Unexpected

Author's note: I love Harry Potter, and know this will never be like her stories, but it's still fun to write...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I love Harry Potter, and know this will never be like her stories, but it's still fun to write fanfiction. I hope you enjoy! :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

4. Unsupported

Chapter Four: Unsupported

After buying books at the Borders in muggle London, Hermione and George returned to the Burrow. Dinner was about to start and, Mrs. Weasley had invited Luna. So in total, there was going to be eight for dinner that night. Mrs. Weasley had set the table to include three seats on each side and one seat on each end.

“So Ron, how did you and Hermione break up?” asked a clueless Luna at dinner. She had always been fairly open and didn’t really
Sorry this took so long! Enjoy :) I will definitely be updating soon.
even notice when Ron flushed with embarrassment at her question.

“I think that’s a question for another time,” he tried. But, it didn’t work.

“Why is that?” asked Luna in disbelief. “You’re around your family. It’s the perfect time!” she exclaimed dreamily.

“Well,” started Ron, choosing his words cautiously. “She broke up with me actually. I said some things that I shouldn’t have, but the truth is, I’ve always loved you Luna. I was too much of a coward to break up with Hermione myself, so I did what I had to do. I made her break up with me.” At this point, Ginny spit out her pumpkin juice.

“Oh Ron, that’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me!” Luna said. The whole of the table, besides Luna and Ron, exchanged a look that mainly consisted of raised eyebrows and a shrug. They all then continued to eat as if nothing had happened. Hermione had come to the decision that her and Ron just weren’t meant to be, so she stopped getting upset about their break up. Who marries the second person they ever date in life anyways?

George realized that he had yet to mention to his mother about his plans to return to Hogwarts, having only written to Professor McGonagall that morning to notify her. Towards the end of the meal, George announced that he would be returning to school. For a moment Mrs. Weasley looked at her son in shock and disbelief.

“Are you even my son anymore?” she asked accusingly. “Ever since your brother died it’s like you’ve changed yourself completely.”

“Well mother, maybe I’ve changed for the better. Any other day, you would have been proud of me going back to school,” he said reminding her of her ways.

“But you have responsibilities! You have your store to run George!” she responded.

“Yeah mum, and a million workers like Lee Jordan, and Angelina Johnson to run it for me while I’m gone which I know they are well capable of. I also trust them with that responsibility and like you said, it’s my store now, and I have every right to make that decision, don’t I?” he asked.

“Well yes, but the store is called Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes! Not Jordan or Johnson!”

“It’s not like I’m changing the name of the store mum,” George responded. “It’s only for a year for crying out loud!”

“Do not use that tone with me George Weasley,” said Mrs. Weasley.

“I wouldn’t have to raise my voice if you would just listen mum,” he said through gritted teeth. “You’re the one who wanted me to go back to Hogwarts anyways.”

“That was before you bought Zonko’s. I’ve always thought your store was going to fall through, but now that it’s doing so well, it seems like it’s all going to turn out alright.”

“Gee, thanks. You’re supposed to support your children mum,” George said. “You didn’t support the shop at first, and now you don’t support school. I hope you realize what you’re doing.” Then he got up from the table and apparated to his room before she could reply.

After the row between Mrs. Weasley and George, dinner seemed to be over, so most people left to their respectable places. Hermione immediately followed after George. After checking his room, she realized that he wasn’t there, so she tried the roof. He was lying there on his back looking at the stars.

“Mind if I join you?” asked Hermione quietly. He only shook his head to indicate that no, he didn’t mind and Hermione walked over to him. She sat next to where he was lying down. “Are you okay?” she asked. He nodded yes. Hermione realized that George didn’t feel like talking at the moment so she stayed quiet. After about ten minutes he finally spoke.

“Thanks,” he said so softly, Hermione almost didn’t catch it.

“For what?”

“Coming to see if I was okay,” he replied. “At least I know there’s at least one person I can count on.”

“Your mother will come around eventually,” said Hermione wisely.

“I know,” said George. Then, there was more silence.

“Is this roof dirty?” she asked.

“How should I know?” he responded with a slight smile.

“You’re lying down on the thing and you don’t even know if it’s dirty or not?” she asked in disbelief. George rolled his eyes.

“Just lie down Hermione,” he said exasperatedly.

“Oh fine,” she said, slowly inching her way to the ground.

“You can put your head on my shoulder if you’re that afraid of the germs,” he said, adding another eye roll. Hermione complied. They stayed there for a while, in silence, until Hermione yawned very loud. George chuckled to himself, slightly, and led Hermione back to her room. It was well past midnight.

“Thanks again Hermione. Goodnight,” he said. He pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed the top of her head before he descended the stairs to the landing on which his bedroom was.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

This book has 15 comments. Post your own now!

1DDEFLEP said...
May 9 at 3:34 pm
Are you going to make more for this? I'm hooked. :)

1DDEFLEP said...
May 8 at 4:00 pm
I love this whole set up. I can picture it perfectly in my mind and I thank you for it. I honestly love this. :)

harrypotteris#1 said...
my first thought was "how dare you defile the sacred books of harry potter!" and then i started to read it and i thought " no its all wrong! ron and hermione love each other!" but by the time i finished it all i could think was how sweet george is! you totally won me over!~ please write more:)

yoyoyohogwartians said...
love this i love the idea of George/Hermione and Ron/Luna....just keep Ginny/harry

mag4ever said...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:16 am
So sorry this took so long :( I have been beyond busy this past school year with my fine arts program and AP courses. Thank goodness it it the summer. I hope you still want to read my sotry and thanks for your wonderful compliments! Yes, the Hermione parents things was hard to write and to come up with. I had to do sad things to characters, but it had to happen. Thanks again and I would definitely be interested in colaborating in the future! :)

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1, 2012 at 12:19 am

Hi! Nice work here! I also wrote a continuation of the Harry Potter series. It's on the homepage of Fan Fiction Novels under "Most Discussed". Please leave feedback as I am soon going to here.

I love the idea you have here. I also was trying to have Hermione find her parents, and while I was writing, I found it difficult to put the pieces together. Did you have trouble with that too? Anyway, I really like where you are going with this and I hope you continue writing. If you'd like, we ... (more »)

msoledadvc said...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:43 am

Ow! Ow! Ow! I love this book! I never thought that George and Hermione could have lots of things in common! Even if I love Harry Potter, I couldn't see this kind of details.

I need to read more, please! The story is great! Please write more soon! I'm willing to know what else happens!

You-are-an-amazing-writer!

LilLover5-15 said...

plz make more I never thought about this b4.

MoraleAsh said...
I love this so much! Please keep writing more!

mag4ever replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 10:37 am
Thanks, I definitely have tons more written up! I should be updating soon :)

LilLover5-15 replied...
plz make more

mag4ever replied...
Sept. 11, 2011 at 9:32 am
There's more. I should get around to adding it soon ;)

RainbowSprinkles replied...
Do you plan on updating soon? :) It's definitely amazing!

msoledadvc replied...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:44 am
Yes, are you?

mag4ever replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:19 am
Yes, yes, yes!