New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Infection

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Outbreak

I almost peed my pants in fear when the hand was dragged into the darkness. I saw a still body lying in the shadows. I gagged. Blood stained the ground where it had been dragged.
I heard a tearing sound from in front of me. I turned on my phone and powered up the flashlight app. I shone the light into the alley.
Another person was their, their head hidden by the body. I gasped and dropped my wallet. The head peeked up, and I screamed.
Its head was humanoid, yet bloody, just like it’s body. It swallowed a mouthful of what looked like intestine. Scythe-like appendages grew out of its wrists, both bloody. The light shone down upon the thief, whose open chest cavity I could now see. I gagged and ran backwards.
The creature leapt onto my back with a scream. I felt my face slam into the cold concrete. Stars flashed in front of my eyes. I felt the back of my shirt tear open. I felt a faint pain, but I ignored it. I flipped over and punched the thing in the face. I began stomping on it, yelling out curses. Finally, the thing fell limp. I stomped onto its head one last time, causing the skull to implode, splattering brain matter onto my shoe.
I walked out of the alley in a daze. I looked around. More of these creatures were in the street, tearing through people and cars like they were tissue paper. Unitologists preaching on the corner screamed as two of these creatures tore into their bodies.
I saw more variants of these monsters crawling through the streets, ranging from four legged creatures to horrific babies, three tentacles growing out of their deformed back and a mouthful of razor sharp teeth in their little, mutated infant mouths. These ones latched onto their victims with their teeth and then went to work with their tentacles.
I wretched, throwing up my lunch onto a nearby car. I security guard ran up and fired his assault rifle at a creature. Full twenty-five rounds were pumped into that thing. It didn’t even slow down. It just flinched and ran at the officer and swung its blades at him, tearing off the poor man’s head. I ran over and grabbed the gun. I didn’t have time to aim, I just fired. The recoil and my own fear sent my bullets off to the side. The bullets tore off the limbs of the monstrous creature. It screamed and fell to the ground, dead. I fired a shot into its head, just to make sure.
I smiled with this new revelation. They could be beaten; they just had to lose one or two limbs before they died. I ran through the streets, occasionally shooting one of the things. Things, I thought, A new name will be needed for these things. Now is not the time, I thought, forcing the name thought out of my mind.
“Mom and Dad,’ I whispered. I ran to my car. The attendant was already dead, cut in two. I quickly hopped into my car and drive home, running over a few Demons (that’s what I had started to call them) on my way, just for good measure.
I arrived at my house. Bursting open the door, I ran inside, calling for my family. Nothing, no response at all. I frantically tore through the house, screaming now. I checked the basement. There, in the corner, were two prone forms. I gagged and ran our of my house. I collapsed against my car, sobbing. They were dead. My whole family, dead, slaughtered by some unknown species of creature.
I don’t know how long I sat there. It seemed like days, but it could have only been two hours, at a max. I was dimly aware of a car pulling up to the house. Kyle and Lauren jumped out. “Jacob, we’ve got to go. Theses things are-,” Kyle said, stopping short. The realization dawned upon him. He didn’t say another word. I wiped my eyes and stood, hefting my gun. “Let’s go,” I whispered.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Odyesseus said...
Amazing!!!

Xenodragon56 said...

Well, readers, since Infection and Infestation are Fan Fic, I thought I should do a little advertising:

These "novels" are based off of the Dead Space game series. I highly recommend checking both games (Dead Space and Dead Space 2), as well as the animated movie (Dead Space: Downfall) out. *Note, The games are rated M, and the movie is PG-13.*

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 10:56 am:
I dig it! It definitely fits in with the "creepypasta" genre of horror, which I highly recommend you check out!

writer_girl15 said...
That was well written, creepy, gross, and sad. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing, but i have to say this was really well thought out and written. I could easily see this published as a series of sci-fi horror books.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 8:31 am:
ok so while they aren't TOO many grammer/spelling errors, a lot of the sentences are fairly short. and i think  the story went by too fast, maybe if it was 15-20 chapters instead of 5, it would've been better so you could've shown more of the romance and his anguish, and not have at least one character die every chapter. and lastly, you need to fix the format of the 1st chapter because you accidentally put the 2nd chapter in the authors not. however, like i said, i didn't catch very many er... (more »)

Xenodragon56 replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:27 am :
Thank you very much.

Jazzy92517 said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 6:38 pm:
Amazing story. I never would have thought you to be a writer... 

Xenodragon56 replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 6:41 pm :
Thanks... I guess...