The Cullen Girl

Author's note: This is my very first fanfiction I've ever written.
Author's note: This is my very first fanfiction I've ever written.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Freakishly Normal

“Who was that person?” I demanded after a moment of silence from everyone that had formed in the circle around me. We were all sitting in the living room, gazing at one another. I could remember the figure perfectly. His broad shoulders made him at least six feet, or more, tall. He had red eyes that seemed to make you continuously gaze until you fall into a deep trance. A trance he had made himself. Was this normal? I didn’t know, and possibly, nor did the rest of the family. But, just looking at Bella, I knew she was hiding something. Her face was showing it, but her lips were not telling it.
“What you saw was nothing you were supposed to see,” Carlisle began to speak.
“I think we should tell her…” Alice blurted out.
“Tell me what?” I asked my face fell to a worried, but scared, look. Edward gulped. He looked like he was thinking. His eyes turned from a golden brown, to a soft topaz red.
“Please, follow.” Edward hesitated, holding a hand out for me to grab it. I persuaded, the lingering cold had sent prickles down my spine, it felt good at first, but I felt like I had frostbite after touching it for about five seconds. And, together, we both ran to the far side of the woods. A place I had imagined before, a place where no one could find me.
It was cloudy, but no sign of rain coming afoot. He paced back and forth after he had let go of me. “Milla, promise me one thing… you won’t tell anyone what you are about to see, I haven’t done this in the longest time. Please, don’t freak out.” He gazed at me, a finger placed underneath my jaw line, tilting slightly to the side; I heard something scratch from the inside of his mouth. He lightly, but carefully, placed his lips onto my neck. Suddenly, I felt something push me, making Edward hit a nearby tree at strong force. I plummeted to the ground, a trickle of blood had left the almost cut that I had gotten from his bite. I gazed at the ground; a shadow had cascaded over me. I didn’t dare look up. I imagined it like it was just a few hours ago, a dark figure aroused from the opening of the woods and began to attack the others. I snapped back out of the memory and noticed something in front of me, “What are you?” I finally whispered, but nothing answered, all I heard was heavy breathing. “What are you?” I demanded once more, this time through grinded teeth.
“Guess…” The strange creature whispered to me, Edward was now behind me. Making sure the creature didn’t attack. I thought for a moment, everything came to mind… The cold skin, fast speed, mysterious sightings of strange creatures. It all made sense and was a puzzle waiting for the right person to come along and solve it. I also thought of the strange creature, he was all black, red eyes and fur that reminded me of a black wolf.
“V-v-v-vampire!” I screeched it was as high as it can be. “Werewolf, they are r-r-real, aren’t they?” I slightly turned my head over to Edward, he was nodding. Speechless as ever can be. I didn’t want to believe it, but sadly enough, I had to. I quickly got to my feet, the dark creature was gone the only people who were left was Edward and I.
“This is how Bella found out.” He grimaced. A sigh then broke loose.
“I want to know, do you really burn in the sun?”
“No.”
“Are the rest vampires?”
“Yes, excluding Renesmee.”
“What is Renesmee?”
“A human-vampire hybrid,”
“Does she feed on blood too?”
“Yes, but she can still act like a human.”
“So, what do you look like out in the sunlight?” Suddenly, something grasped at me and tossed me onto their back. And, together, we ran up a steep mountain. The breeze forcing my hair to go right behind me, I gasped as soon as we hit the top. He looked up, the horizon was breathtaking. An embracing light had revealed itself from the depths of clouds, sneaking through the branches and leaves of trees. He stepped out, unbuttoning half of his torso, something then happened. A glow from his skin had made a formation of a thousand diamonds that seemed to be embroidered onto his skin.
“You’re, you’re,” I was speechless, I couldn’t say a word. He turned his face half way beginning to sparkle like a thousand suns that were battling to be the brightest.
“Beautiful?” he questioned, smiled and then buttoned the shirt back up. I nodded.
________________________________________________________________
I wanted to know the rest, but it just seemed wrong to go any further. That night, I lay alone, every now and then Alice or Esme would come over and check on me. But, that was only every two hours. They didn’t really want to bother me, due to fact that I was still mind-blown from the discovery I had made. It was meant to be scientifically false that vampires and werewolves were meant to be made up, a falsehood of our imagination. It all seemed strange to me, I didn’t want to think about it, but….. I couldn’t help but do so.
“She should’ve never come in the first place.” I heard someone say, four feet from my door. Just in case, I threw the covers over my head, just to let them know I was asleep. They were standing there; I guessed one was Edward while the other was Carlisle. Could it really be them? I whispered grasping at the quilt that was slightly moving from side to side as my hand stroked it; the soft tenderness of it had calmed me down.
“I know, and it was my fault. I just wish the Volturi–Who are they? – Didn’t come and try and inspect the place.” Carlisle soothed the missing hairs from face, Edward stood there in distraught, and I couldn’t figure out if I should go out there or not. It seemed dangerous to proceed, and yet, it just seemed devastating to even see them like this. Before I knew it, my feet began to move over the hard, wooden floorboards. My hand mentally reached for the knob, and onwards it turned, they both turned and gazed at me. My mouth slightly opened I spat out, “I want to be a vampire.”

This book has 37 comments. Post your own now!

flutterbye1888This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
  I think that you had Milla interact with Edward too much. Edward, at this point, would be completely enveloped with his new family.   They don't actually have conventional "fangs"   When introducing the characters, you probably shouldn't say things like "lets call her Bella," or "I guess I can call her Nessie," just because those nicknames were in the books and movies. Have the caracters ask her to call them those things after she uses t... (more »)

Tara_Tomlinson_99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
O.M.G this was awesome.

Tman2 said...
same thing you did twilight justice love the foster home thing

Girlonfire12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey i loved the book you just need to continue it. i don't believe this is your first fan fiction u r so good look for mine it is called how i survived the hunger games.

Tman2 replied...
You did a really great job I like the story and style

101929 said...
nicely done! creative ideas!

Naadz said...
Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:36 am
I love the book, but I want more! Please continue this book... I really really liked it! The plot is so great.. You really have a vivid imagination!:)

Alynumber4 said...
I like the idea of this book, and the writing is pretty good, but I find myself confused by a lot of the English used. English is my first language, and I'm fairly sure that alot of this is not using correct grammar. I'm not looking to really critique you or anything, but some of the paragraphs in which really important things happened I ended up having to re-read and spend a few moments speculating about what you had meant to say, which made it hard to get lost in the story. Try having someone ... (more »)

Lacer said...

Hmmhmmhmm. I know this is Twilight fanfiction, and I generally dispporve of fanfiction. It tends to be sloppy, and done in an hour over a wave of enthusiasm.
But, I do admit, the first page is done okay. No, I'm sorry to say I can't tell you that its good, and it does need improvement, but that's why I review, hmm?

First off, your usign first person narrative because Stephanie Meyer did it, and you want to be a character in the story. That is the weakness of all... (more »)

Branderz replied...
Thanks for the advice... But, I wasn't putting myself in the story whatsoever.... I also made this character up

Lacer replied...
It's a common association.

Moayo lest replied...
Feb. 4 at 12:21 am
I really love the plot to the story but im dying for more. and some romance would be relly cool to. just a suggestion. the end kinda confused me but it just added to the suspence.

Andra said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:44 am
is it free to post a novel? im new.

DirectingGabs replied...
Yess it is.

AHPK0 replied...
thank you for your help

UNserieswriter said...

having written both my stories from multiple points of view, i suggest you refrain from explicitly saying things like:

"From Alice's point of view."

Instead try to make it clear through thoughts, conversation, surroundings, and the characters actions who is currently holding the point of view.

Just some friendly advice. :)

Just some friendly advice

princees yui said...
sorry.not 2 be mean but totally 2 SHORT!But it was creative.

msoledadvc said...

Well, I think I'd better tell you before that sometimes I don't understand because my "mother language" isn't English, if not Spanish. So I'll read it again more carefully and try to understand. ;)

But I really love this book!

Branderz replied...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:50 am
Aww thanks and it's okay :)

msoledadvc replied...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 1:41 am
:) Just telling the truth.. By the way, do you know how to tag an article as favorite?? I haven't still figured it out, help?