Dream Gate Keepers

Author's note: this story came to me on a whim one night and i'm really trying to develop it.
Author's note: this story came to me on a whim one night and i'm really trying to develop it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

More Than It Seems

We ended up at the Cold Stone Creamery that was about three blocks away from the park. It wasn’t as crowded as it usually was. Actually, there was only one table that was occupied. There were four people occupying the table: two guys and two girls. They turned as we came in and I recognized them from my school. Yuki Kakero was the captain of the cheerleading team. Her long blonde hair was tied up high on her head and she had recently neatly trimmed her bangs. Her eyes were like amber and they lit up when she saw me. Next to her sat Kikyou Sobre. She had short brown hair and piercing blue eyes. She had recently won a beauty contest for the school but that hadn’t affected her personality. She was still sweet and kind to everyone, like she was just a sweet little nobody and not the city wide beauty queen she was. Across the table was Nayetzu Fumi, an exchange student. His hair covered his eyes but I had seen them once: they were an enticing red. Next to him was Harutashi Hinoto, he was part of my group of friends but I hadn’t seen him around lately. To be honest I hadn’t seen any of them around lately.
“Hey everybody, look who I brought along,” Kaori said as we walked over to them. They loved more into the booth and I sat down at the end next to Kaori.
“Kikori! Hey there lady! I missed you,” Harutashi exclaimed at me. He came around the table and hugged me tight.
“Hi Hinoto,” I laughed. I liked to call him by his last name.
“Alright then, now that everyone is here it’s time that we made some introductions,” Kaori said.
“We already know each other though,” I said.
“Well not as whom we really are,” said Kikyou. “I’m Kikyou, the Star Gate Keeper.”
“I’m Yuki, the Chakra Gate Keeper,” Yuki said.
“Me, I’m Nayetzu the Aura Gate Keeper,” Nayetzu said taking a sip of her soda.
“The Combat Sense Gate Keeper,” Hinoto said.
“What about you,” I asked Kaori.
“I am the Key Master,” Kaori said simply. “What about you Kikori?”
“Well I think I’m the Dream Gate Keeper.”
“Now that we’re all introduced, let’s get down to business. Kikori was attacked by a demon not that long before we got here. This definitely means someone knew about her."
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »