Imperfection Is Beauty, Madness Is Genius | Teen Ink

Imperfection Is Beauty, Madness Is Genius

By Your_Beautiful_Lies SILVER, Cairo, New York
Your_Beautiful_Lies SILVER, Cairo, New York

"Expirence is a brutal teacher, but we learn. My God do we learn."~C.S.Lewis

OR
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantière

Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!

I knew I was good for this job and I knew that I would have to prove myself. Being my age and going into such a professional career was not common. Most people thought I was weird and never understood my jokes, but I was okay with that. There wasn't much I could do to change it. I pulled my car into the parking lot and took a deep breath before getting out and heading inside the building. Today was my first day as an official agent for the Behavior Analysis Unit. I was a profiler to say the least. There was a lot that went into the work that I do. It wasn't just watching people and figuring them out. It was noticing every little detail. Having an awesome memory helped me out also. I found myself walking into the bullpen and not knowing where to go. A man who looked like he was in his mid to late thirties came up to me.
"Can I help you?" He asked. "I hope so. My name is Annabelle Stevens. I'm supposed to start here today." I replied. "Oh, yes. I'm Special Agent Aaron Hotchner, your supervisor. Follow me." He said walking to his office. I followed him, but couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I looked over my shoulder to see four people staring at me. One was a black man who seemed to be smirking at something. The other three were females. One blonde who had glasses, another blonde who I recognized from the TV, and a brunette. I turned back around and took my seat in Agent Hotchner's office. He wasn't smiling and it made me uneasy.
Spencer's P.O.V.

I was running late, which wasn't like me at all. I raced inside, hoping that I hadn't missed anything important. When I made it to the bullpen I saw Morgan, Garcia, JJ, and Prentiss all talking about something. I walked up and greeted everyone. Silently listening to their conversation. "I heard she's as smart as Reid…" Garcia said. "Who?" I asked speaking up. "Our new team member." JJ answered. "We have a new member?" I asked. "Yup kid, you missed it. Hotch just took her in his office" Morgan said. "Did you get a name?" I asked. "What's with the twenty questions?" Prentiss asked. "I'm just curious." I said blushing slightly. Morgan laughed and patted me on the back. I walked off to my desk and put my bag down. I sat down and took a long sip from my coffee. Was there someone who was really as smart as me?

Throughout my conversation with Aaron Hotchner I didn't feel any less uneasy as I did when I first came in. Honestly I felt even more uneasy. Did this man ever smile? I knew this was a serious job, but there had to be something that made him happy or even grin. I looked at his desk and noticed it was pretty plain except for one picture, which I couldn't see from my position. He stood up after explaining how everything worked and walked to the door opening it. I stood up and he turned to me. "Now, you need to meet the other team members you will be working with." He said walking out the door.
I followed silently and became withdrawn slightly when we walked to the four people who were staring at me before. This time though there were two more members standing there. One guy had dark brown hair and the other was really tall. I studied the tall one. He had his back to me, while the others were looking straight at me. Upon seeing the others stare, the tall guy in the group turned around and I felt my stomach drop and I suddenly felt like I was in high school again.
Spencer's P.O.V.

After fixing up my desk and putting my things away I walked back over to the others. Morgan shot me a grin and Garcia made one of her usual comments about him. I smiled to myself and saw the others look past me. Hotch cleared his throat and I turned around. I couldn't believe who I was seeing. Annabelle Stevens. My head started to spin and I found myself staring at her. She had the same facial features, but clearly she had changed. Then again what should I have expected? When I last saw her she was 12, as was I.
"Annabelle, this is Derek Morgan, Penelope Garcia, Jennifer Jareau, Emily Prentiss, David Rossi, and...” He said before Annabelle interrupted. "Spencer Reid." She said smiling slightly, causing me to blush.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

"Spencer Reid." I finished for Agent Hotchner. "You know him?" Morgan asked. "We went to high school together." Spencer answered for me. "Seriously? He was like 12." Garcia said. "Yeah...So was I. He was my only friend." I said smiling. "Awe that's cute!" Prentiss said causing me to blush. How after all this time I still found myself liking Spencer Reid, I do not know. He was a sweetheart and just like me. We understood each other and that was more then I could ever ask for. I couldn't help but notice how much he changed. He looked the same for the most part but after more than ten years I didn't expect to see the same 12 year old boy. In fact I didn't expect to see him at all. It was a nice surprise; I was hoping he thought the same. I talked awhile with them and Agent Hotchner told me to call him Hotch. It felt a little rude, but if everyone else went by their last names, except for JJ of course, then I guess I could call him by his too. I went to an empty desk, which was now mine and sat down. I noticed a fuzzy little creature type doll sitting on top of my computer. I glanced at him confused. I hadn't put it there. Staring at it I didn't notice Spencer come up behind me?
"Garcia put that there. She likes to make things personal and happy when it comes to our work." He said softly. "Oh, I guess that's one way to do." I replied turning to face him. I blushed immediately looking at him. He was cute in high school in that geeky kind of way, but now we were both grown up and he had a whole new cuteness to him. "It's nice seeing you again." He said quietly. "You too Spency-Beans." I said using his nickname. "Wow...I can't believe I forgot about that." He replied pulling up a chair next to me. "And you say that you have an eidetic memory." I teased. "It mostly applies to the things I read though. That and I try to forget most things about high school." He said, causing me to frown. "What about me?" I asked. "I wouldn't forget you! You were the best thing about high school for me." He said quickly blushing. "You were for me too." I replied quietly. We both sat there in silence. It was awkward, but not in a creepy way. It was more of a comfortable awkward silence. Before either one of us could say anything more, JJ was calling us all into the conference room. I was about to get to work my first case.

I should have known that just because both Spencer and I had grown up physically that we were still immature when it came to the other person. When you have two people who have really high IQ's and you put them in the same room, something is bound to happen. I felt like I was back in high school around Spencer. He had been nice and welcoming at first, but as soon as I proved him wrong about one thing, it changed. Now he was making everything a competition between us. He wanted to prove he was still the smartest one. I personally didn't care. I was here to do a job and to do it well. Not to sit around and compete with boy wonder over statics that weren't even a part of this case. I sighed and in the middle of Spencer talking, I walked out of the room. Smiling to myself I went and got a coffee. When I came back Spencer was staring at me oddly, but he had finally stopped talking.
"Are you going to be able to handle this case?" Morgan teased. "Oh, I'm sure I will be fine. I worked for other crime units before so I'm up for anything. I just care about putting away the bad guys." I replied smiling. "Well, we will see." He said winking. I silently giggled to myself and looked over at Spencer. He had this frown on his face and quickly looked away. JJ finished showing and giving us the details on our case. I flipped through the pictures and my stomach turned. I could handle it, but it's not like I was made of steel. It still got me sometimes. This case involved a serial killer who targeted young brunette girls. He would torture them for 3 days before brutally killing them. Then he would dispose of them in such a crowded place, yet no one saw anything. I sighed and shut the folder. When I looked back up at the group I saw Spencer staring at me. He caught me looking back and turned away, his cheeking turning a light pink color. I smiled to myself and looked down. I would have to get my emotions in check and just work. Nothing could come between me and Spencer. It was against the rules and I knew that I would worry about him way too much. It was bad enough in high school. Especially after the flagpole incident with the football team. I had tried to speak up before being shoved down by one of the players. I was only 12 myself. I had dealt with a lot of abuse during high school as well. Girls constantly made fun of the fact I was flat chested and the guys were the worse. They treated me like meat and said things that no 12 year old should have heard. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't see mostly everyone get up and walk out of the room. Spencer waved his hand in front of my face.
"Hey...You in there?" He asked smiling slightly. "Wha...What? Yes...I'm sorry. Umm, where did everyone go?" I asked. "Well, they are getting their stuff together. We have to be on the jet in 30 minutes." He replied "Oh...okay, thanks" I said standing up. "Is everything alright Annabelle?" He asked softly. "Yes...I'm just...thinking of the past you know" I replied looking at my feet. "There's things that should be left in the past you know...you're thinking about that night aren't you?" He asked. "Spence...not now please...” I begged closing my eyes. I did NOT want to remember the night he was talking about. That night had been the worst day of my life. It was something that still haunted me to this day. I would gladly take the teasing ten times worse than ever have had that happen to me again or anyone else at all. I looked at Spencer and he was smiling apologetically. I smiled back and linked my arm with his arm. He blushed slightly and we walked out of the room. We stopped and grabbed some coffee then just headed to the jet early. Next destination Las Vegas, Nevada.

I was reading through the file once more while sitting on the Jet. I was in the back by myself. I had a lot on my mind. It's not like I was already trying to be antisocial. I just told them that I could read better when in privacy, rather than up near everyone else. Of course Spencer had known I was lying. I could read just like him and had no problem being around others. I stared at the photos of the victims and yet I wasn't even paying attention. All I could think about was that night so many years ago. I closed the folder and let out a long sigh. I turned towards the window and looked out, spacing off. A cough came from in front of me. I turned my attention back to who was in front of me. There sat Spencer.
"Hey" He said. "Hello Spence" I replied opening the folder again. Before I could act like I was interested, Spencer's hand went out and closed the folder. I looked up at him and knew what was coming next. I shook my head slowly and he took one of my hands in his. I was shocked at this move. It wasn't like Spencer at all. He was the awkward shy one who was never this open. Then again he was caring and compassionate. I smiled slightly and looked down at our hands. "Talk to me Annabelle. I hope that even though so much time has passed, we could still tell each other things" He said.
"I know...I really want to tell you Spency-Beans, I just...Things should be left in the past right?" I asked quoting him. "Something’s, yes, but when it's causing you problems like this...Annabelle...just tell me. I already think I know, but I'd rather you tell me. I'm not going to push you anymore, but I'm here" He replied. "Thank you...” I said quietly opening the folder again. I heard him sigh and let go of my hand. When I looked back up he was gone. I leaned back and soon the plane landed. We made our way to the police headquarters and set up there. Spencer and I were ordered to stay behind and map out the geographic profile of this Unsub. I was sitting there thinking to myself when I was interrupted. "Annabelle?" Spencer asked. "Yes Spencer?" I responded. "Do you still have the scar?" He asked.
I froze at that question. Why was he insisting on bringing up that night so much? I closed my eyes, then reopened them looking at him. He blushed a little and looked down. I knew he was feeling guilty. It was my first official day and already he had my head everywhere else but the case. I sighed and rolled my chair over to him. He looked at me as I put my leg up on his lap and rolled up the pant leg. There on my calf was a huge scar running from my knee cap almost to my ankle. He traced it and I shivered, rolling back. My leg fell to the ground and I blushed, while rolling down my pant leg. "Sorry" He apologized. 'No, no...It's fine...Um...Can we get back to work?" I asked. "Yes...but...Just tell me...What happened that night Annabelle. I know it's not easy talking about these things. Honestly if you hadn't been there when those football players stripped me and tied me up, I probably would have a very hard time telling you. It was bad when I told Morgan" He said. "If...If...I tell you...Will you drop it and never bring it up again? Also don't give me any pity looks or sympathy after I tell you. It's the past and I have come to terms with what happened" I said. "I promise" He said smiling slightly. I smiled back and took a deep breath. This was going to be one of the hardest conversations I would ever have with Spencer. We had been so close back then, but at that time in my life I was used to doing things on my own. That and I didn't want Spencer worrying over me. We were twelve and that was too much stress for such a young age. I took another breath before speaking.
"It was the night of the first home football game. I should have known better, but some of the cheerleaders came up to me and asked me to stay after the game. They had me believe that they wanted me on the squad. Said I was small enough to be on the top of the pyramid. I wanted so badly to fit in Spencer. So I foolishly believed them. When everyone left, I found myself alone standing underneath the bleachers. Soon there was a bag over my head and I heard them all laughing. I don't know exactly where they took me. It was out to one of their houses. When the bag was finally removed I was in a room with some of the guys from the football team. They were poking fun like they always did. Saying perverted things and pushing me around. It was all just a joke to them. Their laughs still ring in my head when I think about it. One of the guys had been drinking and tried to force himself on me...I...” I started to choke up. Spencer reached over and took my hand. I swallowed hard and blinked back a couple of tears before looking up again. Spencer was rubbing his thumb on my palm and I was thankful at that moment. I have never spoken about that night before.
"Anyways...I managed to somehow get away from underneath him and I took off running. I ran out of the room and they were still laughing. I remember running past the girls and them making comments about how I was a chicken and a tease...I also remember crying when I heard some of the guys behind me. I ran as fast as I could and next thing I knew I was on the ground. I had tripped and fell, breaking my leg. A stupid damn stick...They caught up of course. The break had broke my skin, which is why I have that pretty scar you saw...I was laying there crying and they just laughed and walked away. Left me alone. Eventually one of them called for help. I never spoke a word about it though. I told everyone I was just out for a walk...Honestly I don't know if I was afraid or just wanted to forget about it all together, but I did..It's the past anyways...and like I said...I've dealt with it" I finished. He just sat there staring at me for a moment before pulling me into a hug. I smiled and blushed at his movement. When he pulled away I sent him a puzzled kind of look. "You told me know pity and no sympathy words...you never said no hugs" He said smiling.
I smiled and softly ruffled his hair. He blushed and I rolled back over to my position before in front of the map. It felt good to finally get that night off my chest. It felt even better that it had been Spencer. He would understand above everyone else. I knew at that moment that it didn't matter how many years we spent apart, Spencer Reid was a part of my life and he wasn't going anywhere.

Spencer's P.O.V.

I had thought high school was tough for me. Annabelle had it worse. If I had been stronger and knew what I should have known then...Who was I kidding? I'm not the fighting type or even the confrontal type. I just wish she would have told me. I could have at least helped her out and got her through it. The worst part of it was I didn't think it was over. She may have failed to notice the victims strike an almost perfect resemblance to her, but I didn't. Nor did the rest of the team. It's why she was here in the office with me just trying to figure out the little details we might have missed. I looked up from my work and stared at Annabelle. She was concentrating hard and I couldn't help but smile. Whenever she was really concentrating she would stick her tongue out just slightly. I guess some things never changed. I turned back to my work and we sat in silence. When my phone rang she jumped slightly. I apologized quietly before standing up and answering my phone.
"Hello?" I asked. "Hey Reid, It's Morgan...We found out the name of our Unsub" He said. "Oh, who is it?" I asked. "His name is Ryan Stiles...” He replied. "That sounds really familiar" I said more to myself then to him. "It should. He went to your high school Reid. We're almost there so we'll go over everything with you and Annabelle when we see you" He said. "Okay...See ya" I said before shutting my phone. I sat back in my chair and tried to think back. Ryan Stiles...Ryan Stiles...He was a football player. His senior year he got hurt so he started drinking more and more. He had been the quarterback and lost his sports scholarship. He also had been the first one to grab me when they tied me to the post. I looked up at Annabelle when she broke through my thoughts.
"So what's going on?" She asked. "Umm, they found out the name of the Unsub" I replied. "Oh really, who is it?" She asked just like me. "Ryan Stiles" I said. Right after I said that she got quiet and it looked like the color drained from her face. She sat back in her chair and turned back to what she was doing. I wondered what was wrong and was about to ask her, but the team had returned. They all came and sat around the table. "So what can you tell us about this man?" Hotch asked looking between Annabelle and I. "He was a quarterback for the football team, but got injured his senior year. Lost all the scholarships he had and fell off the wagon after that. He became drunk and after I graduated I hadn't heard anymore from him" I said. "He has an anger problem" Was all Annabelle said. "Could you explain that?" Prentiss asked. "He just...doesn't handle rejection well" She said looking off. "Alright, well he's targeting pretty, small, brunette women. They are all between 22 and 25. He's keeps them in a locked up room for approximately 3 days before killing them. The way he kills them is the worst part of it" Prentiss said before Garcia was phoned in.
"Cases like this make me happy I am a blonde and not a brunette...This guy has earned an official ten on the creepy factor. He keeps them somewhere, where there are a lot of trees. He tortures them...and I mean really tortures. Everything you can think of happens to these women. How they can sustain it all I don't know. There are burn marks, cuts, bite marks, marks from where he tied them up. This guy has no soul. The most common thing is that he breaks their left leg and cuts it. They all have the same scar and cut when they are found. It's only that marking that sticks out too. Everything else is just here and there. No pattern other than that" Garcia explained. I felt myself look over at Annabelle. She looked even paler from before. I swallowed hard and cleared my throat. The team needed to know that Annabelle was the target. Hotch looked over at me. "Do you have something to add Reid?" He asked. "Yes...umm...Annabelle...has a scar...just like that and I know I'm not the only one who noticed how much these victims look like her" I said.
When I looked back at her, she seemed to be thinking everything through. The team looked at her and she nodded slowly before rolling up her pant leg and showing everybody. "Oh Jesus" Garcia said. "What is it Baby Girl?" Morgan asked. "Well I just looked through to see what ties Ryan Stiles might still have to Annabelle...I also looked through the other files. I found some more victims guys...They have different haircuts though and some date back as far as when you guys first graduated" Garcia replied. "Different haircuts? So he's been following me and whenever I made a change...his victims also had that change?" Annabelle asked "That's what it's looking like" Prentiss said. "Why would he want his victims to look like you?" Rossi asked. "In high school...I rejected him...I guess you could say...” She said quietly. "All of that plus the new rejection from his scholarships probably set him off" Morgan said. "Why hasn't he ever tried to contact me though?" Annabelle asked. "He could have. His appearance probably had changed from when we last saw him. If he sees a certain type you seemed to be drawn to. He could have changed his looks to that as well" I answered.
"Until we find him, Annabelle, you are to have a team member with you at all times. We're ready to give the profile...” Hotch said before walking out the door. We all stood up and Annabelle waited until everyone left the room but her and me. We walked out together and went to stand with the rest of the team she stopped and grabbed my arm. "What is it?" I asked. "I really have to go to the bathroom. I'll only be five minutes" She said. "You're not supposed to go anywhere alone" I said. "Reid...It's only the bathroom. If I'm not out within 5 minutes send Prentiss in. But you shouldn't worry" She said smiling at me. I smiled, but still felt uneasy. I walked with her to the bathroom and waited outside of the door. I continued waiting until I looked down at my watch. 5 minutes had come and passed. I began to get nervous and called for Prentiss. She walked over. "Could you go in there and check for Annabelle?" I asked. "Of course" Prentiss replied walking in the bathroom.
A couple minutes passed before she came running out. Her look confirmed my fear. She called out for the rest of the team and we all went inside the bathroom. There was a knocked over trashcan and a broken stall. Also one of the mirrors was broken. How did I not hear any of this going on? The window was open and there was a small amount of blood on it. My heart felt like it could beat right out of my chest. I should have heard something. How in hell did the Unsub get into a police station and manage to take Annabelle? I leaned against the wall and cupped my face. Morgan came over to me. "Don't worry Reid. We'll find her. She's the object of his obsession. He won't kill her. He'll want to keep her alive" He said trying to reassure me. It didn't help though. Nothing would help right now except getting her back. This was all my fault. My gut had told me not to let her go in there, but I did anyways. Now she was gone and he had her. My Annabelle.

"Annabelle...Annabelle...Wake up sleepy head" I heard a voice say. My head was pounding and I felt as if I had been hit by a truck. I groaned slightly and felt someone run a finger down my back. It was then I realized I was lying on my stomach. I went to roll over and suddenly my head was being jerked up by my hair. I let out a soft yelp and opened my eyes. Upon looking around I remembered where I was and who I was with. I shut my mouth tight and closed my eyes. Ryan...He had been watching me the whole entire time. Just waiting for me... I shivered and he pulled me into his arms. "I knew once they found out that I was that I couldn't waste any time. You belong to me Annabelle. You always have. Ever since I laid eyes on you" He said sniffing my hair.
"You're a creep. I was a little girl. You were a grown teenager. That's sick" I said through my teeth. "Watch your mouth Annabelle. It's so pretty, I would hate to have to hurt it" He said leaning in to my ear. I tried to jerk away from him but he just laughed and held me closer. His hands went down my arms and rubbed his face into my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut as much as I possibly could and tried to will myself to believe that this wasn't happening and if it was Spencer and the team would rush in at any minute. But they never came and this was real. Ryan Stiles had finally caught up to me.
Spencer's P.O.V.

We had to find her. I was mentally kicking myself around just thinking about it. I couldn't fully concentrate. All I could think about was those other victims and everything he did to them. What if he was doing that to Annabelle right now? What if he was touching her? I couldn't stand the thought. I sat down and put my head in my hands. "Reid...Someone is here to see you" Hotch said walking up to me. "Can it wait? I'm not really in the visiting mood" I said blankly. "No Reid, It can't. They are waiting in the conference room and don't worry. There won't be anyone interrupting you" He said before walking back off. I lifted my head up and was slightly intrigued by this strange visitor. Who could it be? I thought to myself. I slowly got up and walked over to the conference room. When I opened the door and saw who was inside I immediately dropped the coffee I was holding.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

"You don't know how long I've waited for this" He whispered stroking my hair. "You'll be waiting for the rest of your life" I spat. "Touchy Touchy...” He said putting his hand on my leg. "Don't touch me" I said through gritted teeth. He brought his hand back and smacked me. I winced and dropped my head down. He stood up and threw something across the room. I looked back up and he was pacing back n forth. "I don't want to hurt you Annabelle. Don't make me do it again" He demanded.
I closed my eyes and blinked back some tears. I wanted out of here. I wanted away from Ryan. Why he had became obsessive over me, I didn't know. He had me tied up to a table that was nailed down in the corner of a dark room. It looked like an old run down hotel room honestly. There was only a medium sized bed and a chair in the room, except for the table as well. I felt him come near me again and could smell the alcohol on his breath. I wanted to gag because of the smell. Alcohol was never something I could get used to. My father had been an alcoholic and caused my mother to leave. Despite what most people are probably thinking, my father wasn't abusive. Physically at least. He was a depressed lonely man. He usually stayed out all night and didn't come home until late afternoon, in which he would just sleep anyways. I had to learn to take care of myself. I guess it helped that I was a genius. I had knowledge of how to take care. I opened my eyes and he was right in front of me smiling. His hand had been traveling up and down my thigh for the past 5 minutes. I glared at him and when he went to kiss me, I bit his lip and knew I drew blood. He let out a cry and fell back a little. When he realized what just happened he came at me and hit me once more. I could feel the blood in my mouth after his hand made contact with my face. I bit back a small scream. He didn't seem to like that. He grabbed my head and pulled my hair, making me come closer to him. He smirked, expecting me to give in to him. Instead I just smirked right back at him and his smirk fell. I felt him slam me against the wall and slam my head harder. Black spots started to appear and I drifted off into unconsciousness.
Spencer's P.O.V.

"..Gideon?" I asked putting my eyebrows together. He had been the last person I expected to see. He disappeared over a year ago and now he was right in front of me. "Hello Reid, I heard you need some help finding an old friend of yours" He replied. "Yes...we do" I said nodding. "I'm here however you need me" Gideon said. And I had hoped again. If anyone could help it was Jason Gideon. The best profiler in my eyes. The one who always seemed to find the answers. And the man who understood me. With his help, we are going to find Annabelle.

When I finally woke up my head was spinning and I couldn't focus as well. I knew that I probably had a concussion from the impact of my head hitting the wall. All because of stupid Ryan. My eyes finally came into focus and I looked around the room. I was alone and I let out a sigh of relief. I tried to move my arms, but to my disappointment was still tied up pretty tight. I could feel the bruises already. I looked to the side of me and saw food and water. Too bad I couldn't reach it. "Do you want some?" I heard Ryan ask. I guess I wasn't alone as I had originally thought. I looked up to see Ryan standing there. He was smiling at me like nothing had happened. Like he hadn't kidnapped me and probably caused permant damage to not only me physically but emotionally. It was bad enough all those years ago in high school. He had always haunted me, although I thought it was just in my head. I never thought he was actually following me places. He obviously had nothing better to do. I wasn't going to give in to him though. Either I would starve to death or he would kill me. I was hoping that Spencer and the team would come find me, but I feared when they did, it would be too late. Ryan seemed to be waiting for some kind of answer. Part of my plan was to drive him even crazier. If possible. I wasn't going to talk to him or even acknowledge him anymore. I closed my eyes and thought about Spencer. How my heart had felt when I saw him again. The same old feelings came rushing back. Sure I had dated and been with some pretty good guys, but I always ended the relationship. No one could compare to Spencer. They couldn't make me laugh or smile as much as he could. They never understood me. It wasn't just because we both had high IQs either. It was something so much more than that. Thinking of Spencer brought a smile to face.
"What's that smile for?" Ryan asked. I didn't answer but I did open my eyes and look at him. He seemed confused and angry. He knew it wasn't because of him. I smirked and looked towards the wall to my right. If I was going to survive this, I knew the first thing I would do is tell Spencer how I felt. I wasn't planning on making it out though. I knew how this kind of Unsub worked. I was his obsession. His whole life. If I were to be taken from him now it would cause his whole world to crumble. That's something he won't let happen. If the police come, he'll kill me before giving me up. Then he would kill himself. There wasn't much I could do. I always worked more with my brain then my body. I couldn't fight him off anyways. He was stronger than me. Way stronger. I could only hold on as long as I tried.
Spencer's P.O.V.

We all sat around the table and listened to JJ talk more about the case. I was silently tapping my leg up and done. Trying to understand it all. I wanted nothing more to concentrate but I couldn't. It was affecting my ability to comprehend the things around me. I stared at the words and looked at the photos, but none of it registered. When I looked at the other victims all I saw was Annabelle. I cringed at the thought. "Reid, you have to concentrate. If you don't concentrate then we're not gonna get anything done. We need your head focused. Forget for a moment that it's Annabelle. How does this Unsub work? He's clearly delusional and thinks that Annabelle loves him as well. He's watched her for over 10 years. Why has he waited this long? Why now? Come on Reid. You know this guy. What's his attraction to Annabelle?" Gideon asked.
"He is delusional, but delusion and this level of organization are almost mutually exclusive. He was watching her. Waiting and somehow managed to get her out of here. He waited until we knew who he was. He was content on watching he change over the years. He thought he was a part of it. That was enough but as soon as he knew we knew, it would change. He panicked. She would disappear because we would protect her. He wouldn't have that. That's why he took her now. He was attracted to her from the moment he saw her. She was different...Unique and pure. Something he had never had before. She was smart and was the first one to turn him down. It changed his whole life to where she became his primary objective. But if faced with losing her...He'll just kill her. Now he has her in his arms, he's not going to let her go" I said glancing up at everyone.
"Exactly. But if we can trick him into believing she betrayed him. He'll change his mind" Gideon said. "We've just got to find him" Morgan said. "Say you all love me?" Garcia's voice ran through the pulled up computer screen. "We love you" Prentiss said. "Oh you better...is that Gideon?" She asked. "Hello Garcia...now why do we love you?" Gideon asked. "Why hello...anyways, I think I found him" She answered. "You think?" I asked.
"I searched through his name and couldn't find any recent activity. He doesn't own a credit card or a bank account anything...But...His father passed away and left him an old hotel not too far from here. Found out that after graduation his family relocated. He was put in therapy for awhile, which is why there are a couple of years between some of the deaths. As soon as he got out though the trail goes cold up until recently when he took over the hotel. Of course it's not in business now. It's completely empty and off the highway. A lot of space and not around people" Garcia explained.
"That makes sense. He's taking the girls there and because it's so secluded no one can hear or know what's going on" Prentiss said. "There's a good chance this is where he's keeping Annabelle. We need to get there ride away. But be cautious. If he finds out we are there before we get a good chance of moving in on him, he'll kill her. We can't let that happen" Gideon said. Everyone stood and we suited up to head out. The drive there was so long it seemed. I was nervous and I knew everyone knew it. Gideon squeezed my shoulder. The lights were turned off so we could sneak up on him. Everyone slowly got out of the vehicles, not bothering to shut the door. There were a lot of rooms to search and as soon as the first door was broken down we were on a fast running timed clock. Ryan would hear us at that moment and Annabelle’s life would be at the most danger it's probably ever been in. I ran a hand through my hair and followed Gideon and the rest of the team.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.
My eyes snapped open when I heard a crash not too far away. I looked at Ryan and knew he heard it as well. He rushed towards me and cut the rope that was tied to the table, but kept my hands tied. We were heading towards the door until there was a voice outside. It was Spencer. My heart started beating the fastest it's ever been. Ryan stood behind me and pulled out a gun. He aimed it at the door and I yelled. The door opened and Spencer came in with his gun drawn as well. "Spence...Don't...” I said. "Shut up" Ryan yelled at me. "Just put the gun down..." Spencer said. "Shut up!" Ryan yelled back. "No one is trying to take her from you" Spencer said calmly. "You're trying to outsmart me. Just like in high school...Trying to take her from me...I won't let you. Not this time" Ryan said. "Ryan...I promise you no one is going to take her. We both want the same thing...You want her happy and safe. So do I. If you keep a hold of that gun you're going to hurt her and I know you don't want that" Spencer replied. "You don't understand my love for her..." Ryan said.
"You're wrong I do. I love her too" Spencer said lowering the gun just a little. "NO!" Ryan yelled throwing me to the ground. "Calm down...” Spencer said. "You don't love her! You can't! She's mine...Not yours!" Ryan yelled pointing the gun right at Spencer. I took one look at Ryan and knew he was going to pull the trigger. Spencer was a threat, like he had been in high school. Ryan's hand started to squeeze the trigger and I didn't even think. I ran and jumped right in front of Spencer. The shot ran out and I felt intense pain shoot through my abdomen. I fell to the ground and heard Spencer yell, but it seemed so far away. I was losing focus again, but managed to see the team run in and Morgan tackle Ryan before he fired another shot. I looked back up at Spencer who was now holding me. He was yelling my name and telling me to hold on, but I felt myself becoming weaker. Then I blacked out as the pain seemed dull now.

Chris POV

Annabelle Stevens had been shot. The news sent shivers down Chris’s body. It sent shivers of rage that is. The pint sized genius had been Chris’s first American friend; God better have a good explanation on why the son of a b**** who shot her was still living. Chris strode through the busy hospitable, her eyes taking everything in. Not far from her was Annabelle’s assigned team, the BAU, all sitting in the waiting area, waiting for the news.
The news. Chris had to swallow at the cold thought. Annabelle would pull through. She was a genius! Granted being smarter than most of your classmates in FBI training doesn’t make you invincible but the idea that a simple bullet could kill one of the smartest and kindest people Chris had ever know frightened her more than a chainsaw wielding murderer. Chris looked over at a tall, cute man with dirty blonde hair, a worried expression clear on his face. “Yo,” she said, kicking the man in the shin lightly to get his attention. He looked up, confusion clearly written on his face. “Do I-”
“No but now ya do. Christina Munoz, FBI. This where Annabelle’s doctor gonna come out?” “Are you an acquaintance of hers?” a pretty blonde asked, taking in Chris’s appearance. Chris didn’t blame her; she looked like some random thug of the street. Torn up blue jeans, scuffed up army boots, an old demin jacket slung over one shoulder, a black shirt with sleeves that ended just past the elbows, and fingerless black gloves. It wasn’t like Chris could get all dolled up to go see her. The moment her supieoir had called her {he knew how close she was to Annabelle} she had literally dropped everything and broke the speed limit on her Harley just to come here.
Chris shot the blonde a thin smile. “Ya could say that.” Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she opened it with a practiced flip of the wrist. “Munoz you at the hospitable yet?” “Yeah.” “How’s your friend?” “Dunno yet. That’s what I’m waiting for, if this gae uhesah ever gets his ass out.” Her superior chuckled.
Spencer's P.O.V.
Her friend was odd from the outside for sure, but if she knew Annabelle and came here to check on her she couldn't be that bad. I knew that Hotch was having a background check done on her though. I sighed and sat down in a chair in the waiting room. Annabelle was in surgery. No one knew how long she was going to be or if she was going to pull through. I should have just shot him or pushed Annabelle out of the way. Why did she jump in front of me? It's not like I haven't been shot at before. I ran a hand through my hair and leaned my head back against the wall. "So umm how do you know Annabelle?" I asked Chris.
"She was one of the first people to befriend me when I came to America. We also worked in the international gang related crime part of the BAU together" She stated. I just nodded and couldn't help but notice how her Morgan flirted back in forth together. They were attracted to each other, even with her dressed the way she was. I became frustrated with myself again. If I never get the chance to tell Annabelle how I feel...I shook the thought out of my head. She was going to make it through. She had to.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.
I woke up, yet I couldn't open my eyes. There was a beeping sound and I could hear someone moving around in my room. Panic shot through me. Was I still with Ryan? Where was Spencer? Was He okay? I heard the beeping speed up rapidly. My eyes finally opened slowly and I saw a blinding light, causing me to blink a couple times. I went to move and a pain shot through me. I groaned and heard feet shuffling towards me. "Ms.Stevens?" A strange voice asked. "Y...Yes" I choked out. "You're in the hospital. You were shot" My eyes adjusted to see a nurse standing there. I closed my eyes to stop the tears. The pain was horrible and I wasn't used to pain. I opened my eyes and nodded at the nurse. She went to the door and opened it. I heard her say something, but wasn't for sure what. It wasn't long before the whole BAU was in my room, but also a new familiar face. A big smile found its way onto my face.
"CHRIS!" I yelled the best I could. "Hey Annabelle" She replied smiling. Chris was my best girl friend. I didn't like girls to much given my history with them. In fact I was pretty antisocial with people, but we had hit it off immediately. I smiled and received hugs from everyone except Spencer who held back. After reassuring everyone I was alright they left the room. Chris was a little harder to get to leave, but she did after awhile. Spencer slowly made his way over to the chair by my bed. "Annabelle...I'm so...” He started. "Don't! Don't say you're sorry. It was my own fault and besides, I couldn't let you get shot Spence" I interrupted. "I would have much rather taken the bullet" He said quietly. "Well too bad. I beat you to it" I joked. He smiled and took my head. My heartbeat increased and blushed madly when the beeping on the monitor did as well. Spencer looked at me and I could tell he wanted to say something. "What is it?" I asked. "Umm...” He trailed off before the nurse came in. "I'm sorry. Visiting hours are over. You can come back tomorrow" The nurse said before walking out.
I silently cursed the nurse. He was going to tell me something and I knew it was important. Should I tell him I love him? Did he possibly love me back? I mentally kicked myself for thinking that. This was Spencer Reid; he wouldn't love me like that. I looked at him and squeezed his hand. He smiled and stood up. Before leaving the room he bent over and kissed my forehead then whispered goodbye. I knew he could hear the monitor going crazy and probably saw me blushing. He blushed as well I noticed then waved a little before leaving the room. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes. Maybe things would change, but we couldn't...It was against the rules. Then again I was getting ahead of myself. Spencer Reid did not love me.

Being in the hospital reminded me just how much I actually hated hospitals. I sat up in the hospital bed and clicked through the channels. Nothing interested me much. I sighed and clicked off the TV. There was a knock on my door and yelled come in. Spencer walked in carrying a cup of coffee and a muffin. I smiled and he handed both to me before sitting down in the chair next to my bed. "I so love you for this Spencey-Beans" I said. "You can have coffee and solid foods right?" He asked. "Yes...I think...Never asked, but oh well" I replied. He gave me an uncertain look, but let it go. I picked apart my muffin and slowly ate each bite. Then I washed it down with the coffee. I leaned forward on one hand and stared at Spencer. He blushed slightly and moved back in his chair a little bit. I could tell I was making him uncomfortable. I sat back on the bed and ran a hand through my hair.
"I dislike hospitals" I stated. "I also do. Last time I was in the hospital I had anthrax and almost died" He said. "That's horrible...” I said quietly. "But I lived through it obviously" He said smiling. "I'm really glad that you did Spencer...I don't know...how I'd...be...without you" I mumbled. "I'm really glad you lived through this too Annabelle..There's something I want to tell you..I just..I don't know.." Spencer said. "Just tell me" I urged him. "Annabelle..Since highschool I....I.." He started to say. "Spencer....." I whispered "What is it?" He asked looking at me. "I..I..I can't breath.." I answered. My heart monitor started going off faster and faster. I felt my airway get tighter and I heard Spencer call for the nurse before I blacked out. The last thing I remember is the doctors rushing in and Spencer standing in the corner with his hand over his mouth. Why was life always getting in the way?
Spencer's P.O.V.

I could do nothing but sit and watch as the doctor and nurses had to push air into Annabelle’s lungs. They performed CPR and I heard the beeping on her monitor slow down. At first that frightened me, but the doctor and nurses seemed to calm down, which calmed me. Why couldn't I just tell her how I feel? Was it really that hard to just come out and say 'Annabelle I love you'? Apparently yes it was, for me at least. Even after all these years I was still nervous and shy around her. She was the same, but seemed to have a bit more confidence then me. I was sitting outside of her room once more when her friend Chris walked up. "How is she doing?" She asked staring at the door. "She had a reaction to the medicine not too long ago, she stopped breathing, but she's okay right now" I stated staring at the door as well. "Visitors?" She asked.
"They said she was awake again, so you could go in" I said running my hand over my face. "Why haven't you?" Chris asked. "Truthfully..I'm scared to death.." I said quietly. "Give her more credit. She's a fighter and you two have things to talk about from what I've gathered" She said before walking into Annabelle’s room. She was right though. Annabelle was a fighter and we did have things to talk about. Maybe that's why I hadn't went in yet. Everytime I went to tell her something came up. Maybe it was a sign not to tell her, but she'll want to know what I wanted to tell her. I would have to make something up and just keep my mouth shut for awhile. As much as I wanted to tell her I loved her, now wasn't the time. She was shot because of me and kidnapped because I couldn't protect her. The last thing she needed was me dropping that bomb on her, especially after not seeing or even being in contact with me for over 10 years. I decided to just wait..that I could do and I would for Annabelle.

Chris POV

Did Chris remember Tae Yang? Does a cop remember to reload once his gun was empty of bullets? Of course she remembered him; his smile, that irritating way he could calm her down with a simple gesture, the very fact he could handle her rough-around-the-edges ass, when her own parents had threanted to disown her! Oh yes…she could remember him. She could also remember that in less then three months from now Tae Yang was getting married. To a woman who wasn’t Chris…even when he knew how much Chris loved him.But for Annabelle’s sake she had never told her the truth behind her rapid leaving from Korea. And for Annabelle’s sake she was also pasting on a smile. They sat down in the hospitable waiting room, Chris’s heart so loud that she could swear everyone would hear it. But no one looked up. Annabelle was waiting with an adorable puppy dog look. "Love…is a wonderful thing Bells. Now it doesn’t turn the damn world round, money does that, but it comes pretty close. Tae Yang and I were like magnets; positive and negative. Inseparable. You and Reid are gonna be the cutest damn thing since the creation of puppies. But loving someone isn’t easy.”
Annabelle cocked her head in a birdlike fashion. “Well yeah, doing anyth-” “No. when you love someone you have to be willing to bare your soul to that person. You have to be there both when they need it and when they don’t. Respect them, respect what they feel. And always remember, while you may bare your soul, he may not. People ain’t perfect. We’re human. Humans make mistakes. And it’s always tough to admit them.”
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

I sat and thought about what Chris had just said. Humans make mistakes..Love wasn't easy. Well It certainly hadn't been easy for Spencer and I. Come to think of it, he could have just meant friend love. Was I ready to bare everything in front of Spencer. There were things that I never wanted anyone to know. Things I hadn't even told Chris about my life. I smiled at Chris and even though she smiled back, it was pained. Tae Yang was someone really important to her, but there was heartbreak. I didn't want to feel that. Being with Spencer could cause me pain..heartbreak, something I couldn't handle right now. "I know what you're thinking Annabelle" Chris said. "No you don't" I responded. "Don't chicken out on Spencer" She said. Damn her for knowing me so well. I looked down at my hands on the table and sighed. Spencer and I couldn't even be together. It was against regulations and we were both extremly shy. We would be too worried about the other person while on the job, more then we already were of course. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Chris poked my forehead.
"What?" I asked. "I said it's time we get you back to your lover" She smirked. "Oh..right" I smiled standing up. She walked with me back to his room then pushed me in, pretty much slamming the door after. I glared at the door before turning to face Spencer. I walked over to him and he smiled shyly. "How are you feeling?" I asked. "Alright. I'm just in a lot of pain" He said as the nurse walked in. "Why don't you take some medicine?" I asked. "Umm..I'd rather not" He replied looking away from me. "O..kay, but it would help a lot" I said. "Look I don't need it Annabelle so just stop" He half yelled at me. I was taken back from the tone of his voice and the nurse quietly left, leaving us in silence. I was hurt that he yelled at me. Spencer never had been this way before.
"It was just a suggestion Reid " I said more coldly then I wished. "If I had wanted it I would have asked for it. Therefore it was a stupid suggestion" He responded. "I don't know why you're acting this way..but you should know it hurts" I said before turning away and walking out the door. Once outside I noticed Chris was talking to Morgan. I didn't want her to see me so I ducked into the bathroom. I locked the door and leaned against it, sliding to the floor. I put my head in my hands and let a couple tears slip. I had never cried this much over someone before. I hated this feeling...I hated love.

Gideon's P.O.V.

I noticed Annabelle slip quietly into the restroom. Pain had been clear as anything on her face. I felt a protectivness and certain anger come over me. I liked Spencer as an agent and as a friend, but if he had caused Annabelle to become this way..the consequences would be dear. I slowly walked into Spencer's hospital bed and sat down next to him. He wasn't looking at me, but I could tell he was in pain as well. It wasn't just physical pain either. "What happened?" I asked leaning back in the chair. "You were there..The Unsub.." He started. "That's not what I'm talking about Reid" I interrupted. "Annabelle..?" He asked quietly. "Yes. What happened with Annabelle?" I responded. "..I..umm..snapped at her..when I shouldn't have" He replied. "About what?" I questioned. "Narcotic pain killers" He said looking a me. "She doesn't know though, does she?" I asked. "No..She doesn't" He answered.
"Then it doesn't make much sense now does it" I said. He just shook his head and looked off again. I sighed and stared at the floor for a moment. My head was a mess as of right now. I was torn. Spencer had been like a son to me, but I wanted to protect Annabelle and keep her from all harm that could come her way. It was the main reason I decided to join the BAU once more. Even if it killed me..Annabelle Stevens was never going to get hurt again.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

I checked my face once more in the mirror before unlocking the door and leaving. I was walking towards Chris and Morgan. They looked so cute together and I had to admit it would be nice to see Chris happy even if it was with Derek Morgan. I took a seat by the wall and watched the two of them. They were arguing with each other about the best defensive anc combat moves. I smiled to myself. Of course only they could have a conversation like that. I was so wrapped up in watching them I didn't notice a man come sit next to me. He cleared his throat and I finally looked at him. Looking into his eyes I thought I was stariing into my own. They were familiar. "Annabelle, correct?" He asked. "Um..Yes..I'm she" I answered. "My name is Jason Gideon.." He trailed off. "Jason Gideon?! The Jason Gideon?" I asked smiling. "You've heard about me I presume?" He asked smiling as well.
"Of course. You're practically the best profiler there is. Spencer thinks very highly of you as well" I said before frowning. Spencer...Spencer Reid..The reason my heart was broken right now. Gideon seemed to pick up on my discomfort . "I just came to tell you that Spencer would like to see you. I imagine he has some explaining to do" He said smiling off in front of him. "Umm okay..thank you" I said standing up. "It was a pleasure finally meeting you Annabelle" He said holding out his hand. "As it was you" I replied shaking his hand. I walked slowly into Spencer's room. Part of me wanted to run in, the other half wanted to run away. The way he had acted before had hurt and I wasn't ready to go through that again. I swallowed the lump in my throat and fully stepped inside. Spencer looked up at me and smiled apologetically. I smiled a small smile back and made my way towards him.
"I met Gideon" I said quietly. "He's very..wise to say the least" Spencer said."He told me you wanted to see me" I said. "Yes..um..Annabelle..I want to apologize for earlier...You've been crying.." He stated. "No I haven't" I responded. "You can't lie to me..I'm so sorry. You don't know so you wouldn't understand.." He said. "So explain..please?" I asked grabbing his hand. He blushed and looked at our hands. I couldn't help but blush as well. He was bringing a side of me I didn't like. A vunerable emotional side and I was falling head over heels for him because of it. "Well..We were called to investigate a wealthy couple's murder in their home following a Super Bowl party. We pursued what we believed was multiple killers, who used webcams to record murders and upload the tapes on the internet. Hotchner, Morgan and Prentiss soon discovered the Unsub was actually one man with multiple personalities. The same man JJ and I were going to see. JJ and I split up to go around this barn. We should have never split up..I was kidnapped by the Unsub, Tobias Hankel. He tortured and drugged me over several days with Dilaudid. It lead me to become addicted to the drug. The team noticed the difference the drug was causing in me and I got clean. I've been to a couple of meetings for help. It still tempts me, so I don't like to put any drug in my body" He explained.
I didn't say anything and neither did he. We sat there in silence and once again I felt like I wanted to cry, but no tears would come. Spencer didn't deserve any of that. "Why didn't you just tell me?" I asked. "I was ashamed.." He answered. "You don't have to hide anything from me Spencer. You know that" I said squeezing his hand. "I meant it you know.." He said quietly. "Meant what?" I asked confused. "I umm..I..love you" He said blushing. "I meant it too..I love you Spencer" I said smiling. It didn't register what Spencer was doing until his lips were alread on mine. I should have seen it coming though. He sat up and leaned over to me, despite the pain. I felt fireworks go off and the butterflies erupt in my stomach. I would do anything to keep this feeling. His lips were soft and felt right against mine. He pulled away leaned back into the bed. I smiled and he was blushing, but smiling as well. I sat there and just held his hand. No words were needed at this moment.
Garcia's P.O.V.

I hadn't meant to snoop. I had just forgot to stop the searches on Annabelle and her past. Yes she had been found and the sick perv was in jail, but I was a busy girl. So when the name of her biological father popped up, I was more then surprised. There was no way she knew.. I felt guilty about digging in her past before, now I was in big trouble. If she knew then it wasn't a problem, but if she didn't and I somehow let it slip..It would be bad. I couldn't handle this on my own so I called the one and only Derek Morgan. He arrived not to long after the phone call and I noticed a girl, dressed quite...oddly, arrive with him. Normally I would be going crazy jealous, but I had Kevin now. Derek walked to me alone and that I was greatful for. The new girl scared me frankly. I sat down in my chair and looked at him. "You might want to sit down" I said. "What is it baby girl?" He asked sitting down.
"I didn't intentionally mean to find this out. I forgot to shut down the search..which is unlike me and I feel horrible..God do I feel horrible and sick for prying into Annabelle’s life.." I rambled. "Garcia..Penelope..What's going on?" He asked. "...So..Through the search I found out where Annabelle was born and raised of course..pretty much everything about her. There was a file that was sealed shut and I managed to hack into it..It was about her biolgical father.." I explained. "Okay..so what's the deal? Is he a killer or our next Unsub..what?" He asked. "......It's Gideon" I answered.

Annabelle’s P.O.V.

I was avoiding Spencer like he was anthrax. It wasn't as easy as I originally thought. Working together made it practically impossible. He was officially out of the hospital and it had been two weeks before he returned to work. We talked here in there but it was mostly awkward. We didn't know how to act around each other anymore. What used to be so easy was now the hardest thing. I tried really hard not to let if get in the way of work. Hotch was always glaring at the two of us, while Morgan and Garcia teased us. Chris was acting really weird. There was something she was hiding from me. She wasn't the type to hold anything back but she was avoiding me as much as I tried to avoid Spencer. Gideon had came back to the BAU and fit in like he never left. Even Rossi was okay with him coming back. It amazed me how everyone, especially Spencer, would stop and listen and hang off of every word he said. I looked down at the case file in front of me. We were in the conference room listening to JJ tell us more about our newest case. Fifteen women were dead and all in public places. One was in a bathroom resturant, another was in a locker room. Yet there was not one witness or one thing heard, when there was clear struggle. There wasn't a specific type either. Some were blonde..others were brunette. The oldest we had was 47, the youngest was 20. There was strangulation used on most, but the rest were stabbed. None of which were sexually assualted. I put my eyebrows together and stared at the pictures spread out. Everyone was flustered about the case and the odds of actually figuring this guy out weren't that great right now. We would have to really dig. The plane ride was quiet and I sat peacefully beside Spencer, staring out the window. Gideon and him were playing chess. There was times when it seemed Gideon wanted to say something but then he would just walk away. The last case we worked on he refused to let me go into the field. It was frustrating on so many levels. I zoned out, so when Spencer tapped my shoulder to let me know we had landed, I jumped.
"I'm sorry..I didn't mean to scare you" He apologized. "It's okay Spence" I smiled. He smiled back and we got off the plane and got right into the SUV. I was riding with Spencer, Morgan, and Prentiss. JJ, Hotch, Rossi, and Gideon were riding in another SUV. Prentiss and I were discussing the case, while the boys were talking about something else. "We have to figure out what sets this guy off" Prentiss said. "Something specific makes the Unsub act out and kill these women. I just wish I could figure it out. I've never had this problem. It's usually easy reading people" I said. "Well one this is for certain this isn't our usual Unsub" She replied. "The cops don't even have a suspect list and as far as they could tell, these women have nothing in common. Just in the bad place at the wrong time" I frowned. "If there are connected in any way, Garcia will find it" Prentiss assured me.
"I sure hope so..hey can I ask you a question?" I asked. "Sure, what's going on?" She responded. "Do you know..why umm..Morgan and Garcia..and Chris have been acting so weird lately?" I asked. "I've noticed that they have been acting different, but I honestly don't know. If I did I would tell you Annabelle" She replied. "Do you think you could try to find out for me? I'm sorry to ask this but I don't like the idea of secrets and it's only around me they get this way" I said. "It's not a big deal. I'll figure out what I can and let you know" She smiled. "Thanks Emily" I said. "Anytime" She replied.
Morgan's P.O.V.

I looked into the rearview mirror to see Emily and Annabelle studying the file. It made no sense that Gideon would father a child and not let that child know. Maybe he didn't even know. Of course he knew. It was Jason frickin Gideon for Christ's sake. He knew everything. The resembelnce between them was obvious. I'm surprised no one saw this. As far as I knew only Garcia and I knew. I wasn't planning on saying anything though. If Gideon did know..It was up to him to tell her. I'd have to talk to him to see if he even knew, although I'm sure he did. We pulled up to the police station and set up everything there. We got briefed by the lead detective on the case and went to work. Annabelle and Spencer were the dream team. Two geniuses this case would be closed in no time. Even if it seemed close to impossible right now. I noticed Gideon get up and leave the room, so I followed.
"Hey Gideon.." I said catching up. "Yes Morgan?" He asked pouring a cup of coffee. "I have a question, It's about you and Annabelle" I said making him freeze. "What about her and I?" He asked turning towards me. "Garcia found something on accident..I just..I'm not sure how to ask this" I stumbled with my words. "If you're asking if I know she's my daughter then...the answer is yes. I didn't find out until about two months ago. I ran into an old friend who knew her mother. She decided to finally tell me" He said. "Are you going to tell her?" I asked. "I don't see why I should right now. Her life has been hard, lately more so. There's no reason to add on to that right now" He answered. "But she has a right to know. She works with you everyday" I argued. "It's between me and her Morgan. I'd like it to stay that way" He said before walking off.
I sighed and grabbed a cup. As I was pouring the coffee, Hotch came up to me. "What was that about with Gideon?" He asked. "Just a disagreement on some personal issues" I replied. "Well we need to focus on this Unsub and this case" He said. "I know that..Hey Hotch..Can I ask you a question" I said stirring my coffee. "Sure, but make it fast" He responded. "If you found out that you had fathered another kid and you saw that kid everyday..Would you be able to keep it a secret and not tell the kid?" I asked. "I wouldn't be able to, but Gideon has his reasons. Let's get back to team" He replied walking off. So Garcia and I weren't the only ones that knew. I walked slowly into the room and sat down next to Prentiss. She gave me a questioning look and I just shook my head. This wasn't right to keep it from Annabelle, but it also wasn't my place to say anything. I just wish Gideon would tell her someday, and not too late.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

It was so painfully obvious that I'm surprised Spencer and I had missed it. This Unsub wasn't as complicated as we thought. I ran to the team and Spencer stood up with a worried face. To which I rolled my eyes. "I figured it out" I yelled. They all stopped to look at me before motioning for me to go forward. "It seems so random, but really it's not. Do you remember the first two victims? They were mother and daughter. Both were killed while in a vunerable place. They were in a bathroom. Look at the rest of the victims. All the older women look alike and the younger ones that are killed right after look like they could be the daughters of the older women. This Unsub probably lost his mother and sister..The public place is something that resemblences their deaths. We need to look and see if there was a mother and her daughter killed somewhere public where there was lots of people. Also see if they left behind a brother and son" I said.
"It makes since. This Unsub had his mother and sister taken away, so now he's doing it as well. There were people who could have helped, but didn't" Spencer said. I smiled and Morgan got on the phone with Garcia. It wouldn't take her long to find the information. I was just hoping I was right. I sat down and looked over the file again. I wasn't paying attention to anything but the case. I should have been paying attention though. I felt something smack my head and I came back into reality. I looked for the source and there standing by the doorway was Chris smirking at me. I smiled and got up, walking to her. I hugged her and she stiffened slightly.
"Chris..what's going on? Why have you been acting so weird?" I asked. "There's something I need to tell you..It's about something I overheard" She said. "Okay?" I asked. "We need to go somewhere where it's just you and me" She stated. "Alright..we'll go into the interview room over hear" I said walking to the room. I opened and after making sure it was empty I walked in with Chris. I turned to her and she seemed bothered. It was weird to see her this way. "What's going on Chris?" I asked. "It's about your father" She said. "My father?" I asked confused. "You're real biological father" She said. My eyes widened. I didn't know who he was. My mother had never spoke about him. Did she know who he was?

Chris POV

Did she know who her father was? For once in her damn life Chris knew something other then the proper way to break someone’s arm. Chris nodded, not quite sure just how to approach this. Subtely had never exactly been her strong point. Chris took a deep breath and gave her friend a shaky smile. “Bells…you know subtly has never been my strong point right?” Annabelle nodded. “A major understatement but yes.” “Your old man is Jason Gideon.” The shock was written clear on Annabella’s face. The girl didn’t believe a word Chris had just said. “If this is some kind of sick joke Chris,” Annabelle started, giving Chris her most ice melting glare she could summon, “it’s not very funny.” Chris mentally shrugged of the glare. “Am I smiling girly? I overheard it; Garcia accidently found out and told me and Morgan. Figured you would want to hear it from an old friend before you heard it from Morgan or Garcia.”
Annabelle bit her lip, deep in thought. “Then…then why didn’t he tell me? Why wait so long?” Chris gently hugged the younger girl. “Dunno girly. That’s something you’ll have to ask him.” There was a soft knocking at the door and both women looked up in time to see Morgan open the door. He gave Annabelle a soft, sympathizing smile and then turned to look at Chris. Annabelle wiggled out of her friend’s arms and shook her head. “I-I-I’ve got to go. I’ll be back later,” Annabelle mumbled under her breath, ushering herself away from Chris and squeezing past Morgan. Chris felt like s***. She couldn’t have thought of a better way to say that to Bells? God…no wonder she was a failure at speech school. She dropped her head to study the carpet, mentally kicking herself even harder. No wonder Tae Yang chose some other girl over her. Chris was too rough. And because she was too rough she’d just hurt one of, if not her only friend. She felt a gentle hand lift her chin up so she was looking up into Morgan’s eyes.
“That bad huh?” he asked Chris gave him a broken smile and ran a hand through her hair. “Could have been better. So…is this how you score? Hitting on a girl when she’s sad?” Morgan chuckled, making Chris give a more genuine smile. “I’m thinking more of making her feel better. Coffee?” “Sure Casanova. But you’re paying.”
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

He was my father and saw me almost everyday now. How could he just go day by day as if there was nothing at all? The way he looked so familiar made so much sense now. I rushed past everyone and kept my head down. Which caused me to run straight into the back of Hotch. "I'm sorry Hotch..I wasn't paying attention" I mumbled out still looking down. "It seems you still aren't" He said causing me to look up. "I just got some really..interesting news..to say the least, excuse me if I'm not up to your perfect little standards" I snapped before pushing past him.
I didn't know where I was going and right now I didn't care. I didn't care that I had just yelled at my boss and could possibly be suspended or fired. I wanted to get far away from this place and away from Jason Gideon. My whole life I needed a father and he wasn't there. Now he showed up and couldn't even tell me. I glared at everyone who looked at me. I wasn't myself and I mentally cursed at myself for behaving this way. Walking out of the police station I went to the city park and sat down on a bench. I had just walked out of the job without so much as telling anyone anything. I sighed and put my head in my hands. I felt someone sit next to me but didn't look up. I felt a sharp pain come into contact with my head then felt myself black out.
Spencer's P.O.V.

"Has anyone seen Annabelle?" I asked to no one directly. "I don't know about her, but Morgan and Chris just left to get coffee, maybe she went with?" Prentiss suggested. "No, she didn't go with. She ran out the door pretty upset" Hotch said. "About what?" I asked. "I don't know. She didn't say. She snapped at me then left" He replied. I pushed my eyebrows together and looked out the door, not like I could honestly see her. If she was upset, she should have came to me. I would have listened. Then again she hasn't exactly been around me much. Why did I have to kiss her? Because I love her..It was complicated now. Two shy people don't exactly mix. I sat down and rubbed a hand over my face. Gideon came and sat down next to me.
"I know why she's upset" He said. "You do?" I asked confused. "She's my daughter Reid..and I didn't tell her" He replied. "Daughter?" I choked out. "I didn't even know I had another child out there until two months ago. I should have just told her, but she seemed happy and things were stressful for her as well. It didn't seem like a good time" He explained. "How would she have found out?" I asked. "She works for the FBI. I'm guessing anyone could find out and told her. Or she herself managed to find out" He sighed.
I just nodded while I processed the thought. Gideon was Annabelle’s father. Somehow she found out and now she was M.I.A., which worried me greatly. Her first month here and already she had been kidnapped, shot, and just found out that the person she's been working with is her father. Anyone would quit after that. I hoped she wouldn't. I just got her back into my life and I didn't want to lose her. JJ rushed over to us, a worried look on her face. She was carrying a letter.
"Prentiss see if you can get a hold of Morgan and Chris, Hotch, we have a problem" She said. "What is it?" He asked. "This letter just arrived and it makes no sense until the last part" She replied. Hotch took the note and looked it over then closed his eyes. Something was wrong and I could feel it in the pit of my stomach. When Hotch turned and looked at Gideon and I, a pain shot through me. He handed Gideon the note, then it was handed to me. No one said a word as I read.
Hello BAU members,
Someone very close to me has come to you for help. You have taken her from me and that has angered me greatly. I believe that a trade is in order. Since you have taken something dear to me, I have taken something dear from you. If not returned I will kill Agent Stevens. You have 24 hours to do so.
The color drained from my face and I was positive everyone could hear my heartbeating rapidly right through my chest. Annabelle was kidnapped..again? As if things couldn't get worse we had no idea who this stranger was. No one had came to us for help. Prentiss cleared her throat and we all looked at her. "I just got off the phone with Morgan. Both him and Chris are on their way back now..Do we have any idea who this person is? Or what they are talking about?" She asked. "We're here working on a different case..We have no idea" Hotch said.
Morgan's P.O.V.
"That was Prentiss, We need to get back to the station" I said reluctantly. I didn't want to have to go back just yet. I was getting closer to Chris and our first date and it gets cut short. I sighed and paid for the coffee. "What's going on?" She asked as we walked outside. "Don't go running off and freaking out okay?" I said turning towards her. "Just tell me what's going on" She demanded. "It's Annabelle.." I started. "What about her?" Chris asked. "Well..It seems she got kidnapped...again" I said. "WHAT?!" She yelled. "Hey..hey..calm down.." I tried to say. "CALM DOWN? She's my best friend Derek..don't you dare tell me to calm down" She snapped. "Alright Alright..but we'll find her..We did before" I said. "You better hope that you do" She said before walking off and getting into the car. I closed my eyes and started making my way to the car as well. I heard a girl scream and yell out my name. I stopped and looked to see some people crowding. Before I could register a girl came running towards me and into my arms. I hadn't seen this girl in so long I almost didn't believe it. But her arms around me and the blood now soaking my clothes was the proof. I pulled away and took a look at the girl.
"What are you doing here Katelyn?" I asked "My boyfriend..ex..He..He's going to kill me" She cried out. "Whoa..slow down..um..lets get you to the hospital.." I said before being interrupted. "She can go to the hospital after you drop me off at the station" Chris snapped. "She's bleeding everywhere" I argued. "I don't care..Annabelle is missing" She yelled. "Someone's missing?" Katelyn asked. "Yeah, my best friend not that it's any of your buisness" Chris said. "Oh God..It's probably him..He knew I was going to you Derek..He knew.." Katelyn said crying. "It's your fault she's missing?" Chris asked taking a step closer. "Chris..Calm.Down...I'll drop you off and take her to the hospital" I said helping Katelyn into the car. Chris glared but climbed back into the car. The whole ride was silent and before I could even stop the car properly, Chris was slamming the car door and running inside. I drove to the hospital and patiently waited for the doctor.
Spencer's P.O.V.

After Chris got back and told us her story it made sense, although we would have to talk more to this Katelyn character to find out more. Annabelle was missing because some Mafia boss' girlfriend broke up with him and ran to Morgan. Chris was beyond pissed and I was worried out of my mind. The Mafia had the girl I was madly in love with and Annabelle knew nothing. We didn't even know anything until about 10 minutes ago. I rubbed my eyes and Gideon was pacing back n forth. Hotch's phone started going off and we heard Garcia on the other end.
"So I have some really bad icky news. This guy..is not someone to mess with. His buisness, if you could call it that, has caused multiple deaths and disapperances. Now Morgan's Katelyn friend has been tied to him for the past 5 years. She doesn't have the best of records either. But with every bad news, there comes good news. You know the DNA found at the crime scenes, not only did I determine that it was tears, I have a match. It seems Katelyn's ex mafia boyfriend recently lost both his mother and sister in a public shoot out. Ringing any bells for ya? He's our Unsub. I just hope we catch him in time to save Annabelle" She finished.
"Good Job Garcia, if you find out anymore let us know" Hotch said. "Will do..Oh and Reid?" She asked. "Yes?" I replied. "She's a strong girl and we both know she loves you" She said before hanging up. I swallowed hard and looked at the rest of the team. Hotch looked a little disapproving, the rest gave sympathetic looks. Except for Gideon and Chris. Gideon looked a little angry to find out I was with Annabelle in a way, while Chris was smiling a small smile. I was praying we could figure this all out. We needed to talk to Morgan again to figure out more about Katelyn and her choice of men.

Katelyn Marie’s POV

I had finally made it away from Vincent. I was moments from death but I got away and for that I was grateful. I was also grateful for the fact that I got to see Derek again. He just seems to get better looking with age. Last I saw of him was when he was back home in Chicago five years ago to visit his family just like he did every year. Now I get to see him again but it had to be because of something bad happening.I opened my eyes slightly when I heard Derek leave the room. The morphine that the doctors pumped into me was enough to dull the pain from being stabbed but not enough to completely knock me out. I heard him talking to someone outside the door and I strained my ears to hear. He was telling them what I had told him before and that girl from before sounded angry. I didn’t think she liked me very much but that’s her problem. Just because I’m dating, er dated, an Italian mafia boss doesn’t mean I’m a bad person. Yes I may do some stupid choices but there always to make other’s happy. Never myself.One of their phones rang and I turned my head towards the door slightly. Something was up and they all left. I felt hurt since Derek didn’t even come back to say good bye. God I can’t believe I still had feelings for him. Ever since middle school we’ve been best friends and we even dated for 3 years straight in high school. Then he left to become a FBI agent and I got dropped to do my own thing. Nice right? Well I couldn’t be mad at him since I basically yelled at him to go and save the day just like he always wanted to do. I missed him. Actually I missed us.I shook my head as tears started to form. It seems like ever since I met Vincent all I would do is cry. I wish I had never met him, but what’s done is done not much to do now but to wait and see what will happen next. I finally closed my eyes and drifted off. I was maybe hoping for a nice peaceful dream but it seems as if I’ve been denied any right to be happy. I was running away from someone and in the back of my mind I knew it was Vincent. I knew that if I stopped he would kill me. He may love me with whatever heart he has but he doesn’t like sharing anything. So when he finally realized his feelings for me, he stopped using me as a lure to bring in men with money. He shot anyone who even looked at me funny which made no one want to talk to me. I was always alone. And I was still alone even in this dream. No one could save me-.I screamed when Vincent’s face appeared before me and he lunged at me. He was holding a big kitchen knife right above my stomach as he pushed me to the ground.
“Shhhh! Don’t move.” He whispered laughing hysterically. For a moment I pictured the joker and that’s how creepy it was. He also had this mad look to his eyes and he grazed the knife along my face gently. He then seemed to wake up and this furious look morphed his face from what I had at first seen as handsome. He went to go plunge the knife down when I sat up screaming in the hospital bed. “Katelyn!” Derek was holding my arms down as I tried to get free still thinking that Vincent was after me. “Katelyn Marie Milano! Stop hitting me!” I looked at him for a moment and just burst into tears. He pulled me into a hug and started to rock me back and forth saying that everything was going to be alright. But nothing was ever going to be alright ever again. He would always find me. If it’s not in reality it’s in my dreams. After a few minutes I giggled at a memory from a long time ago from when we were in high school. “What’s so funny?” Derek said looking confused.
“I just thought about back in freshman year how I came crying to you because Jonathon had the whole track team calling me a slut because I wouldn’t go out with him.” I said smiling as I saw Derek shake his head as he remembered that moment also. “And do you remember how I said if he ever so much as looked at you again I was going to-.” “Kick his sorry ass along with the rest of the football, basketball, and baseball team.” I nodded my head. I remembered because Jonathon never spoke to me again. Derek was always there for me. “Katelyn I need to ask you a few more questions.” He said as he sat back down in the chair next to my bed. I knew this was coming but I still could stop the shivers going up my arms. “Go ahead. I’ll tell you all I know.” I said looking at my lap. My happy moment was ruined yet again by that horrible man. “Do you know where Vincent might be hiding Annabella?” he said sitting forward and grabbing my hand. He squeezed it for a moment before I pulled it away.
I wasn’t going to get my hopes up again for him to just leave when this was over. I mean he left me before and never looked back. I wasn’t important to him anymore. I was just part of his job now.I shook my head. “Vincent never really took me anywhere. I was considered his prized possession and to fragile to leave my cell called a bedroom. If he does have her, he’s not keeping her anywhere she can be found easily.” He sighed and put his head in his hands. I felt guilty because this wasn’t the first time he’s done this. I lost a few people to him. “Do you know why he stabbed you?” He said looking up back at me. I nodded my head. “I went to run away again but this time he got me with his own men.” “Again?”
“I’ve tried running away twice before. First time to my parents and I made it. He found out though and had them murdered when I was out buying bagels for breakfast the next day. Next time I went to a friend’s, you remember Lisa right?” he nodded his head. Lisa had been my girl best friend since 5th grade. “Well I got there and she let me inside with open arms.” I sobbed as I remembered what happened next. “She had a family you know? A little girl who was just the cutest thing ever. Her husband was probably the happiest man with just being around his family. Well they weren’t happy for long. I woke up to crashing and Lisa screaming. I still hear those screams to this day. So I grabbed a bat that was underneath the bed and walked slowly over to their room which was down the hall. By the time I got there and opened up the door the person was gone and left behind to dead bodies. I’ve never seen so much blood in just a year of my life.” I whispered the last part.
“You said two bodies. Where was the little girl?” Derek said as Ijust looked at him. “They kidnapped her?” I nodded and told him the rest of it. “She’s probably all the way in Austria by now. Vincent likes to sell things at a price.” I finished up as my voice cracked. “You mean?” he said trying to tell ask me with his eyes if she was sold as a sex slave. And all I did was nod. I didn’t even know until Vincent threatened me when I tried to run away yet again. ‘You’ll be just like that pretty little girl I sold when you ran away to her mommy.’ He had whispered in my ear. I felt goose bumps as I recalled that moment. “I always wanted kids.” I whispered randomly as I thought about her. “Remember when we were together I would always come up with names for kids?” I said looking at him. He sighed and got up. “Katelyn this isn’t the time for going down memory lane! We have an agent missing by your boyfriend!”
I flinched as his voice rose. I looked away and crossed my arms. I just couldn’t do anything right for anyone. Why am I such a disappointment to everyone I meet? “Katelyn I’m sorry.” He went to go touch my face before I moved away from him. I know this wasn’t the time but I was mad that he got angry with me so quickly. I used to be able to mess with him for hours before he showed any sign of impatience. I guess people change when you aren’t there to witness it. “Katelyn don’t-.” his phone rang and he silently cursed under his breath. “Morgan.” He was silent for a moment. “What? Are you sure? Ok I’m on my way.” He started for the door before turning back around to face me. And let me tell you he looked mad. “You know Katelyn, ever since you came back nothing but harm has come to my team. My friends. You always knew how to pick them didn’t you? You should have stayed away from us. None of this would have happened if you had just ran to someone else.”
I felt my mouth drop open as I looked at him. He looked shocked that he had said that and then left. I closed my mouth and this time I didn’t bother stopping the tears from coming. I felt hurt, betrayed, but most of all I felt empty. I had no one else to turn to. Everyone has turned their backs on me and I was alone yet again. And with that thought in mind I started to rip out the needles from my arm. I quickly changed and then ripped off the band that was around my wrist saying that I was a patient. I looked back at the nightstand where a notepad and pen were. I grabbed them and wrote down two words. The only two words that I could come up with to put together how I felt. When I was down I grabbed a flower that was on the nightstand also that the nurse brought to every room and placed it on the bed next to the note. As I walked away I felt myself slowly begin to brace itself. I was going back to the monster that started this and even though I was frightened and knew I probably wouldn’t live to see tomorrow, I knew I was doing this for Derek. He didn’t want me around anymore, so I was going to grant him that wish. So I walked out of the hospital toward my own hell.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

Spencer came over and wrapped his arms around me, to which I pushed away. Why would he want to be touching me right now? It was my fault he was here and looking like he was. He was searching for me. They both were. "Annabelle..What's wrong?" Spencer asked. "This is my fault. If I would have been able to protect myself..You both wouldn't be here. We all probably wouldn't be in this mess. You guys should have just forgot about me. I'm nothing but a burden anyways. I always was for you Spencer during school and Chris you know more then anyone how much of a burden I am. You're always trying to find ways to protect me. It's not your job or your place. I'm not a little girl anymore. You both should have just walked away..let me die. Your lives would be a whole hell of a lot easier then it is now" I replied walking to a corner of the room.
I leaned against the wall and slide down to the floor. Maybe I could convince these guys to let them go in exchange for my full compliance to whatever they wanted to do with me. I wouldn't fight anymore. I'd just let it all happen. I closed my eyes and when I opened them Chris was kneeling down in front of me. I could tell that I probably was about to get ripped a new one for what I just said. I pulled back from her and stood back up. "Whatever you have to say Christina..I don't want to hear. I know what I have to do. You both just need to forget I ever exsited" I stated. I glanced up at the two of them. Spencer broke my heart. The look on his face was pain. Hadn't I caused him enough? I sighed and took another look at Chris. She looked mad at me. Who could blame her? I got her into this mess. "Ryan should have killed me" I said.

Annabelle’s P.O.V.

My body was stiff and I opened my eyes, sitting up. Looking around I noticed I was in what seemed to be an expense hotel room. I wasn't tied up nor was anyone else in the room. I stood up and held onto my head. It was pounding with my heartbeat and my eyes blurred from the pain. Why was it me? I was mad. Not at whoever was doing this to me, but at myself. I was always the vunerable, innocent, shy girl. The one always getting kidnapped or into some kind of trouble. If I made it out of here I was never going to be that girl again. Wasting my life too afraid to take any chances. I was too afraid to talk to Spencer and actually be with him. I imagine everyone would be running around worried or maybe they didn't even know yet. I did leave in an off way. Maybe they just didn't care. Chris would..then again she was probably tired of having to carry her "shy incapable of anything" friend. I sighed and sat back down on the bed, pulling my knees to my chest. I heard the door open and a man walked in to stand in front of me.
"Oh good, you're awake. I was hoping that hit over the head didn't do too much damage. My apologies Ms.Stevens" The man said. "Bite me" I said looking off. I was done being that girl. What man goes around hitting innocent people in the head at the park anyways? Let alone a woman? Chris would have a hay day with this man..whoever he was. "You shouldn't be so...hostile..towards me" He said. "You shouldn't be kidnapping federal agents now should you?" I spat back.
Smack. His hand connected with my face and I let out a small gasp. I hadn't been hit like that in a long time. My very first job to be exact. I looked at the man and spit at him. Which earned me another smack across the face. The man then walked to the dresser in the room and pulled out a camera. Then walked back over to me. I saw him press the record button and a smile spread across his face. "I want you to plead for you life. To beg your team members to save you. But first I want you to tell them to return Katelyn to me" He said. "This is because of some stupid girl?" I asked. Another Smack.
"She's not just some stupid girl" He growled. "I'm not going to beg and I'm not going to plead for my life" I said. "You will. Unless you want the alternative" He smirked. "I don't care what you do to me. I'm not going to do anything you ask. I'm not putting my team through seeing me beg for my life and them not being able to do anything about it. You can go to hell you asshole" I snapped. "You're going to regret that decision" He said.
He whistled and in came two more men. They both were smiling and one of them was carrying a bag. Before I could react I was punched across the face and felt myself being tied to the bed. I could hear laughing and opened my eyes to see the bastard was still filming. It was then I realized I was probably never going to make it out of this room. I knew It wouldn't matter If I screamed or not, these guys seemed like professionals. He was filming to send this video to the BAU. None of it mattered anymore. Spencer was going to have to see my death and I shut my eyes to stop the tears from spilling out. I Couldn't tell when the pain had beguon or if it had even stopped. It seemed to be consuming my whole body and I felt my lungs tighten. I wanted to cry out but couldn't. Tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't hold them in any longer. What I would give to be back with team right now. To see Spencer's Face, hell even Gideon's. After everything I had seen in my line of work, I still couldn't picture a human doing this to another human being. Then again this guy couldn't be human, not this man. The knife carved into my body and I just layed there. I wasn't sure what I could even anyways and truthfully I wanted to die. Nothing had or could have possibly prepared me for something like this.I could feel the two men just cutting and stabbing into me without a care. I just shut my eyes tighter and prayed it all away. I prayed for the pain to stop. I prayed to be in Spencer's arms once more. I prayed to see Chris' face and to see her and Morgan flirting about like usual. I prayed to be able to talk to my father, Jason Gideon, and to even see Hotch so I could apologize. To see Emily's smiling face and Rossi too. I mostly just prayed to live, but somehow I knew that it wasn't an option. There was no way I was going to live through this pain.

Spencer's P.O.V.

I went with Chris to the hospital to talk more to Morgan and this Katelyn girl. We needed to find out everything we could about her ex. The drive there had me thankful we were heading to a hospital. I understood that Chris was upset about Annabelle, I was too, but her driving was insane. We reached our destination and once piece,thankfully, and found the room. Walking inside Morgan stood up and came over to us. "The doctors just gave her some morphine so she's out" He said. "Frickin Great..We need information and she decides to sleep" Chris said. "I talked to her before she fell asleep. I think I got enough information.." Morgan started. "We don't have time for you to "think" right now" Chris interrupted. "Chris.." I said softly.
"Yeah yeah..I know" She responded taking a breath. "We're all worried here and want to find Annabelle. Lets step out here" Morgan said. "You don't understand. It's my job to protect that girl" Chris said. "She's part of our team. How do you think we feel? Not being able to protect her twice" Morgan replied. "This isn't doing us any good right now" I said. "We need to know what you know Morgan" "Okay..well, Katelyn met her boyfriend, whose name is Vincent Castellano. At first she said that he pimped her out basically. Then he got a real liking to her and kept her by his side. She was his drug mule for smuggling. Anyways she got tired of his games and decided to leave. This is what they did to her. Stabbed her seven times and left her for dead. She has fight in her though.She said that her ex boyfriend has a partner though and he was the one who handled all the dirty work like this. He just wants Katelyn back. He doesn't care or have any concern for Annabelle. She said he probably doesn't even know where she is" Morgan explained.
"So we're still at square one then" Chris said. Suddenly my phone started ringing and Hotch's name blinked on the screen. I opened the phone and immediately pressed it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked. "I need all of you to the station now" He said before hanging up. I could tell by the tone of his voice that it wasn't good. I was silently begging for it not to be because they found her body. I let the others know what Hotch said and in no time we were on our way back to the station. The hospital had direct orders to call if Katelyn woke up again. I didn't see how much she could help. She apparently didn't get the name of her boyfriends accomplice. We rushed into the station and the faces of the rest of the team members made a lump form in my throat.
"We recieved a video" JJ said. "Video?" I asked. "You, Chris, and Morgan can go watch it" Hotch answered. So the three of us went into an empty room in the back and pressed the play button. There on the screen was Annabelle and some unknown man. He told her to beg for her life and she refused. I could tell by the look in her eye that she was scared but wasn't backing down. The unknown man whistled and two more men walked in. One of them punched her and another man left the room, but not before saying something in a different language. I watched in horror and the lump in my throat got bigger as they started to cut Annabelle. One of them put out a cigar on her arm. The other plunged the knife into her. I couldn't stand to watch anymore. I shut off the video and I felt numb as I stood up.
Chris POV

Chris bit her lip, her mind reviewing the footage over and over again. God…she knew that voice. It sounded so different from the one she was used too. The kinder, gentler one. The one she had fallen in love with. It was Tae Yang. Morgan took in her pale face and leaned in close. “Chris? You ok?” Chris couldn’t help but give a bitter laugh. Ok? What an incredibly stupid word. Right now she wanted to go find a hole and bury herself. “I know who took Bells,” Chris said, her voice going flat, devoid of emotion. Reid spun around. “Who,” he asked and Chris gave a faint smile.
“The Black Dragons. They’re a notiours gang, known in Korea for their prostution and drug smuggling. The man in the back, the one who walked out of the room fast, that’s Tae Yang, my-” Chris’s voice broke on the word “my” but she immeadity regained control of her emotions. “-was a…very good friend of mine. Guess he finally did go into the family business.
“Since Bells is a pretty girl they’ll probably ship her out to Korea as a prostitute, if the drugs they give her get her addicted. If not they’ll just make her OD. The Black Dragons prefer seedy bars and since they’re a pretty racist group, only trusting other fellow Asians, you’ll have to look for an oriental bar near here to find them. If you find the right bar, write this down on the paper they give you,” Chris said, digging into her pocket for a pen. She pulled out an old ball point and immediately began to write on the underside of her left forearm:
나의 형제를 환영하십시오.
“It says ‘welcome my brother’. The password to get in is universal in the Black Dragons.”
Spencer's P.O.V.

I was hoping I didn't hear Chris right. As soon as the thought registered in my head though I took off running back towards everyone else. I dialed Garcia's number and waited for her to answer. "Garcia speaking" She said gravely. "Garcia! I need you to look up something for me" I said. "Anything, what is it?" She asked. "Look for an oriental bar near here that has had recent activity that's out of the normal for them to have" I replied. "Alright..It's searching..Reid..I've seen the video.." She started. "I don't want to talk about it Garcia" I snapped. "I've went over every inch..There's a logo in the back..and..whoa..Got a match" She said. "You're on speaker" I said placing my phone down as everyone huddled.
"It's an oriental bar called Dunes. It's about 30 minutes away on the other side of town. I'm sending the address to your GPS now" She said. I yelled a thanks and shut the door. Everyone got ready and we dashed to the cars. The drive there seemed a lot longer than 30 minutes, but we finally reached the bar. We surrounded the exits and then entered, guns drawn. Searching through each room and finding nothing I feared we were at the wrong place. The last room we checked stopped that fear right in its tracks. It was the room from the video and there was blood everywhere. A note was sitting on the bed in the middle of it with a rose attached to it. Chris' name was on the envelope. No one touched it or bothered to move as Chris entered the room. They knew we were coming, but how? Hopefully they just moved Annabelle and weren't already moving her out of the country. After the damage they did to her she wouldn't be ready for anything like that anyways I hoped. The rest of us searched the around the room as Chris picked up the envelope. I bent down under the desk in the room to find a necklace. I picked it up and once again the lump in my throat formed. It was the necklace I had given Annabelle so long ago. She left it on purpose for me.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

I was hoping Spencer would find the necklace so he knew I had loved him all this time. I wasn't for sure where they were taking me. They kept switching up people, I figured to confuse me. I guess they weren't counting on me having an above average memory. If there were doing that though, then their plan wasn't to kill me. I figured out a lot from the short time I've been with them. They were some sort of gang who worked along the mafia, but not so much. They had lost a girl that was working for them and I was to replace her. I shifted from my spot on the ground of the van I was in. They had laid me on my stomach and my hands were tied behind my back. It was cold and normally I would be crying, but my tears were all dried out. I had come to terms with what they wanted for me. I wasn't going to allow it to happen though. I would cause as much problems as possibly to get them to kill me before I became just another girl for men to play with. I owed that much to Chris. God how I wish I could tell her this wasn't her fault. I know she would be blaming herself. She had always been so protective over me. They jerked me up and I winced from the pain. There was things that had happened to me that I wouldn't speak of to anyone ever. I was violated in more ways then one and I would take it to my grave. The van stubbed abruptly and I was thrown to the floor. The men chuckled and I was yanked up once more. I felt the vehicle being backed up and then the doors opened. It was dark where ever we were and I was pulled out of the van. Walking with the men my eyes started to adjust and I finally realized where we were at. There was curtains pulled up and behind them were other females. Being drugged and trained in a way for their new lives. I was to become one of them. No matter the pain I did what I could. I kicked and tried to remember some of the moves Chris had taught me to defend myself. I thought I was doing alright until I felt something sharp go into my neck. It wasn't long until the drugs then kicked in and I went limp. They carried me into an empty room and I huddled in the corner, my knees pulled to my chest. Not before too long I heard a different language and I was alone, but not for long. A man entered and I backed up into the wall even more.
"Don't be afraid" He said, his Korean accent coming through nicely. "I'm..Not.." I mumbled. "That's quite a fight you put up..Familiar moves" He stated. "I was taught" I responded. "By Christina, no?" He asked. I looked at him with wide eyes. Who was he and how did he know about Chris? Fear ran through me. When was the last time I talked to her? Did these people get her too? Nausea hit me like a tidal wave and I bent over, puking. "That's not good...Here..Clean yourself up" He said handing me a towel. I took it reluctantly and then remembered what had caused this in the first place. "If you dare go near or hurt Chris...I swear.." I threatened. "You swear what? You're not in any position to threaten me" He said narrowing his eyes. "How do you even know about her?" I asked. "She's someone...from my past" He replied.
"...Tae..Yang?" I asked. "Hello Annabelle" He said smiling. My insides turned. This wasn't the man that Chris had described. She had painted him as a nice, sweet fellow. Instead he was harsh and selling women against their wills. Did Chris know about this? Did she know that he was going to take me? I closed my eyes and tears slipped out. I was confused and the life that I once knew slipped away. I felt betrayed and just wanted all of this to end. "I won't become like the others" I whispered. "You have no choice, well besides death" He said. "I'd rather die then become your..scum" I stated. "Very well then" He responded pulling a needle out of his jacket. He pulled out a medicine jar, but I knew it wasn't medicine. It was my own personal poision. It was my life in a jar. He filled the whole needle and I knew it was a deadly dosage. My guess was that it was heroine. "This is your choice?" He asked looking at me.
I nodded and when he got close enough I untangled my hands from the ropes I had been tied with, which weren't that tight to begin with. I punched him and attempted to run past him. He caught my foot and I fell to the ground hard. My head smacked against the concrete ground and I felt blood trickle down my forehead. It wasn't going to stop me though. I kicked out of his grasp and attempted to run again. This time he tackled me and we wrestled for a bit before he punched me hard enough to distract me. He held my arms above my head with one hand as he sat on top of me. The other hand pressed the needle into my skin and injected the drugs right into my neck. He loosened his grip and the room started to spin. My heartbeat increased and I struggled to grasp for air. The world started to go black and he bent down and whispered something Korean in my ear and I was gone. I had never given much thought to death or how I would die, but this wasn't how I pictured it, that's for sure. My only regret was not seeing Spencer one more time and letting Chris know this wasn't her fault. Also not giving Gideon a chance. I'm sure he had a good reason for the decision he made, but I would never get a chance to know. My life had ended in a cold concrete room..alone.

Tae Yang POV

Tae Yang hadn’t wanted to harm this pretty girl. In truth he didn’t want such a dear friend of Christina’s involved in this business. But for appearance sake he had to act like Annabelle was nothing more than a plaice of meat to him. He watched as the burly thugs walked in jostling each other. The men were always happy when a new girl came in. Personally it made Tae Yang sick, but he couldn’t say that to Castellano. Castellano was a hafu, a half-breed much like Christina, but he had come into greater power by his Korean father far earlier than anyone expected. At the moment Castellano was the Black Dragons’ general and Tae Yang merely the heir to be the leader. One thug pinched the unconisous Annabelle’s cheek and uttered something, causing everyone around him to laugh. Tae Yang in turn stiffened.
“Hey boss,” called out the one who had pinched her cheek. “Let us have some fun with this tiger eh? While she’s k.o. so she doesn’t claw out our eyes?” “Are you really nothing more the dogs, to f*** a girl where she can’t enjoy it?” Tae Yang spat out in his natural Korean, hoping he could buy Annabelle a little more time before the inevitable happened. As useless as this may be, he didn’t want to hear a friend of Christina’s cry. That would be the same as if it was Christina herself crying again. “Wait till she becomes more subservient. Give her to me! I’ll deal with her.” “What about your fiancé?” Tae Yang snorted. “What about her? She knows about the business, what else should I hide from her?” All the men begin to laugh, proud to be under the command of such a brazen, strong man. Tae Yang wanted to throw up. He watched as one of the men roughly swung Annabelle over his shoulder.
“Where do you want her?” “My bedroom.” The other man nodded and walked out with her thrown over one arm. Maybe Annabelle would forgive him for doing this? Most likely not. All Tae Yang could pray for was that Christina not find out where they were. If she forgot the deal she had made…or any of the lower soldiers found out she was a hafu, she would be thrown into this business in the blink of an eye. Or killed. There were some bandages and ointment not far from his room. Tae Yang could get them, if no one was watching him. With that thought in mind Tae Yang left, waiting for when Annabelle would talk to him. He couldn’t rescue her completely. But he could protect her from the worst in this business.
Spencer's P.O.V.

Maybe we were going at this all wrong. We were treating it like a normal case and everyone could tell there was nothing normal about this. I looked over at Chris. She hadn't said a word since we got back to the station. I wasn't sure she even read the letter addressed to her. It wasn't my business though. I rubbed my temple and mentally kicked myself. "Guys we treated this like cops. We should have went in like Chris told us to..With that password" I said causing everyone to look up. "We had no time Reid" Morgan argued. "But Annabelle wasn't there. We need to go back but have Katelyn go. Find out more information about where they could be hiding her now" I responded. "It's worth a shot" Prentiss said. "Not a chance. Katelyn's been through enough" Morgan said.
"Katelyn will be safe, the more time we waste arguing the more time they have to hurt Annabelle" Gideon said. "So it's settled..Morgan since she's your friend go pick up Katelyn. Everyone else go over everything again. See if we missed anything. Reid, Chris I want both of you to go back to the bar and use the password this time" Hotch said. Everyone separated and I walked over to Chris. I wasn't sure what to do or say. I was in a dark place without Annabelle, but she was Chris' best friend and someone she had been around for the past couple years or so. I took a deep breath and fiddled with the necklace in my pocket. Annabelle’s necklace. "Can you handle this?" I asked.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

I woke up and wanted to scream. It wasn't fair really. The time when I wanted to die and just couldn't. Any other time when I would want to live death would be knocking at my door. See first Kidnapping. I realized I wasn't on a concrete ground anymore but a quite comfortable bed. I rolled over and the room started spinning until I focused on one thing. I looked down and saw that I had bandages and my wounds had been cleaned. Now they wanted to be nice? I sat up glanced around the room. It was some kind of bedroom. I shifted a little and let out a gasp. My whole body hurt and was stiff. I felt sick as well.
"Don't move so much. It will make it worse" A voice called out. I looked over at the source of the voice. Tae Yang. I was in his bedroom. Why would he care after bringing me here anyways? I laid back down and curled up into a ball. I could hear footsteps coming. "Act like your asleep" He instructed. Right as the door opened I shut my eyes and tried to remain calm and still. I could hear a man talking and he seemed a bit angry. "She's still not up?" The man asked. "No. Now leave" Tae Yang instructed. The unknown man huffed angrily, but left none the less. I waited until I heard the door shut and lock before I opened my eyes again. I sat back up and this time the nausea wasn't as bad. "What are you going to do with me?" I asked barely above a whisper. "I'm still trying to figure that out" He replied. "Chris is going to find me you know..and when she does..It's going to be hell on earth" I said.
I heard him chuckle a bit and I frowned. It wasn't that funny to me. I wasn't meaning it as an empty threat either. When Chris and the team finally found me, dead or alive, someone would be paying for it. Chris was not a force to be reckoned with either. "Are you the one who bandaged me up?" I asked. "I don't wish for this to happen to you or anyone. It's the least I could do for one of Christina's friends" He replied. "What happened to you two? When she has talked about you..There was so much love..Love like Spencer and I..What happened to you?" I asked. "Too long of a story" He said signaling the end of our conversation. It was stupid of me to think it, but I felt a new sense of hope now. He could have left me in that room and let God knows what happen. Instead he was helping me in a way. I was hoping to find out about what happened, but I wasn't going to push it and risk making him angry. Looking at him now I could see it was all a show.
To please the ones higher than him. No doubt this is not what he wanted out of life. For whatever reason I was here, it wasn't on his direct doing. It was nice to have someone looking out for me in here though. Even if at first he was a royal prick. I felt dizzy once more and then the nausea hit again. He handed me a bucket and I was thankful once again. After I layed back down and he came over and put a cold wash cloth on my head. "Rest. You'll need it" He said. I nodded and closed my eyes. I was slowly drifting off and my body was shaking from the drugs. They were leaving my body and I just wanted to sleep. To get through this. Right before I drifted off I grabbed Tae Yang's hand. "Thank you" I whispered. I let go of his hand and curled up once more, sleep consuming me.

Annabelle’s P.O.V.

The look on Chris' face told me that I had better shut up and not try to interrupt her again. If she had something to say then I had just better listen. She walked up and put her hands on either side of my shoulders. "Bells..If you didn't look so pathetic I'd beat you right now!" Chris said. "Chris all I ever cause is stress on everyone. Always worrying about what's going to happen to me. Am I going to be okay? Able to protect myself? I know it gets old. That's why I'm going to do whatever it is to get you two out of here" I said. "You don't know the full truth, Bells, I'm protective because I'm scared. Weird right? But true. I'm terrified of losing you or anyone close to me for that matter. You've been one of the few people who have accepted me exactly as I am. I don't mind worrying about you or carrying you on my shoulders sometimes because you're my best friend. I love you. It's something that you are going to have to deal with" She responded.
I only nodded and the tears started flowing again. She pulled me into a hug and I gave in. I was so exhausted from my time being here. I cried for everything that has happened and the possiblity of what was to come. Chris shushed me and I wiped the tears from eyes. "Now you have a boy over there that cares the world for you. Do NOT push him or let him get away Annabelle" She demanded. "You actually approve of a guy I like..shocker" I smiled. "I know..You should take advantage of it. Go to him, let him be there for you like you've let me" She said. I gave her one more hug then walked over to Spencer. He looked at me and I put my hand on his face. It was bruised, but his eyes still shined. I wasted no more time and pulled him into a kiss. He wrapped his arms around me and I stood on my tip toes to reach him.
"I love you" I whispered. "I love you too Annabelle" He whispered back. Any other moment this would have been out of a fairytale for me. But life wasn't a fairytale. Not even close. We pulled away right as the door opened and in stepped Tae Yang. "There's not much time. He's coming back and planning on just killing all of you. I can get you outside, but then you'll have to figure it out" He said. "We should be going then" Spencer said in a hurry. I nodded and we walked out of the room. I turned around to see Chris stopped in front of Tae Yang. I could see that they still cared for each other and they were both realizing this was probably the end. "I'm sorry" I heard Tae Yang say. "It was never your fault. I know you didn't want this" Chris replied.
Yelling from the other rooms interrupted anything else they were going to say. He yelled go and soon Chris was pulling not only me, but Spencer. We ran to the door and escaped outside. Shots rang out in the building and Chris stopped. I prayed that it wasn't Tae Yang who was shot, but we couldn't really go back to find out. I tugged on Chris and she seemed to understand we needed to continue running. We ran behind a car and Chris told us to wait there. Spencer's arms were around me and I felt really exhausted, more than normal. Soon the car started up and Chris came back to us. Noticing that I couldn't move much, she helped Spencer carry me and place me in the car. Spencer sat in the backseat with me as I laid down. I wanted to close my eyes and fall asleep but couldn't. I could only stare out and watch as we drove away.
Spencer's P.O.V.

It had been a week since anyone had heard from Annabelle. When we got back to the rest of the team we were of course rushed to the hospital. After being discharged from the hospital Annabelle and I went home and shared a night that I'm sure was a first for both of us. But in the morning she was gone. The only thing left was a note that stated she was sorry and that she needed time. It also mentioned she loved me and always would no matter what.
She hadn't even called Chris once to let her know where she was or if she was okay. Chris had been contacted by Tae Yang to let her know he was alright, but back in Korea. Morgan's friend Katelyn was M.I.A. and so was Vincent Castellano. His group of men had packed up the warehouse with all those women and moved someplace else. We weren't going to stop working to find them though. Gideon also left today. At least he told us this time he was leaving. I think he was going to search for Annabelle, but something told me he knew where she was. I was trying really hard to understand, but I missed her. I know the others did too. Chris didn't hesitate to start dating Morgan. At times I couldn't stand seeing them together. It reminded me of how Annabelle wasn't here and how I couldn't hold her or kiss her. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. It was hard not knowing if I would see her again or when. I took one more look around the bullpen at work and stopped at her desk. I placed her necklace on her desk then walked out. The whole way back to my apartment I kept thinking I saw her. She seemed to be everywhere, but I knew it was all in my head. That night when I went to bed I wished nothing more than to have her in my arms.
Two Weeks...Nothing. Three Weeks...Still Nothing. Four Weeks...Not one phone call or letter to anyone. Finally after five months as the team, with Chris being a new member, we were all gathered in the conference room when the door opened. Annabelle walked in and everyone just stopped. My heart started pounding and took in her appearance. She had cut her hair and she had a much healthier look about her. I stood up first and walked over to her. She wrapped her arms around me and I think I finally breathed. I wasn't dreaming. She was real and she was here. I pulled away from her and the rest of the team greeted her. "It's nice to see you are okay Annabelle. If you're ready to come back to work we could really use you" Hotch said. "I'm ready..but there's something that I need to tell everyone before starting again..Especially Spencer" She said turning towards me. I grabbed her hand and she smiled slightly before squeezing my hand and then letting it go. The next words that came out her mouth hit me like a brick. "I'm Pregnant" She stated.

At the mention of my pregnancy the team finally took in my whole appearance. Sure five months wasn't that big, especially on me, but it was still noticeable. I took in everyone's reaction, but the one I cared for most also scared me. Spencer was staring at my stomach his mouth slightly ajar. Truthfully I didn't think he believed it. I smiled cautiously and he closed his mouth. The team said their congrats then left Spence and I to talk alone. "Pregnant.." He whispered. "We are" I said. "How..far?" He asked unsure. "Pretty much the whole five months" I replied. "Five months? Five months and you couldn't even call. Not one word that you were carrying my child?" He yelled at me. "I know. Spencer I'm sorry" I said. "Why did you leave?" He asked. "I needed to find who I was" I said shortly. "But you knew who you were. I knew who you were" He said. "Being the girl who always gets kidnapped or can't defend herself gets old fast Spencer. My father offered me something I couldn't refuse" I stated. "Which is?" He asked. "A chance to become someone different. He taught me everything and you should know he has a lot of knowledge" I replied.
"You were with Gideon? He wrote, but never said one word" Spencer said. "I asked him not to. I knew either you or Chris would come get me or something. I had to do this on my own Spencer. It was hard believe me. I didn't find out I was pregnant until three months afterwards" I said. "You should have called..wrote..something" He said quietly. "I know..but I have some pictures I want to show you" I smiled. "Pictures?" He asked. "Of our baby" I said. His face lit up and he walked over to me. Before pulling out the pictures I hugged him again tightly then kissed him. I had longed to be in his arms again for long enough. We pulled apart and he was smiling. I reached into my bag and pulled out an envelope with my ultrasound pictures. After the pictures were all through he pulled me into a long kiss, which was broken up by a cough from Hotch. "Sorry to interrupt, but we need to be heading out for this case" He said. The both of us just nodded and I saw a blush across his face. I smiled and we walked out of the room hand in hand.
4 Months Later
Spencer's P.O.V.
We had just wrapped up another case and yet they never seemed to end. Annabelle was currently on leave with Chris who claimed to have sympathy pains. If there was someone other than Annabelle in pain I think it was me. These past couple of months had changed things dramatically. Not only was I going to be a father, her mood swings were off the wall. She had cravings in the middle of the night, to which I was supposed to fulfill for her. I rushed into work and Morgan started laughing. My shirt wasn't tucked in like normal. I had completely forgotten my usual vest and tie. I also believe I didn't get a chance to really brush my hair this morning either.
"Rough night?" He asked smirking. "Just like every night. She wants these obscure things, and when I finally get them to her, she's changed her mind" I huffed. "Get used to it daddy-o" He laughed. "You know what I'm waiting for?" I asked. "What's that?" Morgan replied. "I'm waiting for when Chris gets pregnant. If Annabelle is this crazy, when she's normally so sweet. How do you think Christina is going to be?" I asked. Morgan stopped smirking immediately and then walked off. I chuckled to myself. Suddenly my phone started to go off and I fumbled with it. The caller Id flashed Chris.
"Hello?" I said. "You lover boy better get your ass to the hospital right now. I'm taking Bells in. She's in labor" Chris said. "Labor? Are you sure?" I asked. "Well she's flooding my car so I'm pretty damn sure" Chris yelled from the other line. "I'll be right there.." I said hanging up. I ran to Hotch's office and barged in the door. He looked up at me and I noticed JJ was in the room as well. "Annabelle is in labor" I said. "Well what are you doing here. Go" He replied smiling. I took off running, my bag banging against my side as I ran. I wasn't sure how I got to the hospital, It all seemed like a blur. When I got there Annabelle was being wheeled into a room. Chris was trying to help her with her breathing. I ran to her side and she let out a small cry. "Bout time you got here" Chris yelled. "You take her hand, I think mine's broken"
I grabbed a hold of Annabelle’s hand and she squeezed. I bit back the yelp I wanted to let loose. This girl could have a grip when she wanted. "Where.Have.You.Been?" She hissed. "I got here as fast as I could" I said. She let out a cry and leaned her head back. The nurses came and finally moved her onto a bed. I still had a hold of her hand and it wasn't too long before a doctor came in the check on her. "We're ready to begin. Those who are staying in the room need to get put on the scrubs and gloves." The doctor instructed. I thought that Chris was going to be in the room, instead she held up her hands and backed away. I gulped and put on what I needed to and went back into the room. Immediately Annabelle grabbed my hand as the doctor instructed her to push.
2 hours later
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

I was positive this pain was never going to end. Anything my father had taught me went out the window. He said pain was a thing of the mind. He clearly never gave birth. Chris had called him after she called Spencer so I knew he would be here after the baby was born. I gave one last push and a cry rang out through the room. I started to cry silently and Spencer cut the cord. He was cleaned off, then handed to Spencer. He was also crying as he handed me my baby. "It's a girl." He whispered. "Our girl." I said smiling. "What's her name gonna be?" The nurse asked. I looked at Spencer and knew what I was going to name her. "Brittany Diana Reid." I said softly. Spencer smiled brightly as I used his mother's name. He then bent down and kissed my forehead. I fed our baby girl and shortly after fell asleep, with Spencer by my side.
One Year Later
I laid down Brittany down in her crib, turned on the monitor and made my way back into the living room to Spencer. He was sitting on the couch reading a book. I sat down and cuddled up next to him. He marked his place and closed the book. I twirled my wedding ring around my finger and smiled. "What are you smiling about?" He asked. "Why not smile? I got a wonderful husband, beautiful daughter and a roof over my head." I replied, Spencer kissed my forehead and I leaned closer to him. His arms wrapped around me and I breathed in his scent. "I love you Spencer Reid." I said. "I love you Annabelle Reid." He replied. I lifted my head up and pressed my lips to his. My life was perfect, well as perfect as it could be.

on Jun. 7 2012 at 10:37 am
TeardropsInApril, Alaska, California
I love criminal minds!

on Dec. 26 2011 at 3:51 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

"Go confidentally in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've always imagined." -Thoreau

By the way, my twelve year old sister likes this.

on Dec. 26 2011 at 3:45 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

Persona writing is a skilled art! Not just a mere skill or an abstract art but a skilled art! It's practically acting on paper! If done improperly the characterization drowns in a pool of nonsense! I beleive you saturated this story with romance! What is with this generation and romance?! Good grief! Why is Reid having kids? That seems so illogical. Why is there a second genius? That seems statistically impossible. Anyway, persona writing is an art, exactly like acting. There are beleivable actors (persay the ones on Criminal Minds) and there are horrible actors (poorly executed high school plays). Continue writing and always look at your word choice. :)

on Dec. 26 2011 at 3:11 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

Interesting conclusion line. Please clarify if Reid and Chris have been captured along with Annabelle.

on Dec. 26 2011 at 2:48 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

EPITOME OF LAMENESS! TOO RANDOM! WHY WOULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN? IS THIS REALLY IN GIDEON'S CHARA -- Hold the hedgehog! Gideon already has a son! What is happening in this alternate multiverse?!?!

on Dec. 26 2011 at 2:40 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

The Gideon segment should be in Reid's perspective.

on Dec. 26 2011 at 2:30 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

FAIL! I apologize for that out burst. Perhaps its just me and my anti-romantic sentiments, but ... Never mind

on Dec. 26 2011 at 2:24 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

Morgan would say, "Why do we love you?" Gideon and Reid seem out of character. Revise some diction.

on Dec. 26 2011 at 2:12 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

Revise sentences to reduce redundancy. Remeber to revise your diction! Keep in mind that this is from the perspective of geniuses! Use the words to convince the reader of that! Why did you insert Gideon? Its not that we hate him, it is just too spontaneous.

on Dec. 26 2011 at 2:05 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

That old cliche 'back in high school.' Competion is characteristic of Reid but you might want to lok at some of your diction in chapter 5. FLASHBACK, FORESHADOWING, and IRONY abound! I love it!

on Dec. 26 2011 at 1:50 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

Chapter 2: I like your portrayal of the stoic-faced Hotch, but the Prentiss comment seemed slightly out of character. I like your oxymoron of 'comfortable awkward silence.' This chapter reminds me of the first episode with Agent Seaver.

on Dec. 26 2011 at 1:37 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

Chapter 1: First person gives this story a unique twist. Your characters (especially Morgan) seem real (using dialogue). Perhpas you should have swithched chapters when swithching point of views. Focus on your diction/word choice -- this kind of persona wirting requires better diction since it comes from the minds of 'geniuses.' An interesting start.

on Dec. 26 2011 at 12:38 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

I haven't had time to read your book yet, but your titile has hooked me. My friend would say something like that.