The Elementals | Teen Ink

The Elementals

By Emo_Princess, Clearfield, Utah
Emo_Princess, Clearfield, Utah

Author's note: me and my friend were bored one day and decided to write this. my point of view is Mishka s hers is Wophilia

Name: Mishka Demon Rains

Looks: Grey hair, purple eyes, outfit like ravens but all black

Likes: music, black, my sister Wophilia or as I call her Angel

Dislikes: Slade, my evil side

Friends: none yet

Nicknames: Demon, Miss, Sapphire

Powers: elements, ravens powers, reading minds

Bio: I used to live with my sister. That was until Slade killed our parents. He then captured me and promised he would teach me to use my power as long as I serve him. I don’t want to serve him; I don’t want to be evil. I know he killed my parents. And I also think he killed my sister, Angel. Hopefully someone can save me from this hell.

Name: Wophilia Angel Rains
Looks: Long white/pink hair, outfit like Mishka’s but all white
Likes: music, love, goodness in people
Dislikes: evil sometimes, Slade
Friends: aqua-lad, tram, mas & manos
Nicknames: Wolfie, Angel, Mystery, Mist
Power: control the elements; transform into any animal; any color, read people minds
Bio: My name is Wophilia Angel Rains. I have long whitish-pink hair, and red eyes. I dress exactly like my sister but in all white. On my utility belt I have vials containing a different element in each one. Ever since I was little I could change into animals and read peoples thoughts. I lost my sister to Slade when we were 15. I haven’t seen her since.

(Mishka’s/ Demon’s pov)

Angel and I were sitting upstairs on our beds talking, when we heard a loud noise. We ran downstairs and saw people running through the house. We ran back upstairs and jumped out of our window and onto our roof. I looked over to her and said “Promise me this that no matter what happens to me you will run. Don’t look back and try and save me, just run.”

“But I don’t want to leave you.” She said

“You might not have to; I’m just saying that in case you have to.” I said back

“Fine.” She said looking down.

As soon as she said that I felt something grab my back and try to pull me into the house.

“Angel, run!” I said as I got pulled all the way in.

The last thing I heard was a scream then I blacked out.

I soon woke up in this strange room. I then heard the door open and saw this guy walk in.

“Who are you? Why am I here? Where am I? What do you want?” I ask trying not to show fear.

“I am Slade. You’re here because I have chosen you for my apprentice. You are at my secret hideout. To have you destroy the Teen Titans.” He answered all of my questions.

“But I don’t even know how to fight or have any powers how am I supposed to do that?” I asked

“I will teach you to fight and you do have powers. Yours are almost the same as your sisters. What was her name again? Wolfie? No, oh that’s right it was Wophilia.”

I was shocked. How did he know my sisters name? How did he know we have powers? “What do I get in return for helping you?”

“You get to learn how to fight and how to use your powers.” He said “So will you help me?”

“Fine.” I said back

“Here is your new outfit.” He said handing me some clothes.

(Wolphilia’s/Angel’s pov)

“Angel, run!” those were the last words Demon said to me. The last thing I saw was this guy with a mask hitting her on top of the head. I screamed. Then he turned and looked at me. After that I ran. And then they followed me.

~2 hours later~

I fell down by the ocean. “Finally lost them.” I whispered.

“Are you okay?” I looked around to not see anybody. All of a sudden a guy appeared out of the water. I jumped with my guard up and thought ‘Who are you?’ I wasn’t going to reveal my actual voice to a stranger, so I just thought.

“My name is Aqua-lad…Are you hurt?” I shook my head ‘no.’Whoat’s your name?” he asked. I didn’t answer him, I just looked down. “You are a mystery, girl…Can I call you that…Mystery, that is?” I nodded my head ‘Yes.’

“Let me take you to my home.” He said as he started walking in the ocean. I understood what he meant and followed him. When I got far enough in the water I transformed into a dolphin and continue on.

~1 hour later~

We were finally there. When I broke surface I transformed back. Two twin boys were staring at me. I looked down at the water trying to hide the tears. They reminded me of my sister and me.

“You okay, Mystery?” Aqua-lad asked. I shook my head as he helped me out of the water. He points to each twin and says “This is Mas & Manos. They only speak Spanish.”

“Hola, Senorita.” They said simultaneously. I nodded a hello back. All of a sudden a small grey fish-like guy appeared making me jump.

“And this is Tram. He’s our engineer, sort of.” He said turning to his crew and said “This is Mystery…she is going to be a part of our team now.” I was looking around the place when I turned around and looked at him like he was crazy. I mean I don’t know how to fight.

He then walked over to me and asked “Do you know how to fight, Mist?” I shook my head. “Then I’ll teach you…We start tomorrow.” He then looked at Tram and said “Show her to her room.”

(Demon’s pov)

After I put the clothes on I walked out into the main part of the building. I saw Slade sitting in a chair.
“I have your first mission.” He told me.

”But what if I run into the teen titans. I don’t even know how to fight.” I reminded him.

“Your first mission won’t involve stealing so they won’t bother you.” He explained.

“What’s my mission?” I asked.

“You are going to pretend to be in trouble so that we can lure the titans out of their house so I can have a trap placed.”

“But how am I going to make it look like I’m in trouble?” I asked.

“My minions will pretend to attack you and all you have to do is run away and act scared.” He told me.

“Okay.” I said back and walked toward the room I was in before changed back into the clothes I had on before so that I could blend in like a regular citizen. After I was done I walked to the place where we planned doing the thing.

Once I got there Slade’s minions started chasing me like planed and I started to run and scream for help. I looked up and I saw a girl flying. She was wearing silver boots and gloves with a purple shirt and skirt.

“I’m here to help you grab my hand.” She said. I then reached up and grabbed her hand. She flew off and we ended up on a little island not that far from the city. There was a building on the island that was shaped as a T.

“Wow.” I said shocked.

“I’m Star fire by the way.” She said looking at me.

“I’m… Sapphire.” I said back hoping it wasn’t that obvious I was lying about my name.

“Nice to meet you Sapphire.” She said and led me towards the building.

“What is this place?” I asked looking around.

“This is my friends and my house or as we call it the titan tower.” She said.

I looked at here with pure shock on my face. “Wait so you are a teen titan?

“Yeah.” She said back.

“Um... I have to tell you something.” I said kind of nervous.

“What is it?” She stops walking and looked at me.

“Well um… first off he made me do it I never wanted to be bad or anything. I wanted to be good and fight against evil. But I don’t know if he has my sister or if she is even alive. I don’t really have a choice if he does have my sister I have to protect her no matter what that means I have to do.” I said

“Wait who is making you do what?” she asked.

“His name is Slade. He says if I become his apprentice and do whatever he says. That he’d teach me to fight and to use my powers. I don’t want to help him. I want to stop people like him.” I said about to break down into tears.

“Wait his name is Slade?” she asked to make sure she heard it right. I just nodded my head.

She then grabbed my hand and flew down the hall with me into what almost looked like a living room with a kitchen and a bunch of other stuff I don’t know what is. There were others in there. I tried to hide but the grip Star Fire had on my arm made it impossible for me to.

“Um… Star who is this?” Said a guy he had a mask that covered his eyes and spiky black hair.

“This is Sapphire she is the one I saved from Slade’s minions.” She said.

“May I ask why you brought her here?” said the guy again.

“I brought her here to make sure she was safe from them. But there is something I think you might want to hear it involves Slade.” She said. Just hearing her say his name almost made me shiver.

“What is it?” he asked suddenly interested in the conversation.

“Do you mind telling them what happened?” she asked me.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. I told them everything that has happened to me in the last few hours starting from when Wophilia and I were sitting on our beds before we heard the noise to now. The only thing I left out was my real name and what my powers are also the fact that I can use them.

I found out the guy’s name is robin all of the teen titans seemed very nice. Within minutes of telling them they had already come up with a plan to help me get out of the thing with Slade.

The plan they came up with is that I bring Star Fire with me back to Slade. Tell him that I had hit her over the head with something and it had knocked her out. Once there the rest would track star using the signal in her communicator and then we would attack Slade.

I couldn’t believe it these people barley knew me yet they were going to risk their lives to help me get away. Once this is all over I hope I will be able to find my sister. I hope she is safe.

After a lot of walking we finally made it to his hideout and I brought Star fire in and showed her to Slade.

“Good work apprentice.” He said to me. “Hand her over to me.”

“Why?” I asked “what are you going to do with her?”

Just then I heard a loud noise and looked back and saw the rest of the teen titans burst through the door. Star fire got out of my arms.

“Apprentice attack!” he said very forcibly.

“No!” I said and backed up to join my new friends.

(Angel’s pov)

‘Duck!’ I thought as aqua-lad goes to kick my head. Yep that’s right we started my training. I still haven’t said a word to anyone, instead I use sigh language. But only aqua-lad knows it so I have to go to him to say something.

‘Punch… finally I got a hit’ I thought as I punched him in the stomach. He then hit the ground. But he didn’t get up like normal. He just laid there. I ran over and noticed for the first time how beat up he was. I turned him on his back and I controlled the water over his body and started healing him with the water. Water was always easy for me to control, but to my sister fire was the easiest. After that I just sat with him waiting for him to wake up.

~1 month later~

He finally woke up! I had knocked him out for 3 hours before, I mean seriously. A couple days later his communicator alarm went off and he said “the titans are in trouble!”

‘The who?’ I sighed to him

“The teen titans… they are friends of ours.” He answered me. I nodded my head in understanding. “You’ve trained enough to help us, so come on.” 

(Demon’s pov)

“Titans go!” Robin yelled.

Since I didn’t know how to fight I mainly stood back and watched. I tried to help but all that ended up was me getting hurt. Beast boy turned into a rhino and slammed into Slade. Raven was using her powers to throw things at him. Robin and Cyborg were fighting him hand to hand. And Star fire was shooting her star bolts at him.

After a couple minutes of fighting him he finally gave up. He ran up to this device and pressed a button. “Maybe another time titans.” Then he looked at me. “I’ll be back for you.” Then he walked off.

~1 hour later in the city~

“Thank you for getting me out of that.” I said to them as we walked.

“Not a problem.” Robin Said. “That what friends are for.”

Star fire came up to me. ”Where are you going to live since you don’t know where your sister is?”

“I don’t know I have no money and I’m too young to rent an apartment.” I said back to her.

“You could stay with us.” Robin Said.

“I don’t want to be a bother,” I said and started to walk away when someone grabbed my arm. I looked back and it was Robin.

“You wouldn’t be a bother and that way we can keep you safe.” Robin said

“Thanks you guys. You’re the best.” I said and they all smiled.

We eventually headed back to our house.

~1 week later~

“I have to tell you guys something.” I said looking at them.

“What is it Sapp?” Robin asked.

“Nothing it’s just that when we first met I wasn’t completely truthful with you guys.” I said

“Truthful about what?” cyborg asked.

“Well first off my real name is Mishka Demon Rains. I have special powers…” I said

“You do what are they?” Beast boy asked interrupting me.

I giggled a little bit. “I can control the elements, I have powers that are the same as ravens, and I can read thoughts.” I said looking down. “My sister can control the element, and read thoughts to but her other power is more like beast boy’s.”

“Awesome.” Beast boy said I’m guessing about my sisters powers.

“That’s really cool that you guys can do all of that stuff.” Robin said.

“You guys aren’t mad at me for not telling you the truth?” I asked confused.

“We are your friends we would never be mad at you.” Robin said.

‘I have great friends now all I need is my sis back’ I thought.

~an hour later~

I was sitting outside watching the sunset.

“Do you mind if I join you?” I didn’t even have to look back to know it was Robin.

“Sure.” I said back still looking at the ocean. “Something about the ocean makes me feel close to my sister she always loved the water.”

“Don’t worry sapphire we’ll find her. She has to be out there somewhere.” He said.

~3 weeks later~

So it’s been almost a month since my conversation with Robin about my sister.

I still don’t know where she is.

I work with raven on my powers and my elements are getting better I’m strongest with my fire.

I was just finishing up dying my hair purple when the alarm went off. I stood up pulled my hood up over my head so they wouldn’t see my hair just yet, and ran out of my room down the hall and into the living room.

Cyborg was on the computer. The rest of them were standing around him.

“What’s going on?” I asked

“Cinder block is attacking the bank.” Cyborg said.

“Let’s go.” Robin said
~10 minutes later at the bank~

We had just arrived at the bank when we saw cinderblock crash through a wall.

“Stop right there Cinder block!” Robin said.

Cinder block mumbled a little bit. Then he started to walk away.

I brought fire to me and incased Cinder block in it trying to stop him. It didn’t do much he kept walking.

“What is he doing?” I asked.

“I don’t know but I’m planning on finding out.” Robin said. “Titans Go!”

We all took off after cinder block.

Raven was hitting him with rocks and other stuff that was all over the ground. Cyborg was shooting him with his canon. Robin was throwing his boomerangs at him. Beast boy was in his t-rex form and trying to block him so he couldn’t escape. I was using my elements to attack him.

I attacked him with my fire but he wouldn’t stop so I moved on to air and that would kind of slow him down but not much. The next element I tried was water but again it didn’t do much. I then used earth to throw rocks at him. “Nothing is working we are going to need back up.” I said to Robin.

“I’ll call our friend Aqua-lad.” He said back to me.

~Angel’s POV~

“Come on lets go~” aqua lad said. “The titans are in trouble, mist you’re coming to.”

I nodded my head and jumped in the water transforming instantly into a dolphin.
~10 minutes later. ~

We finally surfaced to see cinderblock attacking some strange looking people and a T-Rex… wait a T-Rex! All of a sudden the T-Rex transformed. My eyes almost bugged out of my head.

All of a sudden this guy with a mask walks up to me and aqua lad and says, “Come on… he’s getting away.”

“Mist… LOOK OUT!” Aqua lad yelled and he was pointing behind me. I turn around and saw the T-rex boy coming towards me. He hit me before I could jump out of the way, and transformed back.

He was laying on top of me his face inches from mine and in that moment I thought I fell in love, in love with a green eyed green haired, purple jumpsuit boy… and then he opened his eyes, they were the most beautiful shade of bright green I had ever seen.

“Oh, my gosh I’m sooo sorry… are you okay?” he asked, or yelled at, me. I just nodded my head sitting up. He helped me up and said “Run… get to safety.”

I looked at him like he was a nut. Then I shook my head and got up to help some girl in a cape.

“LOOK OUT!” I yelled as I ran in front of her and put up an air barrier. Then everyone just stopped and after a few moments I let down the barrier.

Aqua lad just looks at me, confused. “She speaks?” he asked/said to no one in particular. I turn towards him and say.

“Yes, I just haven’t, but I just feel like I have a connection with this girl.”

“Angel?” a familiar voice says behind me.

“The only person that called me that was Demon.” I said as a tear fell down my face.

The kid with the mask spoke again. ”Wait… Sapphire this is your sister?”

“Yes, Robin.” The girl stated.

I turned around to see this Robin kid and say. “What are you talking about? Some guy killed my sister right in front of me.” Then I just see a bright light behind me. After it starts fading I turn around to see Demon standing in that Sapphire girl’s spot.

“I’m not dead angel.” She says.

“Demon?” I run and hug her “It really is you.”

Then cinderblock goes and tries to hit me as the battle continues. I jump out of the way and look for my sister. I found her and yelled at her. “MISHKA, USE YOU ELEMENTS!” as I finished cinderblock tried to attack me again.

Demon starts using earth while I was using water. She trapped his feet while I used water to knock him over. With our combined power we defeated him.

~Demon’s POV~

I saw two people walk out of the water. It was a guy and a girl. The guy was dressed in blue, and the girl had white hair and outfit.

Robin ran over to them and says. ”come on… he’s getting away.”

“Mist… look out.” The guy said pointing behind her at beast boy in his T-Rex form. She then turned around and saw him. She didn’t have time to get out of the way when beast boy landed on her. Then turned back to his human form.

He was on top of her and I was about to run over and help them up, When she sat up & beast boy helped her up. She then shook her head no and ran over to help Raven.

“LOOK OUT!” the girl yelled as she put up an air barrier. In the next moment everyone stopped and looked at her.

“She talks?” he asks but not really asking anyone. She turns to him and says.

“Yes, I just haven’t, but I feel like I have a connection with this girl.” She says pointing at raven. She kind of sounds like angel.

“Angel?” I ask looking at her shocked.

“The only person that called me that was Demon.” She said

Robin then asks me. “Wait… Sapphire this is your sister?”

“Yes Robin.” I state.

She then turned around and said. “What are you talking about? Some guy killed my sister right in front of me.”

I then use my fire to change my looks back to the way they were before. When the fire started to go away angel looks back at me and I say. ”I’m not dead angel.”

“Demon?” she runs over to me and hugs me I hug her back and she continues to say. “It really is you.”

Just then Cinderblock tries to hit her and the fight is back on. I swerve around his arms and try to keep an eye on angel as cinderblock goes after her again. She than yells. “MISHKA, USE YOUR ELEMENTS!” as she finished saying that cinder block goes to hit her yet again.

I started using Earth to trap his feet while she is using water trying to knock him over. With our combined powers we beat him.

~a couple minutes after we capture Cinder block~

We were walking through the city and angel and I were getting caught up. It turns out that she has been with Aqua lad the whole time. I tell her what happened after I got captured by Slade. And how glad I am to have the teen titans on my side.

We all go over to the titan’s tower and I hang out with her in the living room as the rest of them are in the kitchen looking for something to eat.

“Can you believe it we are almost 16.” I said.

“I know I was worried I would have to celebrate it all alone.” She added.

“Wait… Sapp your birthday’s coming up?” robin asked me.

“Yeah.” I said.

“When is it?” he asked sitting next to us.

I blushed at his closeness and looked over at angel so robin wouldn’t see me blush. ”uh… well it’s on Saturday.”

“Demon you should uh… show me your room.” Angel said to me.

“Sure.” With that we stood up and walked out of the room.

We walked down the hall and no one said anything. When we made it to my room we sat on my bed.

“So what’s up with you and that robin guy?” she asked.

“What do you mean there is nothing going on with me and robin.” I answered truthfully there wasn’t anything going on between us even though I wish there was.”

“Oh please I saw the way you were blushing when he sat by you.” She said back.

“And what their isn’t something going on between you and BB. I saw the way you were looking at him on the way back to the tower.” I said back.

“There isn’t anything going on he doesn’t even know I exist I bet he just thinks I’m some pathetic girl.” She said looking down.

“I think he likes you cause I saw the way he was staring down at you when he landed on you.” I said. ”Now we should get back out there before they think something’s up and comes looking for us.”

“Yeah your probably right.” She said as we stood up and left my room.

I’m making it my mission to get her and beast boy together.

TO BE CONTINUED