The Guardian: Book 2 of The Assassins

Chapters:   1 2 Next »

Loraine Stone

“Loraine! Get up! School starts in an hour!” Wendy my adoptive mom yelled while knocking on my door.
“Okay Wendy! Chill out! I’m up!” I yelled frustrated. I swung my legs over the edge of my bed grudgingly. I sat up and immediately felt a head rush. I groaned and put my hand on my head.
“Are you up yet?” Wendy asked through the door.
“Yeah just give me a second!” I yelled and heard her walk away.
I got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom and took a hot shower before brushing my teeth and getting dressed in my High School uniform. The uniform was dreadful but it was required; what else could you expect from a rich kid High School. When I was ready I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs to find everyone getting ready to leave. I grabbed a banana and ran out the door to my older brother William’s car since we go to the same school but he is a senior. I hopped in and began eating my banana.
“You know it isn’t good to scarf down food right?” William teased and I giggled but slapped him playfully on the shoulder.
“Sorry I wasn’t aware.” I answered back and turned up the radio and my favorite song was on. I guess it was too loud for William because he was about to reach for the volume knob and turn it down.
“Will?” I asked in a sweet voice and put on my best seductive face. He turned to look at me. He stared at me in utter awe as I batted my eyelashes and let my eyes control him.
“Leave it at the volume I put it on.” I commanded in my mind and he put his hand back on the wheel. I smiled and turned away from him; leaving him hopelessly confused but he didn’t change the volume. My powers confused me and excited me at the same time. I was confused because I had no idea what it is about my face that drew people in and because I didn’t know where these powers came from or why I even have them. I was excited about having them because they worked to my advantage; I mean who wouldn’t want powers that allow you to make people do what you want? But the thing is that I have no idea of how much power I contain because I was always too afraid to ever push myself. All I know is when I run or when I get angry my back tingles as if something is trying to come out but I don’t know what. I can control people through my mind using my eyes and my good looks and I also have super strength and speed. I definitely felt bad about using my powers on Will because he is the best brother anyone could have but I knew if I asked him to leave the volume he wouldn’t listen. When we got to school I hopped out of Will’s car and went to the school yard in search of my friends but didn’t see them. So I stood by the building and waited for them. I waited for about 5 minutes until I felt like I was being drawn to the back of the building. At first I wasn’t going to go but then I decided I would go and see what was attracting me there. I walked around to the back of the building unnoticed and found that no one was there just the forest which is full of wild animals but I still stood next to the dumpster and looked around to see if anyone was there. All of a sudden the pull was becoming stronger until I felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see a tall man with strikingly bright blue eyes staring down at me with a wide smile on his face.
“Loraine… you’ve grown so much and you are so gorgeous.” He said in a deep voice.
“Who are you, and how do you know me?” I asked while taking a step away from him.
“I am Xavier… your uncle.” He said and I felt my heart drop.
“What?” I asked making sure I heard him correctly.
“I am your uncle Xavier.” He repeated.
“How do I know you’re telling the truth?” I asked suspiciously.
“Because I know what you are and what you can do.” He answered.
“Okay… if you are my uncle tell me things about myself.” I challenged him and he smirked as if he knew everything.
“You’re name is Loraine Isis Stone, you are 14 years old, you’re birthday is in one month, my sister Mary Stone was you’re mother, she died in a car crash when you were an infant, you have an older brother Maxx Stone and a… older sister… her name was Alexa Stone…” he said but I cut him off.
“You said was, why did you say her name WAS Alexa Stone?” I asked and I saw him put his head down.
“Loraine you’re sister is gone.” He said and I once again felt my heart drop.
“Did I know her?” I asked.
“Yes, when you were little you two were inseparable. She loved you very much and vise versa. Until you’re mother’s death.” He said and I waited for him to explain further but he didn’t.
“I don’t understand.” I said and he smiled.
“I don’t expect you too, I’ll explain everything if you come with me.” He said.
“Where will you take me?” I asked.
“Home.” He said while putting his hand out for me. At first I hesitated but I realized that this was my chance to meet my REAL family and find out who I really am and I wasn’t about to pass up an amazing opportunity like this one. I put my hand in his and let him lead me to wherever we were going.
Chapters:   1 2 Next »