Infection

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

End

. Lauren tucked her head out the fire escape and motioned for me to come back inside. I did as I was told.
Lauren threw her arms around my neck kissed me. I was surprised at first, but after a second, I found myself returning the kiss. We parted, a smile on our faces, I told her I would be right back. I leapt down the fire escape, moving quietly through the streets of The Sprawl.
I found a convince store. Loading up a trash bag with food and water, I mad my way back to the apartment as fats as I could. My mind was still spinning a little from the kiss. I poked my head over the ledge to the apartment and gasped.
A Necromorph was tearing onto Lauren’s dead body. Blood stained its blades. It raised its head and roared. Immediately, a bat like creature flew into the room. It went over to Lauren’s still body and shoved a proboscis into her forehead, splattering brain and skull. A second later, Lauren began to twist and shake, he limbs twisting. She roared, her mouth growing rows of razor sharp teeth.
Lauren was a Necromorph.
I dropped the bag and ran. I ran as far as I could, dodging Necromorph after Necromorph.
That’s how I got here, in the electronics store, making this recorded message. That’s how it all happened. I don’t know how much longer I can hold out here. I also don’t know how all of this began. I was just an innocent civilian, caught up in some horrific invasion.
I’m also certain I won’t live to find out how this ends.
All of my friends, gone. All of my family, gone. My whole world, gone. If you’re watching this, then you probably know more than I do.
I have to stop. I hear something.

The End.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

Odyesseus said...
Amazing!!!

Xenodragon56 said...

Well, readers, since Infection and Infestation are Fan Fic, I thought I should do a little advertising:

These "novels" are based off of the Dead Space game series. I highly recommend checking both games (Dead Space and Dead Space 2), as well as the animated movie (Dead Space: Downfall) out. *Note, The games are rated M, and the movie is PG-13.*

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 10:56 am
I dig it! It definitely fits in with the "creepypasta" genre of horror, which I highly recommend you check out!

writer_girl15 said...
That was well written, creepy, gross, and sad. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing, but i have to say this was really well thought out and written. I could easily see this published as a series of sci-fi horror books.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 8:31 am
ok so while they aren't TOO many grammer/spelling errors, a lot of the sentences are fairly short. and i think  the story went by too fast, maybe if it was 15-20 chapters instead of 5, it would've been better so you could've shown more of the romance and his anguish, and not have at least one character die every chapter. and lastly, you need to fix the format of the 1st chapter because you accidentally put the 2nd chapter in the authors not. however, like i said, i didn't catch very many er... (more »)

Xenodragon56 replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:27 am
Thank you very much.

Jazzy92517 said...
Amazing story. I never would have thought you to be a writer... 

Xenodragon56 replied...
Thanks... I guess...