Infection

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Thieves

“So… when’s your birthday?” Lauren asked, trying hard to start a conversation. “May 12. I turned seventeen this year. How ‘bout you,” I replied, trying to keep the talk going. “April, and I turned sixteen this year.” I tried to think of something to say. I gave up after thirty seconds. I didn’t bother asking Lauren the day, I just walked on next to her.
We came to Lauren’s class. “Well, ‘bye,” she said, giving me a hug, which I returned. I wished I had something to say to her, but it felt like my brain had melted. It always did that around Lauren.
I went into math and sat next to Kyle. Our teacher began his rather boring lesson on calculus. Kyle and I played tic-tac-toe the whole time, occasionally looking up in order to look like we where listening.
Class ended. “What is that, seven classes that I’ve won,” I bragged to Kyle .He looked over his shoulder to make sure the teacher wasn’t looking, and then gave me the finger. I lightly punched him in the shoulder.
After the school day ended. I headed over to Kyle’s house for a quick video game competition. As Kyle and I chased and mowed each other down in the first-person-shooter that we were playing, Kyle dropped the bomb: “What’s going on with you and Lauren?”
I frantically tried to think of a logical response. Kyle was good at sorting out lies; it had to be good. ‘W-We’re just friends,” I spat out. Immediately after I said it, I slapped my face. The look on Kyle’s face told me everything. “You so like her,” he howled. I threw my controller at him. The perfect throw smashed him in the temple. “Ow, man! What the hell?” he yelled. “Sorry, man, but you were asking for it,” I said. In the video game, Kyle can up behind me and stabbed my over and over again in the back. “And you were asking for that,” he said with a laugh. I smacked my forehead.
At six I left Kyle’s house. I drove on for around twenty minutes until my gaslight came one. I pulled over at the nearest gas station and fueled up my car. I saw a vending machine around ten feet from my car. I shrugged.
I walked over and bought a soda. Twisting the cap, I took a long swig. It was always hot this time of year on The Sprawl.
I heard the sound of a car window break. I turned. Someone had broken into my car and was fumbling around inside. “Hey,” I yelled, running over to my car. The man took off with my wallet and phone. I looked over to an attendant. “Watch my car, please,” I said, already running after the thief.
I chased the man, leaping over curbs and dodging people. “Bring me back my frickin’ stuff,” I cried. If the man heard me, he didn’t show it. I shook my head. This could take a while.
The man ran into an alley. I followed him, my eyes adjusting to the sudden change of light. The man looked briefly at me before continuing to run. I chased him for around another ten yards before I got a cramp in my gut. I paused against a wall, holding my sides. The man was long gone, my wallet and phone with him. I gasped for breath. “I though I was in shape,” I gasped.
I heard a blood-curdling scream. I looked up. The scream continued, mixing in with pleas for mercy. I heard a wet splat and the noise ended. I slowly walked around the corner.
I saw a hand sticking out of an alley, my stuff clutched in its grip. I slowly reached down and pried open the fingers. I took my stuff back.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Odyesseus said...
Amazing!!!

Xenodragon56 said...

Well, readers, since Infection and Infestation are Fan Fic, I thought I should do a little advertising:

These "novels" are based off of the Dead Space game series. I highly recommend checking both games (Dead Space and Dead Space 2), as well as the animated movie (Dead Space: Downfall) out. *Note, The games are rated M, and the movie is PG-13.*

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 10:56 am:
I dig it! It definitely fits in with the "creepypasta" genre of horror, which I highly recommend you check out!

writer_girl15 said...
That was well written, creepy, gross, and sad. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing, but i have to say this was really well thought out and written. I could easily see this published as a series of sci-fi horror books.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 8:31 am:
ok so while they aren't TOO many grammer/spelling errors, a lot of the sentences are fairly short. and i think  the story went by too fast, maybe if it was 15-20 chapters instead of 5, it would've been better so you could've shown more of the romance and his anguish, and not have at least one character die every chapter. and lastly, you need to fix the format of the 1st chapter because you accidentally put the 2nd chapter in the authors not. however, like i said, i didn't catch very many er... (more »)

Xenodragon56 replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:27 am :
Thank you very much.

Jazzy92517 said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 6:38 pm:
Amazing story. I never would have thought you to be a writer... 

Xenodragon56 replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 6:41 pm :
Thanks... I guess...