New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Imperfection Is Beauty, Madness Is Genius

Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!
Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 Next »

6

"Annabelle...Annabelle...Wake up sleepy head" I heard a voice say. My head was pounding and I felt as if I had been hit by a truck. I groaned slightly and felt someone run a finger down my back. It was then I realized I was lying on my stomach. I went to roll over and suddenly my head was being jerked up by my hair. I let out a soft yelp and opened my eyes. Upon looking around I remembered where I was and who I was with. I shut my mouth tight and closed my eyes. Ryan...He had been watching me the whole entire time. Just waiting for me... I shivered and he pulled me into his arms. "I knew once they found out that I was that I couldn't waste any time. You belong to me Annabelle. You always have. Ever since I laid eyes on you" He said sniffing my hair.
"You're a creep. I was a little girl. You were a grown teenager. That's sick" I said through my teeth. "Watch your mouth Annabelle. It's so pretty, I would hate to have to hurt it" He said leaning in to my ear. I tried to jerk away from him but he just laughed and held me closer. His hands went down my arms and rubbed his face into my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut as much as I possibly could and tried to will myself to believe that this wasn't happening and if it was Spencer and the team would rush in at any minute. But they never came and this was real. Ryan Stiles had finally caught up to me.
Spencer's P.O.V.

We had to find her. I was mentally kicking myself around just thinking about it. I couldn't fully concentrate. All I could think about was those other victims and everything he did to them. What if he was doing that to Annabelle right now? What if he was touching her? I couldn't stand the thought. I sat down and put my head in my hands. "Reid...Someone is here to see you" Hotch said walking up to me. "Can it wait? I'm not really in the visiting mood" I said blankly. "No Reid, It can't. They are waiting in the conference room and don't worry. There won't be anyone interrupting you" He said before walking back off. I lifted my head up and was slightly intrigued by this strange visitor. Who could it be? I thought to myself. I slowly got up and walked over to the conference room. When I opened the door and saw who was inside I immediately dropped the coffee I was holding.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

"You don't know how long I've waited for this" He whispered stroking my hair. "You'll be waiting for the rest of your life" I spat. "Touchy Touchy...” He said putting his hand on my leg. "Don't touch me" I said through gritted teeth. He brought his hand back and smacked me. I winced and dropped my head down. He stood up and threw something across the room. I looked back up and he was pacing back n forth. "I don't want to hurt you Annabelle. Don't make me do it again" He demanded.
I closed my eyes and blinked back some tears. I wanted out of here. I wanted away from Ryan. Why he had became obsessive over me, I didn't know. He had me tied up to a table that was nailed down in the corner of a dark room. It looked like an old run down hotel room honestly. There was only a medium sized bed and a chair in the room, except for the table as well. I felt him come near me again and could smell the alcohol on his breath. I wanted to gag because of the smell. Alcohol was never something I could get used to. My father had been an alcoholic and caused my mother to leave. Despite what most people are probably thinking, my father wasn't abusive. Physically at least. He was a depressed lonely man. He usually stayed out all night and didn't come home until late afternoon, in which he would just sleep anyways. I had to learn to take care of myself. I guess it helped that I was a genius. I had knowledge of how to take care. I opened my eyes and he was right in front of me smiling. His hand had been traveling up and down my thigh for the past 5 minutes. I glared at him and when he went to kiss me, I bit his lip and knew I drew blood. He let out a cry and fell back a little. When he realized what just happened he came at me and hit me once more. I could feel the blood in my mouth after his hand made contact with my face. I bit back a small scream. He didn't seem to like that. He grabbed my head and pulled my hair, making me come closer to him. He smirked, expecting me to give in to him. Instead I just smirked right back at him and his smirk fell. I felt him slam me against the wall and slam my head harder. Black spots started to appear and I drifted off into unconsciousness.
Spencer's P.O.V.

"..Gideon?" I asked putting my eyebrows together. He had been the last person I expected to see. He disappeared over a year ago and now he was right in front of me. "Hello Reid, I heard you need some help finding an old friend of yours" He replied. "Yes...we do" I said nodding. "I'm here however you need me" Gideon said. And I had hoped again. If anyone could help it was Jason Gideon. The best profiler in my eyes. The one who always seemed to find the answers. And the man who understood me. With his help, we are going to find Annabelle.

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:37 am:
I love criminal minds!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
By the way, my twelve year old sister likes this.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Persona writing is a skilled art! Not just a mere skill or an abstract art but a skilled art! It's practically acting on paper! If done improperly the characterization drowns in a pool of nonsense! I beleive you saturated this story with romance! What is with this generation and romance?! Good grief! Why is Reid having kids? That seems so illogical. Why is there a second genius? That seems statistically impossible. Anyway, persona writing is an art, exactly like acting. There are beleivable acto... (more »)

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Interesting conclusion line. Please clarify if Reid and Chris have been captured along with Annabelle.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
EPITOME OF LAMENESS! TOO RANDOM! WHY WOULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN? IS THIS REALLY IN GIDEON'S CHARA -- Hold the hedgehog! Gideon already has a son! What is happening in this alternate multiverse?!?!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
The Gideon segment should be in Reid's perspective.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
FAIL! I apologize for that out burst. Perhaps its just me and my anti-romantic sentiments, but ... Never mind

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Morgan would say, "Why do we love you?" Gideon and Reid seem out of character. Revise some diction.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Revise sentences to reduce redundancy. Remeber to revise your diction! Keep in mind that this is from the perspective of geniuses! Use the words to convince the reader of that! Why did you insert Gideon? Its not that we hate him, it is just too spontaneous.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
That old cliche 'back in high school.' Competion is characteristic of Reid but you might want to lok at some of your diction in chapter 5. FLASHBACK, FORESHADOWING, and IRONY abound! I love it!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 2: I like your portrayal of the stoic-faced Hotch, but the Prentiss comment seemed slightly out of character. I like your oxymoron of 'comfortable awkward silence.' This chapter reminds me of the first episode with Agent Seaver.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 1: First person gives this story a unique twist. Your characters (especially Morgan) seem real (using dialogue). Perhpas you should have swithched chapters when swithching point of views. Focus on your diction/word choice -- this kind of persona wirting requires better diction since it comes from the minds of 'geniuses.' An interesting start.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
I haven't had time to read your book yet, but your titile has hooked me. My friend would say something like that.