Contamination

Author's note: I got this from the series of video games Dead Space, along with the movie Dead Space: Downfall....  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I got this from the series of video games Dead Space, along with the movie Dead Space: Downfall. I highly recommend the games, Dead Space and Dead Space 2, as well as the movie.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

The Ubermorph/Ending

I spend another fifty rounds ripping off limb after limb, to no avail. It just kept regenerating. “Damn it, this thing’s tough,” I gasp. I prime and hurl a plasma grenade, intending to blow this thing away. It’s legs and three arms, plus a head, fell to the ground, but all regenerated in a matter of seconds.
I heard the click, and knew that my gun was out of ammo. “Damn,” I say, pulling out Abby’s Pistol. I opened fire, but the thing just seemed to laugh as I shot at it. Small arms fire did absolutely nothing to halt the Ubermorph’s progress.
James ran up behind the Ubermorph and plunges a Plasma Knife into its neck. It screams, and rounds on James. It plunges two arms into his chest, lifting him up and then violently stabs him twice. With another arm it severs his legs and left arm. James lifts his right arm, as if pleading to the monster. He gives me one look, and I knew what he wanted. The Ubermorph slices James’s head off, and finally tears him in half.
I shove a plasma grenade down the thing’s throat, and hack it apart. It takes me an hour, but finally I kill the creature. I walk over and gather James up, piece by piece, and carry him over to the tree. I put him back together as best I can before burying him in the ground next to Abby. It was what he had wanted.
I look up. Up above, I see explosions lace the air. Something is destroying The Sprawl. I feel a shiver of fear run down my spine before it happens. An explosion that ripped a massive gash down The Sprawl. I feel the air rapidly decompress, and I screamed. Blood runs out of my nose, my eyes, my mouth, and my ears. I feel one eye implode, then another, then my other organs, followed by my bones. I barely have time to scream before my brain is crushed into a fine red mist.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6