Sadistic Vampire

Author's note: What inspired me to write this is the vocaloid song "Sadistic Vampire" by Len Kagamine. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me to write this is the vocaloid song "Sadistic Vampire" by Len Kagamine. I combined that with my love of the pairing of Rin and Len.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »

A One-Sided Love

The moon was just beginning to settle down in preparation for the new day when Rin returned to the village. It was a beautiful sight, but neither her nor Kaito commented on its brilliance. Rin had not stopped staring at the rose since she picked it up off the cold marble bench she had awoken on and Kaito hadn't taken his eyes off Rin. Rin seemed mesmerized by the rose that was the color of death, so mesmerized that she hadn't even noticed Kaito had been holding her hand this whole time.

Kaito dared not tell her about the strange figure he saw that left the rose, fearing that Rin would be just as infatuated with him as she was the his gift. Kaito was happy to see Rin's smile again and tried to ignore that it was directed at the flower and not him. He loved Rin's smile especially when it touched her shimmering amber eyes like it did now. Kaito noticed the redness around them and hung his head low at the thought of Rin crying all on her own.

Kaito had wanted to say something, wanted to tell the others they were wrong, but he couldn't find the courage to voice his feelings, just like he couldn't now. The only thing he could think to do was follow Rin to her secret sanctuary and comfort her. Yes, Kaito had known about Rin's getaway for some time, often watching her as she played all alone in her secret garden, but could never bring himself to enter. It was like it was another world, a place one couldn't come back from once entered. He was a coward.

Kaito's grip tightened on Rin's hand and stopped walking. Rin realised she could no longer moved forward and turned back to Kaito, noticing for the first time that their hands were twined together.

"Kaito?" Rin asked, concerned. Kaito was shaking and Rin couldn't see the expression on his face because strands of the sapphire locks dangled there.

"Rin... I... I..." Without warning, Kaito trapped Rin in his embrace, one arm wrapped around the small of her back and the other supporting the back of her head.

Kaito pet the the soft golden locks that shined like the midday sun and breathed in her scent to calm himself down. Rin smelled of wildflowers, the same flowers she surrounded herself with, an enchanting and forbidden scent. Kaito didn't answer Rin's questions, he just wanted to hold her for this one moment. He wished desperately that he could be the one to protect her from everything. He had to become stronger, strong enough to look after Rin and protect that heavenly smile, strong enough to rip her away from the clutches of that other world.

As they got back to the village, the women welcomed them, looking relieved that they were both safe. Miku came running up to Rin sobbing and clinging to her like she would disappear if she let her go. Meiko merely 'Humphed,' but everyone could tell that she was relieved too. One thing nagged at Kaito as he joined the others, Rin had never once made an attempt to return his embrace and she had never loosened her grip on the rose, just as she didn't do so now...

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Stephh18 said...
Mar. 14 at 1:47 pm
Thats so good!