New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Sadistic Vampire

Author's note: What inspired me to write this is the vocaloid song "Sadistic Vampire" by Len Kagamine. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me to write this is the vocaloid song "Sadistic Vampire" by Len Kagamine. I combined that with my love of the pairing of Rin and Len.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Next »

A Single Rose

It was almost midday and it was rare that Len was up so early, but he felt the need to see the village's reaction. No doubt they had found out about the missing woman already. As Len gazed out at them, sure enough they were shaken with the loss, but were trying desperately not to worry the children. Idiots, as if they didn't understand. They're children, not animals, they can put two and two together. Len wasn't particularly interested in their reaction, only that one girl... There she was! Standing away from the others.

"I miss her..." A small girl with green piggy-tails cried. The blue-haired boy was crying too much to say anything. The brunette was comforting them.

"And what about you, Rin?" Rin, so that was the girl's name! Funny, that name was so much like another he knew so much like her name...

"No! I can't be the only one thinking it! Rin hated Luka! They fought all the time! That freak probably knows what happened! She probably did it herself!" Len narrowed his eyes at the brunette, Meko, the woman near them had said. Len couldn't believe these people, wasn't Rin born right in their village? How could they treat her like an outsider? Everyone stared at her like there was something wrong with her.

Len watched her as she ran, ran away from it all and was reminded of her again. She had ran as well, but this time Len would make sure nothing like that would happen to this girl. It didn't surprise him that she would run away, but it was where she ran to that gave him a shock. A cemetery. Didn't this girl have any fear in her? He watched as she placed flowers on the graves and he felt a twinge of admiration for her. She respected the dead even if she hadn't known them. That was more than he could say about himself.

The scent of blood hit the air as she cut herself on a thorn. The scent was faint, but sweet like oranges. Then came the salty scent of tears and sense of hopelessness. The sun set and Len had found himself leaving the safety of his mansion to journey to the cemetery. He reasoned with himself that he was simply curious about the girl called Rin and that maybe he could pick up a snack along the way back.

There she was, that mysterious girl, lying asleep on the faded marble seat, tears still visible on her cheeks. What a foolish girl. She was easy prey as she was now. From this distance Len could smell the full strength of her blood, it was rich and incredibly sweet due to her young age. Len's teeth bit into his bottom lip, drawing blood. He would hunt later. He reached out slowly and brushed his hand against her cheek and Rin moved slightly in her slumber. Len seemed to be under a trance, watching Rin dream as he stroked her cheeks and hair. It took a rustling coming from the tiny secret entrance to make him leave the girl's side.

Len reached out with his senses, it was the small village boy with sapphire hair, peaking in on them. Len had been seen, but it didn't matter. He had watched this boy and no one would believe him if he said he saw a phantom or a vampire, although they may believe he saw a strange man, which means that he would have to be careful. Regrettably, he knew this meant it was time for him to take his leave, but he decided to leave her a small gift, a single rose, whose color was black...

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Stephh18 said...
Mar. 14 at 1:47 pm:
Thats so good!