2 Brothers part 1 (NEW) | Teen Ink

2 Brothers part 1 (NEW)

By iWriter365 BRONZE, College Park , Maryland
iWriter365 BRONZE, College Park , Maryland

You're off to great places, today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way- Dr. Seuss

Author's note: I edited the 2 brothers and then submitted it again, except with another chapter and a half. I know I could have just went to the old one and edit it, but who cares?

I'm not going to delete this book off of Teen Ink just in case people actually end up liking it... but I'm just saying, I tried redoing it because I really didn't like my writing skills, I still don't but please go check out True Brothers instead. (Besides this is no longer "new"

A woman's shadow cast upon an old brick house, mold wrapped around its edges, and rust smothered the joints of the door. She ran in the rain, a brown hood and cloak hid her from her surroundings. However, she traveled not alone, but she held in her hands, her first born. Her silky, brown hair, found its way to the hands of the baby. His hands curled around the hair, feeling around the strands of hair. He laughed in amusement, the mother smiled, yet, in that small happy moment with the baby, still a drop escaped from her blue eyes, and rolled down her cheek. This could be the last time she saw the child. She struggled in order to stop her tears; she did not want to cry in front of the baby.

She ran across the street, into a smaller house, though it was in far better shape, and safer than were she, and her baby had come. She had come forty miles to reach her destination. It had taken her days to get there, and she had trusted she had come to the right place. She did not leave the baby there; she lifted her fist, and knocked softly on the door. A tall, thin woman with straight, blonde hair answered the door. She looked down at the baby, and then looked at the mother, as if to question what was going on. The mother whispered to the woman, whose name was Zelda; a German name. The mother’s name was Dorin. And her son, John, whom was about the most frantic, hectic life of all.

Zelda cared for John, still not realizing, how cold hearted she was going to become inside.

Two years later yet again, Dorin came, with another child… his name was Mark. John stood at the side of Zelda, confused when Dorin gave him a hug, a stream of tears on her face, though she was happy to see him again, she had missed him very much. John, was very gentle and kind, he was not only good-looking in the inside because of his friendliness, but with brown hair curtaining over his eyes, not stopping his two light brown eyes shining through, he was very charming . Dorin, looked at her older son, John, and her newborn once more, then turned around quickly,
Forgetting to close the door behind her.
The reason she had been counting on Zelda to care for her sons, was that there was a war going on where she and her husband lived, she wasn't going to take any chances with her sons... or could she be hiding something?
Years later, when John was six years old, and Mark four; who now had jet-black hair covering his forehead. Zelda and her new husband, whose name was, well he called himself, Travestor, mistreated John; it started ever since both John and his brother could actually speak properly. Not only that, both Zelda and her husband decided, they would change Zelda's name into, Dolores,
meaning, “pain”. Both Dolores and Travestor (meaning disaster), realized they had advantage over these two boys, and did not need to treat or raise them tenderly, as their mother would have. Travestor rubbed his greedy hands together, “What shall we do with them?” he said with a large, ear to ear grin. Dolores laughed, “Why nothing, they are the ones who will be doing things!” Both of them laughed hideously. Many things would be changed.
***

Now, both boys were old enough for school. John was eight, and Mark was six. It was the first day of school, as they entered the building, Mark was frightened, and he quickly hid behind John, “Hey! Mark, it’s ok... you'll be fine, trust me.” He said with a smile. Mark slowly back to John's side, a tall girl came up to both of them, Mark slipped his hand into John's, and with his other hand, well, he put in his mouth, “Aww, who is this cutie?” She began, “Haw! It’s a puppy! Another one!” John tried to ignore the mocking voice, but that wasn't the end. Dunkan, the schools bully, fairly tall, but shorter than the girl next to John; Jade, was not one to be friendly, “Can I pet 'im?” Dunkan asked, “he's not a dog Dunkan, you're just saying that because he's cuter than whatever you are,” Dunkan was shocked to hear John talk back to him, but when he opened his mouth, Dunkan's friends called, “Your lucky, stupid, I swear I'll get you next time,”

John smiled, and looked at Mark, who was terribly shocked, and scared, because of all the girls that were surrounding him, luckily for John, the girls had been blocking the view of that monstrous Dunkan. However, it was nice that Mark was attracting girls to both him, and John.

John walked Mark over to his classroom, as soon as John and Mark entered the kindergarten classroom, a girl came up to Mark, “Hi, my name is Sally, do you wanna play with me?” Mark looked up at John for assurance, John smiled at him, and Mark smiled back. Then ran off. John turned around, but he turned around too fast, he bumped into Jade, “So..” “So? I don't like the sound of that-” “Why not?” “I-I, just don't-” “Look, are you busy tonight?” John looked at her wide-eyed, “Woah! We're just friends; at least I thought so...” “Well then, can, “just a friend” meet me at the park at 7?” “Uh, well… my parents wouldn't, I-I uh, um, well... on the first day of- don't you think we're a little...” John seeing as how, he didn't completely finish any of those sentences, sighed and just looked up at Jade slowly, first he saw, two brown, fuzzy boots with pom poms hanging from the top, then two beautiful legs, that led to her jean mini skirt, and a spaghetti strapped shirt, that stopped at her bellybutton, finishing with her blonde , waterfall of hair, and a very tempting look on her face, “I'm wearing cherry lip-gloss!” John hesitated, “Jade!” “What?” John opened his mouth, but his voice was replaced with the school bell. “We'll talk about it at lunch, bye!” She yelled as she ran through a crowed of students. John's mouth was dropped open, when the principal walked up to him from behind and lifted his chin in order to shut his mouth, “Don't leave your mouth open John, you don't want any flies in there,” She said with a smile.

John climbed up the stairs of the bus with Mark. He had to listening to Mark's long story about his day at school… he remembered everything. That day, Mark decided he liked girls.

When they got home, immediately ran to Dolores, to tell her about his day. John came in and walked up to Dolores also, he tried to get her attention, but he didn't want to interrupt, “Uh, excuse me.” Dolores looked John in the eye, but stopped Mark anyway, “Hold on Mark, sweet-heart.” Mark looked down, bit his lip, and tried to keep in mind what he was talking about so he wouldn't forget, “Now, what is it that's so important you have to interrupt Mark?” She asked putting her hands on her hips, “There’s a girl at school named Jade, and-” “Oh, a girl, already at this age? Well, you can't let her down... do whatever, like I care.” She said pushing him into the door, “go ahead,” “But, she said at-” “I don't care what time she said to meet her, leave now before I get angry.” John put his head down, and walked out the door.
***
John arrived at the park, he knew which one because it was the cities park, the biggest one there, and not to mention the only one in that city. He sat down at one of the wooden benches, and began to calculate how long he would have to wait. He got home at 4:20, and it probably took him about 45 minutes to get to the park since he had to walk there, so it was 5:00. He could probably do his homework in the time he had to wait, “Wait a minute!” He had his homework; he was kicked out of the house before he could remove his backpack! Sometimes you have to thank some of the cruelest parents. John thought to himself. Though he thought it was strange he didn't remember he was carrying his backpack the entire time. Luckily for him he had math for homework, that would take him a while.

Finally it was, 7:00 sharp, and he was done with his homework. It was nice having a break from home for once, and he wasn't going to get in trouble for not being there, and he wouldn't get a beating for it. But, there was just one problem, he was waiting for a girl, what was he going to do? He didn't know how to handle girls; on top of that, she was planning to KISS him? Blah he thought, it was true, 8 years old, was definitely too young for something like that! It was a good thing he wasn't thinking out loud, because, to his surprise, Jade was right next to him, “Hi John!” “AAAH!” The scare caused his back to hit the end of the bench, “AUGH!” he yelled grabbing the part of his back that was hit. Jade was confused, he wasn’t hit that hard, but she didn't say anything, “I-I, mean, H-how long have you been sitting there?” “Long enough, come with me!” “Uh,” “COME! WITH! ME!”She said thoroughly.

Minutes later, they arrive at the middle of the park, where there is a large, fountain, of alabaster stone. John's eyes widen, and shine in the sun's last gleam of light, it's pink, orange, and yellow color shone in their faces. A romantic feeling filled both of them, after all, there is nothing more romantic than a sunset. John looked at the scene, amazed, “Beautiful isn't it?” Began Jade. John gazed over at Jade slowly, “Y-yeah, I guess.” Jade noticed there was something wrong with him, she slipped her arm around his, and pulled him to the nearest bench. She got closer to him, and rested her chin on his shoulder. John looked into her crystal blue eyes, and lifted her chin. Her hair slipped in front of her eyes, John removed it slowly and placed it behind her ear. Jade closed her eyes, and instantly their lips pressed together. Forgetting that they were too young. Saying, what eight-year-olds?

Back at home, Travestor was not very happy, “Where is that boy? He knows he's not supposed to be out of the house after 8! I'm gonna beat that boy! Beat him-” “Travey, darling, I aloud him to be out of the house, he's with a girl,” Travestor's expression changed completely, “Oh? You were that tired of him weren't you? Ha Ha, a girl huh? That changes everything!”

“Ha! Too young? Who’s too young?” John's mind was wondering off, he did not realize what he was saying, was it because he could not understand himself, since his lips still grazed on hers? He was losing it! As was Jade, “Eight-year-olds apparently,” she replied, “Oh, eight-year-olds! Whose eight? Are you eight?” “Oh! Of course not!” “You better not be,” Then suddenly it occurred to them, “(gasp!) Woah!” John said pushing Jade away gently, “What were we thinking?” “I know, but, we're still not eight right?” “Definitely!” She declared beginning to kiss him again. Every now and then, people would stop and stare, some thinking it was cute and gazing in aw, others would point and say, “Aren't they a little young to be frenching?” Either way, John and Jade didn't care.

***

Dazed, John arrived home, but quickly snapped out of it, when he realized where he was. He looked at the concrete floor on the porch; he wished his date with Jade had never ended. Travestor hid in the background, as he watched John climb up the stairs through the window. John slammed the door behind him, and dropped his book bag on the ground, “Well... isn't this a surprise?” He said, filled with sarcasm, “Dad! I can explain!” “Can you? We'll just have to see about that.” “No, Dolores let me, and I didn't tell anybody about here, honest, I swear!” Travestor chuckled, “That's cute kid, does someone need more scars on their back? Or should I-” “No! Please, I'll do anything!” John looked into Travestor's cold, bloody red eyes, though he knew they were contact lenses, they terrified him, “Anything? Well then, that's different!” His fake smile disappeared; he was not amused, “Loose the shirt boy!” John's eyes filled with tears, “Dad!-” “Do it! NOW! Before I do it for you.” He said in a deep, dark voice.

Travestor pointed to the direction the backyard was, slowly John walked towards the back door. Travestor was getting annoyed on how slow he was going, “Speed it up, would you?” He said giving him a whack. John fell to the floor, “I'm getting angry John!” Travestor kicked John in the guts, “Augh!” John bent over, groaning in pain. “Oh, you think I should beat you here? Well ok, but outside we don't have to clean up the blood, because all the animals lick off the rocks and soil.” He said with a dry laugh. John got up, and made his way outside. But stopped at the door, Travestor laughed, and pulled him by his arm all the way outside. Dolores was playing with Mark outside, so she quickly covered Mark's eyes, and rushed him inside. Travestor threw John to the ground, and picked up a large broken branch. Lifting the branch high, he began to hit John's back with it. Every time, he wacked him with it, John would let out a yell. Travestor smiled, as he overheard Mark inside, “Why is John screaming mommy? I wanna see!” Travestor and Dolores, were evil people, and wanted to teach John, and Mark their ways too. However, John completely disagreed, and never did anything that he was taught by them. Mark, was still young, but Travestor and Dolores, had a feeling they had a chance with Mark. And they did.

Years later, John was 13 and Mark was 11. John came in limping, which is why Mark beat him in. Why didn't he help his brother? Travestor and Dolores made their move on him... evil now filled Mark! People surrounded John, asking him if he was ok, or asking him what happened, but he said nothing... only two other people at school, knew what had been happening to him: his brother, and his who was now his girlfriend, Jade. No one didn't feel sorry for him however, countless times this year had he come in like that. Everyone felt sorry for him except one person of course, “Is that the only way you can get a girl's attention John?” Mark scoffed. John looked at his little brother angrily, “back off Mark,” Mark looked down at his brother, who was almost on his knees because of his leg, “Make me,” “Alright, BACK OFF TWERP!” A feminine, yet fearsome voice yelled from behind. Mark turned around quickly, to find out who had dared say that to him, “Jade!? You think I am afraid of you?” “Yeah, now back off before I make one of your blue eyes, swollen and purple!” Mark was ready to blow but not here, not now, “Fine! Jerk...” He said, bumping in to her on purpose and walking away from her, “Hmph, what a- never mind, are you OK John?” John looked up at her awkwardly, “Yeah, I-I guess...” Jade frowned, “he did it again, didn't he!?”, John lowered his head, Jade sighed and put his arm around her shoulders to boost him up, “When are they ever going to stop, John?” she asked, and walked him to the nurses office. The nurse had a look at him, “Hmm, I don't know if I can do much, you're seriously hurt, I'm going to have to call the doctor.” The nurse urgently picked up a red, shiny, phone that hung against the wall, in the corner. John sat on the counter next to the nurse, but he was worried, “Um, ma'am?” The nurse looked over at John, and covered the mouth of the phone, “yes dear?” she replied, “Please don't tell my parents about this...” “About what?” She asked suspiciously, “That I went to the nurses office, and had the doctor called,” “Oh we won't charge them dear, we'll charge whoever in the school did it,” John then realized, this was the first time he ended up in the nurses office, he had always let go of it, and went to class the way he was, “No, it wasn't anyone at school... i-” “What!? But what do you mean to say? Who did it?” “M-my parents Miss,” The nurse gasped, and covered her mouth with her hands, “We have to call the police immediately! They will take care of this!” “NO! Don't, I'll get in trouble!” “Oh but John, They won't be able to hurt you anymore, the police will take them away, and well, you'd have to stay with someone else,” John was getting annoyed, “The police will attempt to stop my parents, they won't succeed, and they’re going to come after me, no one can save me from them!” “I realize you may fear your parents greatly but-” “If you won't listen to me! Then no-one will!” He slipped off the counter quickly but carefully, and then hurried out the door, limping with every step, “John! Wait!” John walked out into the hallway where, students still were chatting and hanging out, and then Mark saw him, he looked over John, Ok, no Jade, Mark thought to himself. Then, Mark started a scene all over again, “Oh, look, it's Mr. Naive! Ha Ha Ha!” “Do us all a favor and shut up Mark!” Everyone in the hallway awed at the situation, then came closer. Even though, people were nearing to see what would happen next, they were still concerned about John, “Oh, don't pay him any attention, he's faking it! Can't you tell?” The student's looked at each other, whispering to each other in confused voices, “Hey, John, are you really faking it?” A friend named Ted asked, “No, I wouldn't lie to you, but everyone knows Mark would.” He pointed out, “Good point, I'm glad you weren't lying to me, but, seriously what happened to you?” He asked putting his arm around John to brace him, before John could answer, Mark smiled and said, “Thanks for holding him Ted; I have to hand it to you. You and your black skin are smarter than I thought!” Mark neared his brother, and quickly, without hesitation, punched him in the ribs, “Augh!” John fell to his knees, and hugged himself, it was recently that he had bruised his ribs, when Travestor, had pushed him to the ground, hard! “John!” Ted tried to help his friend up, but Mark pushed him away, “He's mine!” He yelled kicking John in the face, John's head flipped back, and he landed on the ground hard. Blood streamed from between his lips, and a drop of blood slipped down his cheek onto the marble floor. Mark pulled him up by his collar, and looked him in the eye, “I think it’s time I finish you off! Personally!” He said, spitting in his face, “Put you out of your misery!” He said with a grin. John, weakly, moaned back, he looked angry, but his face softened when, he realized, how much his brother had changed, he was upset, to see his brother, treat him this way... he must have been confused! Mark slowly raised his fist, and began to punch him continually. Finally, someone had to speak up, “Dude! Y-your beatin' him bad, uh, don't you think, y-you should maybe, uh, STOP?” Mark stopped for a moment, and turned over to, who seemed to be, Dunkan... “You of all people, to tell ME, to stop hurting HIM. Isn't that ironic?” He said teasingly,“Look,Mark...I-”“Dont you, 'look, Mark' me! Yeah, and how about you go to-” “Don't you say it punk!” Dunkan yelled, pulling Mark towards him. “Me and my gang, think it's cool to push John around, but we wouldn't go that far!” Dunkan said pointing at John, and a crowd of kids trying to help him up, or aid him. Mark looked at the ground, he scanned the pattern of squares, his right foot was on a violate square, and his left, on a tan, and the pattern continued on and on, until it reached the glass doors in front of the school, he looked up at Dunkan, “Alright, you bunch of sissies! Go ahead! Go easy on my punk brother, I won't, I won't be “friendly” to him, and I won't treat him well, I never will!” Mark zipped up his aeropostale sweater, and ran down the hallway. John looked at his brother run angrily down the hallway, will he ever learn? He thought.

John walked to the other side of the room with his head hunched into his shoulders, and his hands balled up into a fists. He looked into the pitch-black eyes of a man across the room, his head was clean of hair, his sensei, cliché, mustache hugged his cheeks, and hanging from his chin, was a a small braided beard that stretched down 2 ½ inches. John's face softened, as he looked deeper into his warm gaze, “Master, I can't do this, I wasn't made for this... I never was! It was an accident meeting you, I'm an accident!” John yelled, running his fingers through his hair, “You were no accident, Snake-eyes... you have been quite the fighter these past years, and you have impressed me greatly. You know you have been my favorite-” “Oh, Master.. no, I can't be your favorite, what about your-” He signaled John to stop, before he could continue, “Pay no attention to him, young one, focus on what you are doing now... you may find this a challenge, but you will face, many other challenges in the future. And when those challenges come, you will be ready, and this challenge will no longer be difficult, but simple... childish even!” “But-” “But! If you refuse to persevere, you will never make it there!” The Master smiled , and put his strong hand on John's shoulder, “Now, are you going to give up?” “No sir...” The conversation died. Though John had been moved by his Master's words, he still believed, it was a mistake to come into the Master's life... It had now been 5 years, ever since he met the Master, when he was 8... John was walking back home , from school, his head was down and he walked slowly down the street, a boy was walking across the street, the street light shone red, telling the cars to stop, but someone over saw it. John looked up and saw a green truck racing towards the boy, “Look out!” He shouted, he ran towards the boy and pushed them both to the other side of the street. The boy looked up, his eyes were green like the grass, and his hair was the color of coal, “Hey, w-what's going on?” John pointed back to the street, and the boy looked over, and saw the green truck racing down the street, “Thank-you... I wouldn't have noticed that until it was to late!” “You're welcome,” the boy reached his hand out to shake his hand, “Hi, my name is, uh, well... you can call me Storm Shadow,” “Um, OK...” John and Storm Shadow became very good friends, and one day, Storm Shadow decided it was time, to introduce John to his uncle...

“John, there's something you should know...” “what do you mean?” “Follow me.” And that is when he met the Master, the master was very pleased to meet the one who saved his nephew! So he taught, the secrets of martial arts, and everything he knew, to John. The Master loved him, and admired his great skill, “I will call you Snake-eyes, because you see through the eyes of a serpent,” John was very honored to be loved, and found impressive to the Master, in fact, to anyone at all! Though, he did not mean to hurt the feelings of Storm Shadow... Storm Shadow realized, that he was now ignored by his uncle, and John was now his favorite. The Master gave all of the secrets, advantages, and special moves to John, and when Storm Shadow asked to be taught, the Master only said, “your not ready,”

“Very good Snake-eyes! You have done it. Once again, you believed, and succeeded.” “But-” it was to late, the Master had already left. John had done it again, after trying and trying again, he finally had the Masutā no michi. Meaning; way of the Master. That was it, he was now as professional has he could possibly be... the Master had taught him everything, but what would storm shadow think?

John walked out of the dojo, though he bumped into someone, “Mph!” John looked up quickly, “Storm Shadow! I, uh...” “Drop it John, I already know you're his favorite, and he'll pay for it... I don't blame you for being perfect!” He said storming down the hallway. “What did he mean, he's going to pay for it?” John asked himself.

* * *

BLAM! It was raining hard, and the lighting was coming in close. John ran as fast as he could, it was 10:00 P.M. It was difficult to get out of the house, which he was surprised, that him and his brother were still forced to live with Dolores and Travestor, when he was 19! He should have been aloud to go where he wanted by now... well, Mark was. He had to escape out of the window, otherwise, who knows what Travestor would do to him... he could be put in jail for life, if someone found out what Travestor had been doing to John all these years. John never had to escape to get to the dojo before, since the hours he would come to practice, were the hours he was aloud out of the house. Sure, he could probably take Travestor and Dolores down now, but he was not as evil as Travestor, and he had no heart to hurt anyone. Especially not a woman, but Travestor? He would just escape from prison and kill John!

John arrived at the dojo, and kicked the door open. He ran in then looked down. He looked at that one spot in terror, and backed off shaking his head in disbelief, “NO!” He shouted, falling to his knees. The Master, lay on the ground, someone had stabbed him in the back. Near by the Master, where foot prints... who did this? He thought- Storm Shadow! He looked up slowly, and there was his chance, a black leather suit caught his eye, he did not know if he was worthy of the costume that belonged to Yoru no kage, meaning; night's shadow. It didn't matter, he was going to get to the bottom of this, worthy or not.

John knew something was up, when Storm Shadow was gone, on the exact day he said, “Tomorrow when you get to the dojo, my uncle is going to be very relaxed, he's going to have a good day because of me... or should I say, good night?” But still, how come he didn't think, he was just spending time with his uncle? It was obvious, when Storm Shadow left from where John and him usually hang-out, with a knife-

“Why are you taking out that knife?” “N-no reason, just, wanted to- MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!” - It was quite immature of Storm Shadow, but he was 3 years younger.

* * *

Snake-eyes moved gracefully through the night, he jumped high above the trees, from building to building. And then, THERE! A creeping shadow, slithering across the sidewalk. A small fragment, of the man, casting the shadow, could be seen, his eye peeked from behind a wall. The man ran like a blur, into a dark alley, “That's him!”

Snake-eyes landed hard on the concrete floor, and faced the man standing a few feet away from him in the alley. Snake-eyes started approaching him, “Show yourself, you can't hide from me!” Snake-eyes said angrily, “I don't know why you did this to your own uncle Storm Shadow, but you’re going to pa-” “Storm Shadow? Ha Ha Ha, you must be mistaken!” Snake-eyes was confused, he got closer to the man, “Storm Shadow hired you, didn't he? DIDN'T HE!?” He yelled, shoving the garbage can the man was hiding behind, “I'm losing my patience with you,” he said grabbing the man's shirt collar, and pulling him into the light. And then... that did it, he dropped the man, he couldn't believe what he was seeing, “M-Mark?” “Brother... how are things?”Mark teased, “No! Storm Shadow hired you?” “Ding, ding, ding! That's correct Johny, and you better get used to me and him working together, because soon, he's going to be working for me! And we are going to beat your little-” “Mark, you can't do this... this isn't the real you!” Mark let out a dry laugh, “Oh isn't it? I've always been this way.” “No you haven't, that's Travestor and Dolores using you!” Mark looked shocked, “Shut-up!” He commanded, “They're taking advantage of your life, they're ruining your record...” “John... stop-” “You've been in Juvie five times this month!” “I said shut-up!” He said breaking a wine bottle into Snake-eyes's ribs. “Augh !” “Don't worry was nonalcoholic,” He joked pushing him into the garbage cans behind him, and then running off.

Snake-eyes got up slowly, and dusted himself off, then looked around. He walked out of the alley, and there he was running as fast as he could, Mark knew Snake-eyes was going to make him pay, and he didn't want that!

Snake-eyes chased after him, slipping through tight spaces, jumping over fences, and cars, and running obstacles. Mark ran not too far ahead, and finally made a sharp turn, breathing hard, he had to catch his breath or he would blackout in the middle of the chase! As soon as he looked over, to his surprise, a drunken hobo stood right there smiling toothless at him. Mark looked at him strangely, and then attempted to start running again, but the hobo had a tight grip on Mark's shoulder, and his sleepy hazel eyes, looked into Mark’s and his overgrown dark brown hair, shook in Marks face as the wind blew... “Ooh, you little!” Mark yelled punching the hobo in his face, and racing ahead.

Mark looked back and realized, Snake-eyes was no longer there, “I lost him!” Mark said, which was surprising, because of the delay with the hobo. He kept running, thinking he was getting away, but not only that, he was running towards a certain destination, he had to meet someone in a few minutes in fact! Mark looked forward again, “Aaaah!” There Snake-eyes waited in front of him, “I hate you and your “sneaky ninja” moves!” “It ends here Mark, you're coming with me!” “I sincerely doubt that 'Snake-eyes'!”

Both Snake-eyes and Mark looked up. A man behind a metal mask, stood next to a woman with long black hair, and glasses circled around her eyes, named Baroness. Her hair danced in the wind caused by the turning blades, as they flew low above ground in a helicopter, “Destro!” Mark yelled at the man in the helicopter, how happy he was to see him. Snake-eyes began backing away, to sneak of in the dark of the woods. Behind him, were two large guards who quickly grabbed him, and chained him. Why didn't he put up a fight instead of trying to get away? He never had all this time, he didn't want to get involved in things, he didn't want to play hero... and why did he chase after his brother? He didn't want his brother to get into anything either, he was protecting his brother. As he was being pushed into the helicopter, he thought, what ever happened with ordinary lives? Unfortunately, Snake-eyes was about to be caught up in heroics after-all, for a very long time.

Snake-eyes stared at the floor longingly, if only there was a way to stop the hatred in Marks heart. He looked over at Mark, who was smiling teasingly at him, “You look so cute in those chains!” Mark laughed. John was losing his temper, he got up quickly, but a guard restrained him, and sat him down again. Destro leaned over at Mark, whose hair was glued to his for-head, and dripping with water, “How did you ever lure him here?” Mark looked up at Destro, “It's a long story, why?” “Oh, Storm Shadow will be very pleased to have him as a surprise... do you know of Storm Shadow?” “We've met,” he said, not mentioning the horrifying way they had met, “Wait, so Storm Shadow's with Cobra?” “Yes, and so will you soon enough...” Destro replied with a smile.

When they arrived at Cobra base, Mark looked over at his brother being pushed down the hall, “Nice costume by the way,” Mark, said to Snake-eyes. Snake-eyes ignored him completely, and kept walking. Mark looked at Destro whisper into one of the guard's ears, and watched a large smile creep up the guard's face. They entered a large, almost empty room, except for a great, gold chair, and a candle on a red wood table next to the chair. There was a man in the chair, but the room was so poorly lit, he was difficult to identify. You could see his two eyes gleaming in the darkness, as the flame's glow, reflected off of his eyes. He leaned forward to reveal himself, “Hello, 'Snake-eyes!” He said tauntingly, “Do I know you?” Snake-eyes asked, the strange white masked man, the man indicated the guards, Destro, and Baroness to leave, then looked back at Snake-eyes, “Of course you do, John!” Snake-eyes looked at the man wide-eyed, how did he know who he was? The only way he could possibly know was... but no! It couldn't be, “Storm Shadow!?” “That's right...” “But how? Why?” “What are you talking about?” He asked, “Why did they bring me here? And how did they know about my code-name?” Snake-eyes asked pointing at himself, though his other hand had to follow, for his wrists were still wrapped with silver metal, “I told them about you, but don't worry... they don't know who you REALLY are, that's why I sent them out. But that doesn't mean I'm protecting you, I'm going to hurt you badly!” “Then what's the point of keeping my secret identity a secret?” “Oh I'm keeping you alive! However, I realized, he treated you completely different from me, and I'm his nephew! That was bad enough, but I want something from you...” “And where does the “hurting badly” come in?” He mocked. Storm Shadow frowned, “Tell me the secret to Masutā no michi,” “No! That's-” “Oh really?” Storm Shadow asked snapping his fingers, “Oh, and by the way, this is where the hurting badly starts,”

The two largely built guards entered the room again... Snake-eyes turned around and faced them. One of the guards wore a muscle shirt, and some jeans, an overgrown beard covered most of his face. The other, a tight leather jacket, and khakis. They both smiled at cracked their knuckles, “This is gonna be fun Tony,” one of them cackled, “Sure is Ralph,” said the other. Tony removed his leather jacket while Ralph grabbed Snake-eyes, “Now, let's try this again... give me the secret!” “No.” Snake-eyes replied firmly. Storm Shadow looked at the two guards, who were smiling greedily, Tony began raising his fist, “Hang on Tony, let’s give him a few chances to make a smart choice!” He said smiling down at Snake-eyes, “Alright, you're lucky I'm having mercy on you Snake-eyes! Give me th- you're ignoring me! Look at me Snake-eyes! Look at me!” Still Snake-eyes looked down, ignoring Storm Shadow, “YOU!-Boys!” Tony reached out and yanked his head up violently, “Ugh... no matter what you do to me, I'm not giving in... face it Storm Shadow, you'll never get it out of me!” “What?! Why you- never mind the extra chances, you're gonna pay for this! And there's another thing, you don't have a weapon, so there's nothing that can help you now! They going to hurt you, and I'M not going to do anything about it!” He yelled walking out of the room, “What if he does have weapons boss? Like those secret ones?” Asked Ralph, Storm Shadow turned around, “*sigh* very well, pat him down.” Ralph slammed Snake-eyes against the wall, “AGGHHH!” Storm Shadow smiled as he listened to them, slam him into the wall, and hear him scream in pain from the harsh slam into the wall. Tony looked over at Ralph, “Nothin',” Tony said. Ralph smiled back, throwing Snake-eyes to the ground. Ralph reached behind him and pulled out a crowbar, and this is one of those times that bring John back his flashbacks, Ralph and Tony began punching him, and beating him until he lost consciousness, then they left him there.

He woke up hours later. At first, everything was blurry, and then his eyes focused on a woman with the reddest hair, and green eyes, “Oh my God!”

on Feb. 19 2015 at 1:37 pm

I'm also embarrassed of these comments please forget about them. I changed their age to 5th or 6th graders btw. I'm going to keep improving it until it's perfect thanks for the advice :)

on Feb. 19 2015 at 1:32 pm

Sorry I was a rude and weird 13-year-old, I took your advice and forget all the other stuff I said I was being weird I didn't know anything.. just, I'm so embarrassed of that comment.

on Feb. 10 2012 at 3:36 pm

Oh, and BTW... they aren't to young, OK they are, but it's fiction, plus I've made-out with someone at that age... :) yeah, I know, not your everyday girl.

on Feb. 10 2012 at 3:34 pm

Yeah, I'll change the punctuation later, but the age thing... it's not that big of a deal, my first kiss was when I was in 3rd grade, it was also my first french kiss :P, probably other things, but I won't tell you all that. :/

byebye said...
on Dec. 28 2011 at 7:48 pm
byebye, Nevermore, Other
I think you have a great story in the making here. However, you do need a little work on your punctuation, as the excessive commas can be a little bit confusing. As Jappy said, the age-relationship is a bit confusing. Maybe make it a bit more understated and more obviously childlike. Keep writing, though, I can tell you have big potential! :)

on Dec. 28 2011 at 6:35 pm

well, changing the age thing, wouldn't work out for me.. but if I slowed down the aging, the story would be too long, he has a long story behind him. Oh and guess what? I'm working on an animation based on it, that probably won't be confusing :), Im also drawing pics

on Dec. 28 2011 at 6:22 pm
Jappyalldayeveryday, Detroit, Michigan

They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of an eye

I thought the romance between John and Jade was cute, but you have to make them a little older, like 10 or eleven, because I don't think 8 year olds would ever kiss the way they did....It got a little confusing in the end, it seemed like he was aging so quick.