Kale and Kaila

Author's note: I definitely love Alan Rickman!
Author's note: I definitely love Alan Rickman!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

The wreck

Over the next couple months, Kale and I spent a lot of time together. We weren’t obsessed with our relationship. We knew it was okay to be apart for a little while. We trusted each other. We loved each other. It was as if we had known one another our whole lives. It was relaxed. Calming… Normal. I had never loved anyone as much as I loved Kale. Sure it was cool that his father was Alan Rickman, but Alan was really like any other dad. The greatest part was, Kale had other girls flinging themselves
Hope you like it. I edited it like a hundred times!
at him but he only saw me. Does that make sense? Trust me, if you have ever been in love, it will make sense.
One day, Kale and I decided to go to the beach. We had taken his Yellow Lamborghini. As we were driving to Venice Beach, we were coming around a giant curve with a gigantic rock wall preventing us from seeing what was to come. We didn’t see the huge truck driving on the wrong side of the road heading toward us at first. When we saw it, Kale slammed on the brakes but the truck kept going and plowed head on into us. The truck must have been doing at least 70 MPH. We went flying into the rock wall, upside down, on the side of the road and I thought we were going to die.
As we stopped spinning, I could tell something was wrong. Something was horribly wrong.
In automatic response I said “Kale?”
He didn’t reply back.
“Kale?!” I said louder.
The truck driver got out of his truck and ran over to my side of the car. He got down on his knees and asked me if I was alive. If I had thought about it at the time, I might have slapped him. I was too busy crying and trying to wake Kale up.
“Miss, please calm down, help is on the way.” He said.
I tried to get my seat belt off, but I couldn’t. I was drifting in and out of consciousness. The driver got his pocket knife out and cut my seat belt off and pulled me gently out of the car. My spine hurt so much. I stayed lying on the pavement while the driver went to help Kale. I tried to look over at the car but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I thought that Kale wasn’t going to make it. I was so scared. I was terrified. I wasn’t sure when I drifted into unconsciousness, but when I woke up, I was in a hospital bed.
“Mom?” I asked.
“Kaila!” My mom said desperately as she rushed to the bed and hugged me.
“Ow!” I cried out.
There was a shooting pain in my spine. I tried to sit up, but I couldn’t.
“My… my spine!” I cried.
“You have a broken spine baby.” My mom told me. I could tell she was trying to be strong. I heard that tone six years ago.
“Mom… where’s Kale?” I asked, scared for the answer.
But before she could speak, Alan walked in with Kale who was in a wheel chair.
“Kale!” I exclaimed.
“I’m so sorry!” He said as he wheeled over to the opposite side of the bed of my mom and took my hand.
“It wasn’t your fault. It’s ok.” I assured him.
“I love you so much Kaila.” He told me.
“I love you too.” I told him.
“Mom…” I said weakly.
“Yes baby?” She replied.
“I’m sorry.” I said, though I don’t know why.
I think she thought I meant I wanted her to leave the room. So, she did. Alan took a look at Kale and I and he smiled at the sight of his son in love. With me.
“I’ll be out in the hall.” Alan said and then left.
Kale and I sat there for a few moments in the calming silence.
“I… I’m so sorry Kaila. I don’t know why I stopped the car.” He said miserably.
“It’s probably a good thing you did or we might not even be alive…” I said.
“I love you so much Kaila. I can’t imagine not being with you. If you hadn’t of made it…” His voice cracked and he started sobbing into the blanket.
“Kale, look at me.” I said. He looked up at me. “I love you. I’m here now and that’s all that matters.” I finished.
“I love you Kaila…” And with that, he painfully got up and kissed me.
Later that night, I asked the nurse to pull Kale’s bed next to mine. When they were finished moving his bed, he held my hand.
“What are we going to do?” He asked me.
“Well, we’re going to heal first.” I said smiling. I wish I could have just turned my head to look at him but the stupid neck brace kept refraining me from doing so.
“I meant, what are we going to do about school?” He said, “They told you that you could be here for a month!”
“I know… I was there.” I said quietly more to myself than to Kale.
I just didn’t know what else to say. There I was, just wanting to take one step at a time, and Kale was too busy worrying about school. I mean, come on! It was only a Saturday anyway! Anyway, around midnight, Kale finally fell asleep. I stayed up listening to music. After 1:30 or so, my mom came back in and sat in the chair.
“You’re awake?” My mom asked surprised.
“Yeah.” I said.
“I told Alan he could go home an hour ago but he refused. He’s asleep in the waiting room.” My mom told me.
“Mom?” I asked.
“Yes?” She replied quietly.
“I’m scared. About the surgery tomorrow…” I admitted.
“I know baby. I’m scared too.” She said sadly.
She pulled the chair up next to the side of my bed.
“What if they can’t fix my spine?” I asked.
“Baby, these are L.A. doctors! The best of the best! I wouldn’t trust anyone else.” She said firmly.
“Hey mom?” I said.
“Yes honey?” She replied.
“I miss daddy.” I said.
Six years ago, my dad was killed in an automobile accident. So, I can see why my mother was so worried about me. I have never been much for talking about my dad in front of my mom because I felt I had to be strong for her and my brother Luke. Well, mostly for my mom because Luke was finishing college in Phoenix.
“By the way, you’re brother is on a plane heading out here now.” She said in a whisper.
“Mom! You didn’t need to do that! It was just a car accident.” I exclaimed quietly whining.
“Well, I called him to tell him what happened and he insisted on coming out here.” She told me, “and when he gets here, you be happy to see him…” She pleaded.
I knew what she meant… She meant, I might not have been able to see him at all if I hadn’t of lived. I would be strong for my mom and Luke, just like always.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Mermaidmissy said...
Hey your book was really good, and I loved it so much. I hope you keep on writing some more pages soon. Can you please take a look at some of my stuff please and tell me what you think and give comment as well. :) 

CaseyDawn replied...
Thanks! I appreciate that! I really like your poetry by the way!:)