The Snow's Tale

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

The Sorting of Dementors

Severus's POV:
I felt as if I had to keep close watch over her. And that's exactly what that necklace would do. I had the same one around my neck. That way I was able to see what she was feeling instantly. I just had to decode the colors on the stupid wrinkled parchment that came with it. I wasn't sure if I should have told her about that part, but I don't think it'd matter. Albus had suggested that this would be a good thing when I told him about her. Giving her this would ensure her safety and happiness. Isabelle sat right in front of me while I read my book. Although, with her sitting right in front of me, I had to reread the same sentence over and over again. "Would you like to unpack early in your dorm room?" I asked.
Izzy POV:
I looked up from my hands and shook my head. The memories came back to me as if it happened just yesterday. My parents left me on the streets. They didn't care about me. If I was alone, I'd go insane. He sighed at my answer and went back to his book. After a while he looked up again. "I can't concentrate with you just sitting there being bored." "Oh, I'm not bored," I tried to smile. He shook his head and tried to read again. But I assumed he was failing miserably because he set the book down and pulled something out from under his shirt. It looked like the same necklace he gave me. But it was darker silver. "What's that?" I asked. "It's the same necklace as yours." He seemed to be hesitating. "I got one too."
I nodded. Did he want to match? Did he do it on purpose? Now I turned anxious as to know what was going through his head. He looked at it and put a confused look on. He put the necklace back under his shirt and stared at me. "Would you like to be sorted into your house before the students get back?" I nodded. He led me to a large gargoyle. He said, "Sugar plum." And it we stepped onto the first step and it began to move upward. Soon enough we were in a room full of junk. Everywhere from a giant globe of the world to little knick-knacks. "Yes, Severus?" an old man said coming out behind the big globe.
"Miss Kale would like to be sorted immediately." "Honestly I can wait if—" I began. "No, it isn't any trouble." The old man grabbed the hat off of a shelf and set it on top of her head. Then there was a strange, croaking voice, "Hmm…very interesting. Difficult, difficult." I felt my face flush as I watched Severus and the old man watch me in this old junky hat. "Clever. Very clever. No, not brave…" I felt like slapping the hat. It couldn't say what she was and was not. If I wanted to, I could definitely be brave. "Ravenclaw!" the hat said.
I sighed. When I was told I was going to be sorted I thought it'd be some odd test. A scary test. Afraid I was going to get it wrong; I waited for as long as I could to be sorted. Snape made no expressions. The old man smiled, "You will love the girls in that house. One of the many pleasures of this school is that your house is your family. Teamwork to help you win points and always looking out for each other." I smiled. I could have a new family. Snape sighed and walked out leaving me behind. "Did he intentionally leave me behind?" I frowned.
"He is just upset you weren't placed into Slytherin. Although, I guarantee he is happy you weren't placed in Gryffindor," he laughed, "We'd have a problem then. I'm Albus Dumbledore the Headmaster of Hogwarts." "I'm Isabelle Lynn Kale." "I know who you are. Severus talks about you whenever he visits. Keeps me updated. I don't even have to ask." I nodded not knowing what to say. "He has taken a real care for you," he smiled again. I felt my insides jump. Really? Was it true that he at least cared? I didn't say anymore. Instead I went out of Albus's office and walked around the castle trying to remember where Severus's classroom was.
Instead, I ended up outside the castle. I walked around in the snow for a while until I saw dark figures above my head. They were hooded and faceless. The hooded figures started to float down to me. I became scared. Were they evil? I thought Severus said this school was uber protected. A rush of cold swept past me, but the hooded figures didn't do anything. Tears ran down my face and then I heard a scream. "Isabelle!" I turned around and saw Severus running swiftly up to me. He held his wand out and yelled, "Expecto Patronum!"
I was confused. The hooded figures just floated in front of me. But I wasn't harmed, nothing had changed me. What was bad about them? "What?" I asked, "What were those things?" "The Dementors that will be guarding this school because of the escape of Sirius Black. They suck the happiness out of you. The happiness of your memories," he explained. "Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"
I shook my head. Happy memories are something I lacked. So if that was the only thing they did, I had nothing to worry about. "They only stood in front of me." He didn't say anything. He just put his hand on my back and pushed me back inside the castle. "I expect you to stay inside and stay out of trouble. Nothing more." I sighed. Looks like there’s going to be no fun this year, "Alright." How wrong was I?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5