. Regina was wearing a Cinderella-style azure dress with a miniature silver tiara. Karen looks a little slutty in her tiny little dress, but the faded cherry color really works with her beach tan. Gretchen’s lengthy black gown makes her look taller and more graceful than she actually is. She even paired it with the perfect hoop earrings. Gorgeous!
"Peyton," I jump at the sound of Regina's intimidating voice.
"Hey, Regina. What's up?"
"Did you know that you were voted homecoming queen?"
"Oh my gods!” Oops! Would Regina notice my slip in speech? I improvised and tried to act as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. “I mean, are you kidding? That is so fetch!” I heard Gretchen say that earlier, so it was cool, right?
She looked slightly confused, but carried on.
"Well, that's why we wanted to be friends with you. Because you were pretty, I mean."
That's all? I was a bit disappointed that she didn’t appreciate any of my other qualities, but beggars can’t be choosers. Besides, as long as Regina likes me, it’s enough. I'm Plastic!
"But Gretchen told me that Karen heard from Dawn that Trang Pak and her friends nominated you as a joke. A joke! You're pretty Peyton, but you're not like us."
Please, I sent up a quick prayer to the gods. This cannot be happening.
"So after today..."
No! Please, no! Zeus, help me!
“You’re out of the Plastics.”

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 2 at 2:23 pm:
This is amazing. You really do have such talent and greatness in you. Thank you so, so, so much for sharing this. :)

StellaDPloom said...
Possibly? You mean, absolutely to be continued, right? I love this. I need more.

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Or I guess... you could have her wake up froma coma or something, and anthony and the vampires and her high school never happened or have it be a dream that was put on by her mother with a potion and to show her she sperfect just the way she is. That way, I think it would be better, and less....slightly creepyno offense. Like i said before, it is a very well written story, but the twilight element just put me off........ :)

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm:
It is really good, although, I've never been a fan of  Twilight. I really just don't like it. It started out really good, but once you got to the vampire part it all kind of went downhill. Take out the vampires, continue, and it'll be perfect. :)