New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Vampires vs. Shapeshifters

Author's note: this was inspired by a frined who is totally obessed with vampires
Author's note: this was inspired by a frined who is totally obessed with vampires  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Next »

A Day Out

"I came to make sure you were okay," he said coming to the edge of the cliff. I watched him carefully as he looked down. "Do you want to play a game?"
"What game?" I asked.
He took off his shirt and the suit was on underneath. Unlike mine his was blue, but it didn't sparkle. He slipped off his shoes and went to the edge of the cliff and stood there. "The dangerous game."
The dangerous game was when we played chicken. We would dive from cliffs to water and transform into a bird and fly up. Whoever went the lowest won? I went to the side of the cliff and looked down. I dangled my toes over the ledge. Then we jumped.
I felt like a bullet shot out of a gun by how fast we went. I looked toward the water and so did Jake. My eyes were full with air and my hair flew back in the wind. I was hoping that the cliff was going to support me. He transformed into a bird, but he never went up. I was going as fast as I could and nothing happened. He pulled up and I was headed for the water. I dove straight in and transformed into a fish. I swam to the top and saw Jake. He picked me up by his sharp claws and carried me to the shore. We got there and transformed into humans again.
"What a rush," he said.
"And a fun, thrilling experience," I added.
We began to laugh. We laid there on the sand looking towards the stars. He pointed out a couple constellations that were familiar to me. I started to name their names: "Leo, Gemini, and Hercules-"
He laughed. "Very good," he said. "It is such a lovely night, isn't it?"
I nodded and hummed a tune. He listened carefully and got confused. "What is that tune called?"
I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, but it is very catchy," I said. "And lovely to sing. It gets addicting after awhile."
He nodded and got back up. He held out his hand to me. I grabbed it and he helped me up again. I was freezing from the icy cold waters. I walked with him back to camp. We didn't want to change into animals to get there faster because to us all we needed to do was enjoy the moment and the living sounds of the forest. Everything was quiet and still. I could not help, but to think, what a great memory. We walked back to camp and he told me about himself that I never knew before. He seemed like he trusted me and that he didn't want to hurt me even if I had hurt him in the past. He was my friend that I trusted and that meant the world to me. He was there when I needed him and helped me through the tuff times in life that no one else could help me with. He put his warm arm around me to keep me warm. I had nothing to wipe off with and nothing to warm me. But little did I know Luke was watching me from a far. He was mad and wanted revenge. We got back to camp and everyone was silent. I reached for my robe and put it on. I sat the closest to the fire. Tina, Tory, Dalton, and even Morgan didn't make a sound. Only the crickets and the crackling noise from the fire could be heard that night. The moon shined full and the stars spread out over the sky. We all slept in the tent. Tory was the loudest when she snored and Dalton was twisting and turning. When everyone was a sleep I pulled out a locket given to me by my grandmother. I opened it and the rim glowed. It had a picture of nothing in it. It was just of trees and the sky. But to me it was the picture I had of Luke. Vampires couldn't show up in pictures so to me it was like a secret that no one else knew, but me and Luke. I smiled and held it close to my heart for protection and safe keeping. I slept in harmony. The nest morning I woke up and crawled out of the tent. Everybody was already awake and sitting by the fire roasting marshmallows.
"Morning ugly beauty," laughed Dalton. "How did you sleep last night?"
I gave him a dirty look. "Ha ha, very funny." I grabbed a marshmallow and put it on a long stick and held over the fire. I had to blow it of a couple times, but it still was tasty.
Tory looked at all of us. "I have a plan,"she said.
I looked at her with a full mouth and as I swallowed Morgan asked, "What's your plan?"
"We are to take down the vampire master in about a week or so," Tory explained.
I looked down at my second marshmallow. I didn't want to eat it anymore. Thinking of Luke getting mad at me was hard enough and I could not kill others anymore. Tory noticed me at once. "This is to be kept a secret. If you tell the vampires they might kill us before we get to their king.
I nodded. The sun began to burn our skins. I smiled at everybody as they didn't speak. I got up and walked into the forest. Jake followed close behind me. We talked about everything. I had to go home and he was joining me.
"So tell me Mrs. Prissy, what is the deal with you and the vampires?" he asked picking up a flower. He handed it to me. It was full of white and yellow pollen fell from it.
"What do you mean?"
He frowned as he brushed the pollen off his hands. "I mean are you guys friends? Or are you enemies? Or are you and the vampire family close?"
"We are pretty close," I said. I could see the sorrow in his eyes. He was trying to tell me something. I could feel his pain as he put his hand around me and held me close.
He began to smile again. "We are great friends aren't we?"
I didn't smile. "We sure are."
"I can't believe that we have known each others for this long. It kind of funny when you think about it the way I do."
"How is it funny?"
He looked at me. We stopped in the middle of the forest and looked at each other. He ran towards a tree and grabbed the branch. â€"How we can't stand each other, but yet we are still great friends like always.” He began to climb the tree. He held out his hand towards me to help me up. I grabbed it and got in the tree with him. We both raced to the top of the tree. I slipped and luckily he got me or I would have fallen to the ground. He pulled me to the branch again. We reached the top of the tree. I looked at the city as the city glowed from the rising sun of purity. Everything was mellow. The tree was blowing in the wind causing me to hold on with my dear life. I got scared in a hurry. I had no idea what I was going to do. It felt like the tree was going to brake. Jake laughed at me. I gave him a dirty look and turned into a bird. I soared into the air. I went into the clouds and looked down on the city. Everyone was wide awake and did not know about the people who lived there. They were all waving to each other and getting coffee to start their day. I watched a woman stroll her baby. She was talking on her business phone and the child was crying. I felt bad for them, but what could I do. I flew closer and turned into a chipmunk. I crawled through the streets. When the woman and child stopped I climbed up the side of the stroller. The baby looked at me. He began laughing. I hid under the child when the woman walked towards the sun. She put a blanket over the child's stroller. I crawled out from my hiding spot. The baby picked me up and held me close to his cheek. I turned into a snake and the child pulled me. It was so hard to get out of the tense of the child's strong hands. I looked around and crawled out of the stroller as a mouse. I crawled through the dark alley and changed into a human. I walked out and Jake greeted me.
"Thank god, I thought you were dead," he said giving me a hug.
"I'm sorry, but next time you might want to be quicker," I said with a smirk.
He gave me a bad look and pulled me through the town. "Don't you ever scare me like that again?" His grip was tight around my wrist. I couldn't budge my hand out. I sighed.
"I won't," I said still giggling. I knew he was mad, but he couldn't stay mad forever.
He stopped and looked around the town. "Maybe we should go for some hot chocolate since it is almost fall you know?"
I smiled as he pulled me close to him. I followed him to a little coffee shop on the corner. It had hardly any people in it. The place was filled with old men and bingo cards. They talked about football mostly. Jake pulled me to the counter. We stood there looking at a girl with sadness.
"What can I get you honey?" She asked pulling a pen out of her hair. She grabbed her note pad out of her apron and held the pen close to it.
"Two hot chocolates, please," said Jake.
The woman looked at me weird and then wrote down the order. Jake walked to the booth in the corner by the window. We sat in the booth and waited for the girl to bring us our order. She finally came to the table and set the hot chocolate in front of me. She kept looking at me weird. She put the other cup in front of Jake and walked away.
Jake looked towards the window. "The city is beautiful, isn't it?"
I nodded. "It sure is. I hardly ever get out of the house. Today is just-"
I paused looking towards the window. I saw all the people walking and talking. Jake looked back at me and said, "Yeah, I guess so. I hope that today will be better for you. Do you have any plans for the rest of the day?"
"No, why?" I was very curious.
He smiled at me and put money on the table. We walked out of the cafe and down the streets. I had no idea where we were going. "I am going to show you around town today," Jake said.
I smiled and followed him to the tallest building in the city. It stood stronger than ever before. I took out my phone and took a picture of it. Jake went into the picture, so he was in it too. He took me to a small apartment area. He walked in to it. It was dark and screaming people were there too. I stood behind Jake. Jake took my hand and held it with his. We walked down the hallway. Jake stopped at a door that said 456 on it. It was wore out and the door was about to lose the 5 on it. Jake pounded on the door. Then the five came off the door and onto the floor. He looked at me and back at the door. An old couple answered the door. They were around the forty ranges. They both smiled and hugged Jake. They pulled him into the room. He never let go of my hand. When he finally did they slammed the door into my face. I was confused. A guy looked at me weirdly down the hallway. Jake opened the door and grabbed my hand. He pulled me into the apartment and shut the door behind me. I was surprised how the adults acted. To me they were bouncing off the dang walls by the way they acted. They acted like they were 10. I smiled at them as one of them handed me a glass of water so fast that I didn't catch it in time and it spilled all over me.
"I'm sorry dearly," the woman said.
Jake frowned. "I will clean her up while you guys calm down."
He pulled me into the bathroom. He grabbed a towel off the floor and held it to my shirt. We looked at each other. He looked down. "I am very sorry. Those were my parents."
"They are very joyful," I admitted.
He didn't seem like he liked that comment very well. Luckily I had my suit on under my clothes, I thought to myself. He let go of my shirt. There was still a wet spot on it.
"Thank you," I said.
He turned towards me and laughed. "There is still a spot on your shirt though."
"I will be fine."
He looked at me and turned on the blow-dryer. He started to dry my shirt like that. I laughed at him. He smiled at me too. He took the dryer and put it up his shirt causing his shirt to blow outwards. I laughed still. He took it against my shirt again. We were still laughing at each other. I looked up at him to thank him once more, but I got lost in his eyes. I saw a lot of sorrow in them. He didn't mind the dryer for he too was looking at me. For once in my life I had no idea what was going to happen next, but I didn't care. All my worries had gone away. He leaned closer towards me. I put my hands on the side of the table and he did too. He was so close to my lips that he breathed on me. With every breathe he took i could feel myself losing mine. His mom slammed open the door and he pulled away.
"Are you children done in here yet?" she asked.
"Almost mother," Jake replied. He shut off the dryer and walked out of the bathroom still holding my hand. He pulled me into the living room. There sat his mom and dad. They were sleeping. Jake looked at me again. "I'm so sorry about my parents," he spoke. "This is what happens when they take their pills."
I nodded with disagreement, but I never showed it. He let go of me and went to the window. The calling of Cody riddled through my mind. I went to the window too. I stood by Jake and watched as the sun went down.
"Your friend is calling you," said Jake with a frown. "Are you sure you can't stay?"
"I'm sorry," I said. I could tell that he was upset. I transformed into a bird and flew out the window and to the vampires' den. When I got there it was dark and spooky like an old Halloween movie. I changed back into a human. I walked into the den and there sat Tyler. He used a knife against a log. He stared at me cautiously. "Hi," I waved to him trying to be cheerful.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

smurfette27 said...
May 10, 2013 at 1:52 pm:
you keep putting the vamp's name as both cody and luke. it's confusing.