Pure Half-Blood

Author's note: Critique welcome!
Author's note: Critique welcome!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

The Rules of Being Plastic

It was a long day at North Shore. Everything was so different! My favorite classes were English and U.S. History. Who knew that humans had their own stories to tell?
"Mom! Where's Pegasus?" Dad gave me my beloved winged horse when I was five - as soon as I was old enough to feel lonely.
"I thought he was sleeping in the broom cupboard! Check the cauldrons, maybe he's playing there again."
Sure enough, there he was, splashing in a fresh brew of Liquid Lucks. "Come here, silly horsey."
Some of the information/events in this chapter are kind of useless. What parts should I cut out, if any?
I cooed playfully, cuddled him in my lap before logging onto my email.
I had two new emails! I know, it’s pathetic, but this got me unusually enthusiastic. One is a forward about a sale at Flourish and Blotts. I skipped that one. The second is from Regina. 'The Rules of Being Plastic'.
I stared at the screen in astonishment after reading the title. Does this mean I’m officially plastic now? I did a little happy dance in my seat. Pegasus trotted around merrily, picking up on my euphoric vibe.
Inspired, I meticulously read each rule. Trust me on this; rules were not something the Plastics were short of. A majority of these rules seem utterly ridiculous, and they all had to do with fashion and outer appearance. I still don’t understand how being pretty makes the Plastics more popular than everyone else. After all, beauty is just one of many qualities, right?
'You can only wear a ponytail once a week.'
I don't understand where they came up with this rule, but whatever.
'On Wednesday, we wear pink.'
I'll have to ask Mom if she still has that cerise cardigan I wore to the Yule Ball.
To fit in with Regina George and the Plastics, I would do absolutely anything.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 2 at 2:23 pm
This is amazing. You really do have such talent and greatness in you. Thank you so, so, so much for sharing this. :)

StellaDPloom said...
Possibly? You mean, absolutely to be continued, right? I love this. I need more.

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Or I guess... you could have her wake up froma coma or something, and anthony and the vampires and her high school never happened or have it be a dream that was put on by her mother with a potion and to show her she sperfect just the way she is. That way, I think it would be better, and less....slightly creepyno offense. Like i said before, it is a very well written story, but the twilight element just put me off........ :)

HarryPotterLover30 said...
It is really good, although, I've never been a fan of  Twilight. I really just don't like it. It started out really good, but once you got to the vampire part it all kind of went downhill. Take out the vampires, continue, and it'll be perfect. :)