Sadistic Vampire

Author's note: What inspired me to write this is the vocaloid song "Sadistic Vampire" by Len Kagamine. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me to write this is the vocaloid song "Sadistic Vampire" by Len Kagamine. I combined that with my love of the pairing of Rin and Len.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Victim

Len looked out upon the village that rested on the very edge of his territory as he often did. He often became bored, having lived for hundreds of years, and Len found that watching the fleeting lives of the villagers was better than sitting around this dreary old mansion. His senses being better than any humans, he watched the women finishing their chores so they could put out the fires they had been telling stories around moments before. The men must have left the village to catch food for their families. Len smirked as he thought that he too used to belong to a 'family'. His senses stretched out further and his gaze came to rest on a young girl. She was looking back at him, or rather in his direction because there was no way a human could see as far as he could. Len couldn't describe the look he saw in her eyes as she stared out to the forest. It wasn't fear... Curiosity, maybe? No, it was more like wonder. He realized he had been lost in thought for a while and turned his senses back on the girl, wanting to get a better look at her. But her back was turned, her attention shifted from the forest on the brunette standing by the cabin door. Len strained his ears to hear the conversation.

"Little freak." Len frowned at the comment, feeling a little disdain at the brunette. He expected the other girl to yell back or maybe even hit the girl who had just insulted her, but to his surprise she didn't, which caused a bit of anger to rise within him. He would gladly smack that smart mouthed girl for her.

She finally turned her head back to him and Len's eyes widened. She was a wonder all right, fair skin, golden hair cut in a short, but still charming style, and amber eyes that at this moment seemed darkened with something like despair. She was much more interesting than the other villagers and something odd sparked in him as he watched her.

Looking upon the girl had excited his blood, although he didn't know why, she wasn't his usual taste. Still, Len had to satiate his thirst and so he set out from his home into the forest.

Normally, Len didn't need to kill his victims, but tonight he had been especially hungry. He lifted his head from her neck and looked down at the woman he had drained. She had been easy prey, left behind by the other women to put out the last of the fire. She hadn't expected to run into a handsome young man by the forest's edge. Now that he thought about it, it was the same girl that had been telling stories. Len smirked as he thought, who would have thought she would run into one of the very things she tells stories about?

The villagers may think he's a monster that kills innocent victims, but Len never asked to be what he is, so who is the real victim here?

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Stephh18 said...
Mar. 14 at 1:47 pm:
Thats so good!